It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quarter of adults to face 'anti-paedophile' tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

A quarter of adults to face 'anti-paedophile' tests

www.telegraph.co.uk

The launch of a new Government agency will see 11.3million people vetted for any criminal past before they are approved to have contact with children aged under 16.

......In one example, a woman could not kiss her daughter goodbye on a school trip because she had not been vetted.

In another, a mother was surprised to be told by another parent that she and her husband were "CRB checked" when their children played together.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
People,wake up already!
Anyone who has seen the movie "1984" has an idea of what a total governemnt controlled society looks like.
You now have to have a license to kiss your own child?
So,without the governments ok,you wouldnt be able to kiss your kid goodbye or anything?
I wonder how long before these laws find their way into America.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
George Carlin died Sunday.

No, I'm not derailing this thread. It matters. Carlin used to revel in the breakdown of society, and I am concerned that now I am doing the same thing.

As I read this article, I realized that total anarchy is not far off. A license to kiss your child? Preposterous! And a guarantee that I, along with many others, will become a criminal soon. All it takes is one law that is so obtrusive, so ridiculous, so asinine, that we cannot obey.

There is a saying that "no man is freer than he who has been convicted"... we may well become free very soon.

God help us.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I read the whole report, and all I can say is WHAT THE HELL!? WHAT??

It does not make any sense? lol

[edit on 26-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In the very near future, parents will be nothing more than vessels to produce more taxpayers to be used by the PTB. They move closer and closer to breaking that link between parent and child. This is scary for one great reason. Most serial killers and rapists and people with no concience are those that had no parental bonding when a child. These idiots are going to reap what they sow. A nation of unconcionable people with no reason to realy live, just accomodate the government edicts. True robots.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Firstly, for many jobs working with young people (amongst other things) there are already simple background checks and adding a criminal records database check should already be in place.

Secondly, why the hell does it need another Government agency - probably with a cushy salary for it's head and the obligatory City office - that requires additional taxpayer money?

I swear this government has expensive consultants dreaming up evermore ridiculous schemes that require more money to be taken from us. The result being a burgeoning state system issuing more and more edicts and jobs for the boys.

I wonder if they'll also have their own independent database and IT infrastructure, outsourced and exposing the millions of checked people to further ID theft and fraud, as well as costing the additional £Millions in setting it up.

Jeez, no wonder the buggers were so keen to disarm us.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i would like to know at what age do a boy and girl kissing etc become a pedophile..i started dating at the age of eleven am i a pedophile ?.. wont belong until you cant take pictures of your own kids birthday party's with out the government checking you out.....

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Even though this is from the UK, I find it interesting that the very governments most likely responsible for the lack of family values through economics, work ethics etc. is suddenly shifting the blame.

I haven't any doubt that some should not work near children is true, but to somehow license people to have their own children suggests a different type of system entirely. Childrens rights are important, but just who gets to decide?

Ox

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I truly DARE anyone.. To tell me that I cant kiss my son bye in the morning, or take my son to the park, that I have to pass some test before I can be the parent I am being.. I dare anyone who has the spauldings. Government, private citizen, law enforcement official. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

What world do we live in?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Firstly, for many jobs working with young people (amongst other things) there are already simple background checks and adding a criminal records database check should already be in place.

Secondly, why the hell does it need another Government agency - probably with a cushy salary for it's head and the obligatory City office - that requires additional taxpayer money?

I swear this government has expensive consultants dreaming up evermore ridiculous schemes that require more money to be taken from us. The result being a burgeoning state system issuing more and more edicts and jobs for the boys.

I wonder if they'll also have their own independent database and IT infrastructure, outsourced and exposing the millions of checked people to further ID theft and fraud, as well as costing the additional £Millions in setting it up.

Jeez, no wonder the buggers were so keen to disarm us.

when i was 22, i coached a girls softball team in a league in california, this was 33 years ago. i had no problems or concerns doing that nor did any parents or the players on the team (and we played in the title game!!!, but lost). however last year i was asked to coach again by one of the former players, who now had a child of her own and wanted to play baseball. i turned her down because here you not only get a police backround check (which is fine by me) but also you have to pay for insurance in case there is any lawsuit brought against you for this type of behavior. this has already happened in this area, and even though the coach was found innocent because the girl had made it up, (she was mad at the coach for not playing her enough), he still suffers from being suspected of being a kid toucher. i will not volunteer for any kids activity, it is just not worth the hassle.

top topics

join