It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and McCain serve Israel, not the American people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Please watch the documentary movie prior to responding to this thread

The documentary movie sheds lights on how influential the US lobby is in America. High placed American and Jewish individuals give their opinions, and can be watched:

link to documentary

or

The documentary itself and the comments of the documentary site confirm how liberal the US actually is:

This is a well made film. Due to the influence of the lobby, this film could not be filmed by the United States but rather by a news station in the Netherlands. The topic of Israeli influence in the United States is one which faces incredible censorship whenever there is an attempt to discuss it. At the heart of this matter is AIPAC a powerful organization who influences US policy. The Israeli Lobby influence is so strong in both parties that relationship between the US and Israel will probably not change regardless of whether republicans or democrats are elected. If you want to understand U.S. policy in the middle east, you first should understand AIPAC.

After two terms Bush, the American people have once again made a very big mistake by not choosing Ron Paul, but Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton or John McCain.

AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) is one, if not the, most influential pro Israel lobby organization. They control America's (foreign) policy, they put extreme amounts of pressure on politicians to make them serve Israeli interests over American interests. Obama attends their meetings regularly.

It goes further, people opposing Israel's interest are publically being characterized by the lobby as anti-Semites like they did to Ron Paul and scholars John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt.

Israel has since World War II received over 140 billion Dollar in military and financial aid from the US. They furthermore give Israel access to intelligence it denies to its Nato allies and has turned a blind eye to Israel’s acquisition of nuclear weapons.

Washington also provides Israel with consistent diplomatic support. Since 1982, the US has vetoed 32 Security Council resolutions critical of Israel, more than the total number of vetoes cast by all the other Security Council members. It blocks the efforts of Arab states to put Israel’s nuclear arsenal on the IAEA’s agenda.

Obama is not gonna make a change. He is going to listen to orders coming indirectly through the Israeli lobby. Money that could be spend to serve American interests is spend to serve Israeli interests.

Furthermore, the US is going to be dragged into a war with Iran as it has turned out Israel does not have the capability of striking Iran solely. source.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Obama serves Israel? Are you kidding? Try reading THIS article about the CURRENT adminsitration before you push the Obama Panic Button. This horse is already WAAAYYY out of the barn.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Can't you read? Watch the documentary movie before your respond, because you have no clue obviously.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Woa Dude. Can't I read?? What's up with the persoanl attrack? Of course I can read. Can you write? Your thread title singles out Obama but the body of your thread clearly shows that the problem is widespread and has nothing to do with Obama, per se. You can research my threads and posts and clearly see that I am and have been a staunch Ron Paul supporter from the get-go. Maybe you should edit your thread title.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

No intentions to offend you, please accept my apologies if you feel so.
However, if you would actually watch the documentary movie you would understand how much this has to do with Obama.

The Israeli lobby has so much influence on America's foreign policy that it greatly harms the interest of the American people.

Obama and his campaign team try to position him as the leader who will bring change. Meanwhile he has ties to the Bilderberg group and to the Israeli lobby.

Please elaborate what kind of change that is gonna bring forward.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Very good documentary…but then again we are not supposed to talk about it. Specially me here in Germany.
Thank you for sharing.

Kacou

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

With all due respect Sir, you might want to change the tread title to "Obama and McCain both serves Israel, not the American people" or something similar.

As it stands, it just sounds like the regular Obama bashing.

Edit: Apart from that little detail, good find!

Peace

g

[edit on 26/6/08 by gekko]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gekko

I wholeheartedly agree. It should be that, and if Mdv2 permits I will change the thread title.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow. A very good but not in the least bit revelatory documentary. It's kinda like a huge DUH! Not meaninging to take away from it's veracity or importance. It is absolutely the 'elephant in the living room'.

I'm glad the thread title has been changed but still question the OP's original intent. This was not about Obama or McCain or any political persona. It's about the general state of our government. Most particularly our CURRENT government.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
but still question the OP's original intent. This was not about Obama or McCain or any political persona. It's about the general state of our government. Most particularly our CURRENT government.

Why would you? They all promise to bring change but as you can see in the documentary movie, they go to meetings of the Israeli lobby. Since their lobby greatly influences America's foreign policy, no change is gonna come soon.

Instead, you will be sucked into another war as Israel feels they have to destroy Iran to maintain a supremacy position in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

U.S. Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin told the pro-Israel lobby AIPAC on Tuesday that she would "work to expand and deepen the strategic partnership between U.S. and Israel," the group's spokesman told the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday

Source

Evidence of nervousness in the McCain campaign about Palin’s impact on Jewish voters and donors was made clear when the Likudist Republican Jewish Coalition circulated a video of her Alaska office in which it found a small Israeli flag, in the words of Politico, “poking out from behind a drape.”

“I think it speaks volumes that she keeps an Israeli flag on the wall of her office,” RJC’s executive director, Matt Brooks, told Politico in an e-mail. “It clearly shows what’s in her heart.” Politico’s analysis is well worth reading. As I noted Friday, a Nexis search of the two years previous to her selection as McCain’s running-mate failed to find a single published article in which Palin ever mentioned Israel. I suspect it may make it into her acceptance speech Wednesday night.

