It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon images Jaxa KAGUYA mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Firstly i'm not sure where to put this post so feal free to advise me!

I've just been browsing the Jaxa website and there seem to be some new pictures and info there (at least there new to me and i havn't seen them here!), i've only just found them so havn't really had a chance to take them all in but thought the best place to get feedback and analysis of them would obviosuly be here!

Links to some images:

Around Aristarchus

Around Von Neumann

Around Pythagoras

Northwest edge of South Pole-Aitken

The above are just a few images from the many more to be found here along with a whole host of other info i dont fully understand!

KAGUYA image gallery

There is also a site dedicated to the hdtv videos they are taking (the ones i have seen so far dont seem to be very HD in my opinion(:

Videos

I know there's a huge interest in everything moon related here so dig away and keep us informed.

Good luck and happy hunting.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by ioweagle]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by ioweagle] I really should proof read the whole post properly

[edit on 26-6-2008 by ioweagle]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The moon is very unusual looking isn't it? No wonder people think something suspect is going on up there...its many peoples general reaction to everything foriegn and different.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The usual LOW RES images of the moon. Why can't we get in your face clear images. I'm sure the people in power have some (the elite few ) have seen some great mind blowing pictures that will never see.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Has anyone ever noticed anything in jaxas images?

Such as structures, pyramids, things out of the ordinary?

So far..its only nasa.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

The images come from Kaguya-Selene HDTV:
they are basically screenshots from a device that is created to capture videos: what we would be interesting are the TC (terrain camera) images.

In according to this email that i've received from
Shin-ichi Sobue, Ph.D, from Satellite Programs and Planning Department (SPPD) of National Space Development Agency of Japan.

My email in box

from Shin-ichi Sobue
to Internos
>
date 30-nov-2007 5.15 (GMT+ 1)
Subject Re: [SEL_HP:00688] Concerning the KAGUYA Mission

Dear [
],
Thank you for your message. About KAGUYA product, we plan to open all KAGUYA
products one year after the end of nominal operation (two year after the
launch). Before that,
we only posted sample images visualized from KAGUYA products on the Web
because
we have to protect our mission instrument teams right to study in prior
to other scientists (first author right)

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards,
Shin-ichi Sobue

they will release all the products intended to be released to the public within one year, maybe something more.

For example, THIS is an image from Kaguya - Selene TC:
in order to appreciate the actual quality of the resolution of the images coming from Jaxa, we would need to make some comparisons between the highest resolution images available before KS mission (Clementine) and KS ones themselves, or alternatively, we can make some empyrical evaluations of their resolution:
anyway, this

is the best camera ever sent to orbit the moon so far (i mean by the res view).
TC has two telescopes with one-dimensional detectors looking at forward and backward directions, respectively: its resolution is TEN meters x pixel.
The next nasa mission to the Moon is supposed to bring to us the first sub meter images ever taken of the Moon.

[edit on 26/6/2008 by internos]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Well i suppose we have a bit of waiting to do until we can get any true idea of what it is actually like up there then!

The image you linked to is a 3d image taken from the terrain cam made up from 2 seperate images, do you think this represents the final quality of image we will recieve or will there be images more akin to this Mars Rover but in a much higher definition?

I was hoping we would be getting near perfect images of the moons surface to chew on!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ioweagle

Well i suppose we have a bit of waiting to do until we can get any true idea of what it is actually like up there then!

The image you linked to is a 3d image taken from the terrain cam made up from 2 seperate images, do you think this represents the final quality of image we will recieve or will there be images more akin to this Mars Rover but in a much higher definition?

I was hoping we would be getting near perfect images of the moons surface to chew on!

NO, i don't think this is the final quality, and only Kaguya - Selene experts could really answer to your question:
anyway, the images that you have posted in the OP were and are screenshots of HDTV and they have nothing to do with the current resolution available, which is the TERRAIN CAMERA and that produced the image that ive posted earlier. Mars rovers imagering has nothing to do with an orbital imageering system, especially if you try to compare Mars and the Moon, which have totally different environment, which affect the result of a photo.
The image linked by me is NOT a cgi: that is the result of two counter-positioned cameras: it can't be compared neither with Rovers nor with ESA 3d images of Mars, or stuff like that; rovers images are close up shots, ESA 3D images are CGI, that is neither the first nor the second one.
Hope this helps.

[edit on 26/6/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

I did not see anything spectacular yet, but I didn't go trough all the pictures in detail. It takes the discussion about whether US went to the moon or not to an other level. If you see the comparison between Jaxa and the shots taken by the astronauts (appolo 17), it seems proven they were there.

