It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice/Generational Curse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm new here to this site, and feel a bit of a fraud as Ive browsed the site for a few days and there seems to be so many people with so much knowledge on here that seem to know what they're talking about, and to be honest, I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer. But I know there is something going on in my family for generations, something very dark, and I have been the only one who can see how bad it is, and my whole life something has been pushing me to sort it out. Hence I have always found myself pushed in directions where I might find help, most of the time without even looking, things appear by accident, like this site I stumbled across, so Im thinking maybe Ive been lead here as this is the place I will find someone, who agrees with what Im saying, and acknowledges there is something dark at work and its not just my imagination.
I have to say this is hard for me, as Im not a drama queen or an attention seeker and I dont talk about my business to strangers, but just have an overwhelming feeling I may find help here. I hope its not a mistake.

Just to briefly give a rough idea as its bad enough for me coming out with these things, I can see a thread of something dark that has touched every family member as far back as I know of, and who knows maybe it goes back even further.

I lay out a few of the things; murder, the suspected murder of a child, incest, rape, drugs, alcohol, mental illness, suicide, attempted and carried out, violence, certain family members being in fights resulting in them being stabbed, gun crime (I was held at gunpoint at the age of 5 for example), thieves, burglers and a back street abortionists.

there has always been a history of family members being drawn towards the paranormal, there has also been separate incidents of negative spirit activity, which goes in bursts, with years between each.

there are some dark people in my family, and I seem to be the one that has always been the focus of negativity from them.

On a spiritual level, I have had various incidences of negative spiritual energy, for instance, I used to wake in the night unable to move, pinned to the bed, I have had dreams of the devil that have been a forerunner to something happening, the first was I dreamt my house was on fire, as I tried to escape, the devil was in the kitchen, horns and all, and he grabbed me and said Your soul is mine, and I woke up, two days later, our house burnt down to the ground, the fire investigators never came up with how it started.

Anyway thats a brief outline, and I hope Im in the right place and havent totally embaressed myself.

thanks a lot.

Mo

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hey Mo,

You shouldn't feel embarrased. The way I see it, you're a kind soul stuck in a bad enviroment. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Hold your head high, as I'm sure many will begin to ask you a few questions. Try not to feel embarrased about your answers.

What are you expecting from us, in telling us your story?

Bigmoose

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oops no ones come forward with any ideas yet now I feel like Ive maybe come to the wrong place and embaressed myself for nothing. Oh dear.

I feel quite silly now. Oh well move on, time to put the kettle on...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by littlemopeep

Hey there 'Mo' and welcome to ATS.

As bigmoose said, don't be embarrassed *sp* by things that you have not instigated.

I am usually on ATS at some point most days ... but have been tied-up 'book editing' (don't ask)
for the last couple of weeks. Tonight I decided to give myself an hour off and come to ATS. First thing that drew me in was this thread.

WOW, Sounds like you've experienced and witnessed more than your fair share.

Ok, From the outline you give in your OP it certainly sounds like it's more than simple coincidence. But before I can offer any help/advice I need to ask a couple of questions. (if you'd rather reply privately instead of on here you can either u2u me - if you have enough points ... or email me at the address below);

[email protected]

1/ Do you have any idea when all this kind of thing started ? (earliest instance recalled - by older family members). Obviously this may not be the first instance but it is a starting point.

2/ Does it effect your mother's or father's side of the family ... or both ?

3/ Does it apply to direct family members only ... or does it include extended family ? (distant cousins etc)

4/ Does it seem to effect either female or male family members exclusively ... or is it pretty even and indiscriminate ?

5/ Does there seem to be specific age groups that are effected more than other's or not ?

6/ How old are you (teens / 20's / 30's etc) and how old were you when you became aware of the situation ?

7/ Can you give a detailed account of the most traumatic incident that has happened to you directly ?

I'm not asking these things out of morbid curiosity but if I have as many details as possible then I may be able to figure out the cause ... and more importantly the best plan of action to try and change the balance.

If I don't manage to get back to you tonight I will definately be back tomorrow. BTW this is the best place you could have come ... I'm sure ther will be others come forward with suggestions besides myself.

Woody

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Give it some time littlemopeep, half an hour is nothing in internetland
. Things will speed up soon enough. Can't help you with your problem though but good luck to you in that aspect.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey woodwytch

thanks for taking the time to reply, I sent you an email. The problem is so complicated it would be too long winded to explain. The earliest I know it goes back is the 1920's. It affects all my family members. I first became aware of a darkness when I was around 4 or 5.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Are you a believer in The Supreme, Jesus and Holy Spirit? I can give you advice on that side
If not i will still write here as i feel i must help where i can. Up to you the choice will be

Prayer. Accept The Supreme, acknowledge your sin. A great help if you do not know what to pray is Psalm 51, just read that out. Then read Eph 6:11-19, and do that with all the belief/faith you have at the time. Be clear on the following to that evil you are chasing, cutting off from you, in The Name of Jesus by the authority of The Supreme you command them to leave. Stubborn they can be but as you get stronger they get weaker.

