It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Tried to Silence EPA Proposal on Car Emissions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

White House Tried to Silence EPA Proposal on Car Emissions

www.washingtonpost.com

White House officials last December sought to stop the Environmental Protection Agency from submitting a proposed rule that would limit greenhouse-gas emissions on the grounds they pose a threat to public welfare, agency sources said yesterday. And upon learning that EPA had hit the "send" button just minutes earlier, the White House called again to demand that the e-mail be recalled.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
To begin I would just like to point this out to all the people who claim Bush, and the government, is trying to spread the "myth" of global warming and climate change. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Bush Co is all about covering up any dam,age done to this planet by the 'fire of industry'.

This is also a very profound move and statement that if allowed to pass will set a very strong president in the field of sustainability, conservation, and adapting human systems to natural systems.

Regardless of weather or not 'green house gas' emissions are causing climate change it is unquestionable that they are degrading the Earth's natural systems and thus the Earth's overall health and stability.

It will be very interesting to see how t his plays out.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Man, this is disgusting.

The administration has about as much foresight as a myopic bat!

What fools we have trying to govern us.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Eh, they are not even trying to govern, just keep us down and simple to manage. Manage like farmers manage cattle, or sheep.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted at 7:05 AM this morning.

Hey mods why are you allowing multiple threads?

Animal I really don't care but when I post a thread that's a duplicate, its yanked almost immediately.

I am beginning to suspect bias on the part of the mods for this.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I highly doubt it is bias, the mods often yank mine pretty quick as well. They are probably just busy, online in in real life. I would not sweat it. I will join the conversation in your thread!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well they moved mine to Above Politics pretty quick.

And I posted yesterday.

top topics

join