It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom: a seperate view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am not sure my opinion on a corrupt government and freedom isn't free and all that, but I do know a few things. I can go eat where I want when I want, I can go shopping and buy whatever foods I want, I can do anything I want as long as it potentially doesn't hurt someone else.

It is pretty much fact that if 2 or more humans inhabit a place, government will be initiated ( leadership, roles, decisions ) and in my opinion, for the average citizen, the USA is a pretty good country, yet I read every tiny little aspect being psycho analyzed by people.

No, I am not one of those blind followers, and yes, some things do need to be corrected, but I do not believe that every little thing should be taken under a microscope.

I believe in some ways the government effects us in a harmful way, but in others they could possibly protect us, the average citizen does not need to know everything going on, what if there is a UFO at Dugway or Area 51? I just think some people need to think of what kind of impact it could have on society, some of these things that the government may hide.

Alright by now you most likely think I am a devoted to the government person with strings attached to every limb, just like you think everyone else is, this is not the case. I do think big things need to be paid attention to, like OUR tax dollars going towards things the government themselves could have setup, but on the other hand, why do people make such a big deal of things like phone tapping? Really, they are not targeting everyone, and if they do happen to hear you talking to grandma, really, this effects no one.

All in all, I am not saying to believe you are completely free, or just go with the flow on everything, all I am trying to say is that some people analyze things way too hard when in the end even if they were right it effects no one. Debate should be effective, not just to debate.

new topics

join