Only days after she was appointed she has already paid a visit to AIPAC. She keeps an Israeli flag on the wall of her office. I can imagine she'd have an American flag on her wall, but unless you are a zealot or have ties with Israel, it sounds really weird to me to have an Israeli flag on your wall.

Americans are so smart to think McCain will bring change. The Israeli lobby controls America and decides how its foreign policy looks like.

America is a sinking ship and only if Ron Paul would have had a fair chance, things could have really started to change. Now... nothing will change.

At least Americans can say they have brought the greatest possible sacrifice to the chosen people.

Ironic right? Only days after she got appointed she's already visited AIPAC. Americans are so smart to think that

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Why Bush Will Pardon AIPAC for Espionage

by Grant F. Smith / August 23rd, 2008

In 2005, Col. Lawrence Franklin was indicted alongside two executives of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) for allegedly violating the 1917 Espionage Act. Franklin later pled guilty to passing AIPAC a classified presidential directive and other secrets concerning America's Iran policy. AIPAC then allegedly forwarded the highly sensitive information to Israeli government officials and selected members of Washington's media establishment. This covert leaking appears to be just one of many AIPAC programs designed to encourage tougher U.S. policies toward Iran, from financial boycotts to naval blockades and possibly even military strikes.

It hasn't worked out very well for Franklin. He was sentenced to 12 years in prison. Curiously, Franklin remains free pending the outcome of the repeatedly postponed criminal trial against AIPAC's Steven Rosen and Keith Weissman. On Oct. 28, 2008, the prosecution is scheduled to appeal the ruling judge's order that it prove the alleged leaks harmed the United States. This is a far tougher standard of proof than the Espionage Act actually requires. Nevertheless, observers and critics hope the trial will provide insight into Middle East policy formulation — but there is diminished reason for this hope. A passel of musty documents from an earlier, long-secret Department of Justice attempt to hold the Israel lobby accountable was declassified on June 10, 2008. The files reveal that stalling tactics — and most critically, regime change in Washington — provide ample opportunity for the Israel lobby to subvert due process.

Continues here

Being used as a victim of parasitism to the fullest. Sometimes people say Israel is the 51st state of America, but I think America is becoming a mere puppet state of Israel instead.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Change right?

[url=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/senator-biden-wrong-aipac-does/story.aspx?guid=[A688FA1D-F2F2-4DBE-816D-AF9605327589]&dist=hppr]Source[/url ]

WASHINGTON, Sep 05, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden publicly chastised the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on Wednesday. Accused of not backing AIPAC sponsored legislation, Biden told reporters, "They think they know the Senate better than I do. They don't know the Senate better than I do...AIPAC does not speak for the State of Israel."

The outspoken Senator Biden, often compared to president John F. Kennedy, is wrong. Newly declassified documents reveal that before his death, JFK's most pressing concerns were registering the Israel lobby as foreign government agents and inspections of the Israeli nuclear weapons program.

..snip..

Senator J.W. Fulbright and Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy discovered the same Israeli organization funneled millions for stealth lobbying and public relations activities into the US. This lobbying for massive foreign aid to Israel succeeded despite lack of broad American taxpayer support. The US Attorney General ordered the Israel lobby to register as the agent of a foreign government in 1962.

Observers of the Biden-AIPAC showdown can review select declassified documents from the new book, "America's Defense Line: The Justice Department's Battle to Register the Israel Lobby as Agents of a Foreign Government" at irmep.org... AIPAC, the current regeneration of the Israel lobby, still refuses to register.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well,
I have no problems with the state of Israel what so ever so it doesn't bother me that they lobby and make other overtures in our politics. If I was in the position of hearing another country call for the 'wiping off the planet' of my country, I would be hard at lobbying too lol to say the least.
You know, in my opinion, if Israel was the evil baddy so many make it out to be, I wonder why they didn't ride on into Cairo after that ass whoopin' they handed them uh, twice lol.
Good day too ya'!
Vance

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Well,
I have no problems with the state of Israel what so ever so it doesn't bother me that they lobby and make other overtures in our politics. If I was in the position of hearing another country call for the 'wiping off the planet' of my country, I would be hard at lobbying too lol to say the least.
You know, in my opinion, if Israel was the evil baddy so many make it out to be, I wonder why they didn't ride on into Cairo after that ass whoopin' they handed them uh, twice lol.
Good day too ya'!
Vance

Unlike you, many people do actually find it a problem that the US foreign policy is so heavily influenced by Israel. The reason being that as a consequence America doesn't do what is good for its people, but it does what is stressed for by Israel.

As a result, American tax payers pay hundreds of billions of Dollars in foreign aid to the state of Israel. These people prefer this money to be spent at home where it is needed badly.

However, individual interests and bribing can make a huge difference to the well-being of the people.

Offtopic: I am not insinuating that Israel should not get any support. I do think that Israel needs support and its people deserve a place to live. However, that doesn't justify the points described above; a government should serve its people, not the people of another country.

new topics

top topics

join