It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbology & Secret Societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Would love some thoughts on this. I do not mean the film itself but the whole idea of symbology and the link to secret societies. I mean do people really think that there is a link to these symbols and the societies? I have certain thoughts on this topic but I am sure there must be some people on here with some great knowledge, wether it be for or against the idea. It does seem odd to me that people in high places throughout the world are making the same hand gestures in a strangely smug way.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tarot1984

Human beings are composite creatures. Within each person, there is an ecology of systems and intelligences that could be referred to as "principalities". Immune system, cardiovascular system, limbic system, etc.. They all compete for resources within the body, and they all "reason" in their own way.

The human mind is where the various systems are united into a virtual unity, and our conscious mind is an interface between the world "out there" and the world "in here". The conscious mind in modern humans is unduly occupied with the simulated self, or self-image. Left unchecked, th conscious mind will run our species into the ground.

Fortunately, the conscious self is little more than a figurehead in the kingdom of mind. The busy work of integrating and coordinating human behavior on the planet towards mastering energy and the eventual diaspora into space is left to intelligences that hide beneath the surface of the conscious mind. The intelligence beneath the conscious mind understands and uses symbols in a way that the vast majority of people do not fully understand. Include me in the vast majority.

What is clear is that systems are embedded in larger systems, which are in turn embedded in even larger systems. In fact, it's turtles all the way down.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tarot1984

There is no symbolism here. Its a movie made by someone who is extremely paranoid and desperately looking for patterns to explain the complex world he or she sees outside.

Politicians are photographed probably millions of times in the course of their careers. They are endlessly photographed while walking, talking, doing anything - when you take that many photos you will find similarities, but not because there is something behind it. When we make gestures our hands go through all sorts of contortions that we really don't see because were not photographed so often - and when caught in mid-gesture, things like this appear.

join