It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Space Documentary Video…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The sun as we know is the nourished and bringer of all life on Earth but it will not always be this way. Someday the Sun will expand in its age and engulf the Earth causing us to eventually leave our world and colonize others….

This documentary is very interesting and its made by the BBC so that in itself should say something
I enjoyed it…and I figured why not share with the community!

tvshack.net...

So after watching the video (or not) what are your thoughts about us eventually leaving the Earth to colonize other planets (assuming of course we don’t end up killing ourselves.) or do you even care…since this event is due to occur in the far far future.

Best Regards,

Richie

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wow I've been looking for another site like that. Thanks a lot!

I'll be watching this docu tonight after dinner.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Seeing thta the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old, and the sun won't become a threat to the Earth for another one billion years, I don't think humans need to worry...there won't be humans around then anyway. Modern Humans have only been around about 250,000 years, which is less than a fraction of blink of an eye when compared to the age of the Earth and the timescales we are talking about (for instance, 1 billion years ago was even way, way before dinosaurs existed).

That's not to say there will not be another intelligent species Earth that will need to worry about this (maybe whatever species humans will eveolve into). But even if they can get off Earth and to another solar system, they would still need to worry about THAT star destroying their world in the next billion years.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Seeing thta the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old, and the sun won't become a threat to the Earth for another one billion years, I don't think humans need to worry...there won't be humans around then anyway. Modern Humans have only been around about 250,000 years, which is less than a fraction of blink of an eye when compared to the age of the Earth and the timescales we are talking about (for instance, 1 billion years ago was even way, way before dinosaurs existed).

That's not to say there will not be another intelligent species Earth that will need to worry about this (maybe whatever species humans will eveolve into). But even if they can get off Earth and to another solar system, they would still need to worry about THAT star destroying their world in the next billion years.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

I suppose at that point we would be able to move planets around to different solar systems.... lol hey if the Deathstar could be moved aroun the Galaxy why not a planet

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
Wow I've been looking for another site like that. Thanks a lot!

I'll be watching this docu tonight after dinner.

Your welcomed I suppose, there are other great documentaries aswell on the website! Enjoy!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Naw, humans will still be around but by then but we'll look sorta like this...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well the Earth will be around in a billion years but will mankind?

By that time we will have done one of several things either blown ourselves up or poluted ourselves into extinction. Or some kind of pandemic wipes us out, Maybe even a meteorite strike like that dinos.

OR...

We could have by then gotten our act together and started living peacefully and colonized space in earnest first the moon then onto Mars and so on. Leaving Earth to herself so she can heal after the mess we made out of her, in which case we made it.

Or we could have evolved into some other type of bieng. A billion years is a long ways off.

Good post

SLAY

new topics

top topics

join