It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be a Fool Like Me - Bring a Passport!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Since I don't have a blog Ill share this here. For those thinkin' about going to Canada from the US, you need a passport.

Tuesday -

Me: "Mum, Dad, I need ya'll to send me my passport so I can go to Canada this Saturday."

Dad: "No you don't need a passport to go to Canada, call customs and ask."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Me: "Hey what do I need to get into Canada"

Customs Lady: "A photo ID or a birth certificate."

Me: "Cool, thanks."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday 5:00am

Check in counter guy: "Where are you going today sir?"

Me: "Edmonton, Alberta, Canada"

Check in counter guy: "Can I see your passport?"

Me: "It's in South Carolina."

Check in counter guy: "You need a passport to go to Canada."

Me: "Thats not what the customs lady said."

Check in counter guy: "Oh, you don't need it to DRIVE over, but you need it to fly. Ever since 9/11."

Me: "#. Thank you, but #."

Ok fellow travelers, a word to the wise. Even though Canadian customs will tell you you don't need it. Even though the US customs website will tell you you don't need it. You need a passport. So now I'm booked to fly out on Tuesday, but let's just say there are some pissed off people in Edmonton, let alone the pissed off person in State College, Pennsylvania. All I got is the dumb biatch I was supposed to visit telling me I should have known, it's all my fault. Im an idiot, blah blah blah. I'm having second thoughts about going after she does this to me. But the money has been put down. Even if the bitch doesn't treat me right, I'ma have a good time regardless. Spring Break has been great so far.:shk:

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by insite]

new topics

join