This is something you need to do everyday to progress with faith. You shall open a personal relationship with The Supreme and will be carried by your Guardian Angels. It is a tough road and we all give in at times, the evil leaves no open door alone.

You need to cut all generational curses off, it is not a part of you. That has nothing to do with you when you chose, it must go it's way, away from you. The unfortunate thing of generational curses are that every individual needs to cut it from themselves and their children. You take responsibility for your kids or future children. Stop the curse/s now. You have authority over all that is evil in The Name of The Supreme. He has given you that authority, the one/s that oppress you spiritually knows this very well.

Blessed you are.

**If you seek outside help be sure to trust the people, be it a church or private. Anything they charge that does not make sense is for profit not for your well being.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
thanks to everyone for sharing their time. In answer to some of the questions, the earliest I know of things happening was the 1920's. it has affected all of my family members. Im 40. negative things occur to all family members regardless of gender, nastier things seem to happen to the women. And the most traumatic thing that has happened to me, is a difficult one, theres been a few and its hard to write about.

the reason I feel I need to try and sort this is that my brother is going through a major bad time and he needs my help.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
sorry mo,

i might have come across a little deep. see, i approached your questions from a therapist angle.

in other words, you came here and sort of indirectly asked for help. you're obviously uncomfortable about the subjects. And talking from experience as a counselor, before we can/should offer any help you spiritually it would be best if you could actually cope with this mentally.

I know what I'm saying sounds a little forward, and I know the spiritual answer might appear easier.

It's not my right to delve into this from this angle, so tell me to back off, and you'll never hear from me again. If you would like some help in private, I suggest visiting a counselor. They're there to help get a relaxed and confident perspective view.

no offence, please, but your view on the situation seems hasty, scared and worried. and no offence again, im sorry, but that's not the best position to be in to be making the deep dicisions which you are faced with.

It's the psychopherapists who work out if you're crazy..
hehe

bless up mo,
Bigmoose

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Bigmoose,

Thanks for the advice. Its appreciated.

Mo

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The bad stuff happening in your family for generations is not so much a "curse" in the mystical/ magical sense, but in the emotional and mental sense. You come from generations of people making bad, amybe even evil choices. That doesnt have to affect you. Yes, it can sadden you, depress you. You can inherent certain medical problems, including mental conditions. But you do not have to accept this as your future or your curse. You can seek help, like bigmoose has said. You can rise from the situation. It is not easy. I have been there, too. I have a similar family history, but perhaps not as horrible (im not sure, though). Believe me, you can be OK. Hang in there. You must first refuse to continue the trend, especially if you have kids or plan to at some time.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Maybe your right, maybe I'm reading too much into things. My problem is I think too much and try to find the reason behind everything. I feel everything must come from somewhere, including peoples actions.

Maybe there is no curse, like you say, only s*** loads of dodgy characters, doing dodgy things.

Thanks to all for the input.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Heres a little scientific look into generational curses.
Video is called Ghost in Your Genes

If you watch the whole thing some things become clearer about some of the mystical sayings...and it has huge implications.

Peace

dAlen

p.s.
This will mean thinking for yourself to make the connections - but they are there in plain site for those who are looking.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hey dAlen,

Just watched the vid you so kindly posted, it was facinating and has certainly given me much to ponder.

Thanks for giving your time.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hey there Mo,

I replied to your email earlier with the relevant details.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Woody

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey Mo...

I just saw your thread and thought I would add a little, althought it sounds like Woodwych knows her stuff and has it covered. I'm not an expert in this kind of situation, but I have had a little personal experience, so if you would like to talk about it off the boards, please U2U me, and I will get back to you. I also have a friend who is well qualified to deal with this kind of issue, if you need help of a more practical kind. Hopefully that won't be needed!

Blessings

Cait

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlemopeep
Hey dAlen,

Just watched the vid you so kindly posted, it was facinating and has certainly given me much to ponder.

Thanks for giving your time.

No problem - Im glad it was of interest.
It brought in a whole new concept of what generational curses mean after watching that...at least for me.

Something which is more practical and somewhat more real than a lot of the mysterious things you hear in churches (such like the charismatic churches, etc.)

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 27-6-2008 by dAlen]

top topics

join