It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Do you think Obama will pardon or commute all non-violent convicted criminals serving cell time (or from serving cell time)? Do you think he should? Why or why not?

Discuss.

I mean, wouldnt you hate to be locked up instead of pay a simple fine (or restitution) or be given some community service or be put under house arrest? You could be killed in lock up by the violent when you aint even on some violent tip. Even those ppl caught with guns, who didnt do anything violent, shouldnt be put in the cage. Hell, they prolly were trying to keep protected themselves against the possible violent out in the world. What's wrong with that? Just because you roll with an illegal concealed firearm don't mean you violent.

How many of you would actually hate it if Obama did pardon or commute the the non-violent convicts?

"I'm livin' life inside my jail cell! I might as well be livin' life inside a dirty hell! I cant tell!"--the Realest on the gang related sntrk called "Free em all".

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maybe Obama could pass a law so the states have to do something else besides give lock up time for all non-violent convicts.

No one with anything to say

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
Maybe Obama could pass a law so the states have to do something else besides give lock up time for all non-violent convicts.

No one with anything to say

I wish Hussein Obama would make that campaign promise!

A mass pardon to every non-violent criminal? The first one walking out won't clear the prison grounds before Articles of Impeachment are drawn up.

Yes the President has pardon powers...on an individual basis. A group of people without being named individually, and the actual crime being pardoned won't fly.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

You didn't specify as to what you consider a non-violent crime. I am guessing you are referring to the grean leafy thing as one of the non-violent crime things. That will never happen if that is the case - the govt would have to admit they were wrong and as we all know and firmly believe in, the govt is never ever wrong about anything.

new topics

top topics

join