It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro 2008 semi-final thriller hit by TV blackouts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Illuminati of Germany vs Jesuits of Spain. What alien will miss that kind of final ? Prepare for major power disruption, Earthlings!
By the way, if someone is interested for a win of certain side - i think i can help. So far every team that i wanted to win in this cup - lost in the games i watched. Since i have no real passion for both finalists, i will be glad to help ATS community and use my "luck" - or poor judgment - to further their respected interests.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Illuminati of Germany vs Jesuits of Spain

he he i liked your post

and ufo's betting on both teams using a little magic to get the germans in the final eih...

sorry to disrupt the viewers we just pulsed a 10gigawatt orgone energy magnetic bolt into the refferee to make him 101% german...

and we took out the transmission tower so that nobody saw the electrical red eyes and black glow he had for 10 minutes

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well ZK, you can put in a good word for Germany. I guess that means you'll cheer for Spain, right? Of course, if Germans lose the accusations are gonna fly. Don't jinx them...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It might have even been a deliberate ploy by the football/TV companies to draw more crowds to the television.

A psychological experiment designed to make you keep watching and build your hopes up that it doesn't happen again next time. To build up enthusiasm and news reports so that more people are drawn to a dwindling crowd of people who no longer wish to watch football on tv.

If it was a power glitch, were there any other channels or stations affected?
Why, if this was a solo case, did it happen worldwide on only one channel?

Was there an embedded message in the 'switch off' like the message from the film The Signal Or had someone finally stopped the transmitter tat appears in the film They Live.

Has anyone bothered to check the weather over said area at the time of this event?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
maybe something was in the sky and they had a black out so we could not see it ?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens were upset because they are the real PTB behind the event. But the people at the network have to cover it up, so they say it is sponsored by UEFA. The aliens are a little ticked by the whole UEFA thing because they wanted it to be called UFO, not UEFA. Hence, they sent their lightning strikes down to disrupt the coverage of the game, like in War of the Worlds. Then they realized that if no one could watch the game, they wouldn't get any money from the advertisements at the end of the game, so they turned the feed back on. Why do aliens need revenue from advertisements you ask? For plastic surgery of course. They need a foot replacement so that they can play the most popular game on the planet. Who knew that aliens had small feet? They know that if they get bigger feet they can dominate us at our own game. Especially when they have a better chance of heading the ball in with that big dome of theirs...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Interesting indeed!

Might be possible.

Anyway they said it was happening to other countries too, because they all watching through the same feed.

Basically what happened was the screen froze, a couple of times you could still hear. Then after a while they gave you the radio version to wait for it to come back.

And then when it came back you saw the picture but still had the radio audio lol. Then eventually it came back to the tv audio.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wow you guys must not have the internet ... (Ironic lol)

If there is a bad thunderstorm in the Netherlands i lose all access to any site that uses a server there as a "HOP" or point of redirect/forward.

It happens every year or so . I cant access any servers located in Sweden or Germany.
( I had a Seedbox in Sweden for a torrent site i ran)

But yeah if you ever cant access sites from a certain region . It could be as simple as one lone computer going down .
Like i said it don't happen often but i know it does happen .
And TV uses a similar system of relaying information . So don't be surprised if any international broadcast goes down or is of lower quality. I just has to go through more "hands" than it usually would. .

[edit on 27-6-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You guys are VERY far fetched with the ideas you are stating. There was a thunderstorm in the area (Austria -Vienna)... the official feed, which is sent all over Europe to other broadcasting stations, lost the power several times. There was another Austrian TV-feed supplier who did not loose the power and continued to shoot without any problems.

If you want to read about it;
www.edmontonsun.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Glorious sunshine was forecast for the whole day after a thunderstorm forced the evacuation of the fan zone on Wednesday during the first semi-final on Wednesday and another storm raged during the second semi-final on Thursday.

A second fan zone was also available in Vienna on Sunday, in the Hanappi stadium.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Maybe the ref turned into a reptile for a few mins like david icke suggests. They had to hold pictures until, he came back into his human form.

Both nazi countries in the final, whoaaa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join