I doubt whether the final release of all material and conclusions of japasnese scientist is going to tell us anything about the claims (made by austronauts themselves) there was (visual) contact on the moon between astronauts and alien lifeforms or ancient buildings, but maybe I'll be surprised!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

'we have to protect our mission instrument teams right to study in prior
to other scientists (first author right).'

Best regards,
Shin-ichi Sobue

Excuse me? Am I mistaken, or did the taxpayers of Japan pay for this mission? Do they have access to these pictures? No!

This is terrible! instead of releasing raw, uncensored data images, the JAXA scientists with twisted ideas of copyright and entitlement are probably omitting, obsfucating, or photoshopping certain areas...
They will do a good job at that, they will not be releasing data any time soon... if ever.

This is NASA all over again... Is there anyone from Japan viewing this post? What's going on with JAXA? Has there been any issues raised in Japan concerning this withholding of data?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Great work, as always Internos!!

For naysayers....do you REALLY think that HDTV pictures are going to be 'airbrushed' before being released to the public forums?

Well, we will just have to wait and see.....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Best regards,
Shin-ichi Sobue

Excuse me? Am I mistaken, or did the taxpayers of Japan pay for this mission? Do they have access to these pictures? No!

This is terrible! instead of releasing raw, uncensored data images, the JAXA scientists with twisted ideas of copyright and entitlement are probably omitting, obsfucating, or photoshopping certain areas...
They will do a good job at that, they will not be releasing data any time soon... if ever.

This is NASA all over again... Is there anyone from Japan viewing this post? What's going on with JAXA? Has there been any issues raised in Japan concerning this withholding of data?

Hi star in a jar

The areas that you see underlined in yellow are the ones which samples have not yet been released,

so far they did release samples coming from:

• Multibander imager
  • Spectral profiler
  • Terrain camera
  • Lunar radar sounder
  • Laser altimeter
  • Hight definition television
  • Lunar magnetometer
  • Plasma energy angle and composition experiment
  • Four way Doppler measurements by Relay satellite and Main Orbiter transponder
  • Differential VLBI radio source

They haven't released yet data coming from:

• X-Ray spectrometer
  • Gamma Ray spectrometer
  • Charged particle spectrometer
  • Radio science
  • Upper-atmosphere and Plasma lmager

i mean, they don't seem to withold their stuff beyond what is normal to expect in a situation like the present one: they are just proving that mission is achieving its targets. We are in presence of a RACE, thay have many reasons to decide what to share what to don't, also in the interest of Japanese taxpayers themselves too, IMHO

In the race are fully envolved USA, China, India and Russia, and more countries are extremely interested in the Moon: more than call it copyright i would call it as Shin-ichi Sobue called it:
they actually have to protect their mission instrument teams right to study in prior to other scientists: i don't see why they should share with everyone data that they have the chance to know for first, especially because Japan, and not other countries, payed for that: .
I absolutely understand your take on it, and i hope that you will believe me if i tell you that i'm not happy for it, but this is a classic scenario of an ongoing race. We'll see what stuff will be released from Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and LCROSS before NASA scientists will take a look at it
Another important facet is that imageering is only a small part of the whole Kaguya-Selene mission, i'd say that it is not one of the most important (for LRO it will be important, since LRO will provide the first submetric resolution images of the Moon, something never seen before).
I think that many scientists would be way more interested in seeing all the Lunar Radar Sounder data than all TC images

In their faq page they did put it in different words, but the substance is the same:

What is the data release plan for KAGUYA?
One year after the end of the nominal operation phase (about two years after the launch), all KAGUYA products will be opened for public access online. During this one year data study period for instrument teams’ data research and validation / verification, sample data will be posted on the homepage for public outreach.

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

I have no clue what percentage of data they will share, though, but perhaps it's just a matter of time and all their stuff will be available, i honestly don't know.

For a more detailed overview of Kaguya Selene equipment, you can take a look here and
here:
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...
www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Great work, as always Internos!!

For naysayers....do you REALLY think that HDTV pictures are going to be 'airbrushed' before being released to the public forums?

Well, we will just have to wait and see.....

Hi, weedwhacker, and thanks

I can tell in all honesty that i have not a single reason to believe that the people at Jaxa is going to spend next one-two years using Photoshop: they have many more interesting toys to work on
Honestly, i would be a liar if i'd claim that i believe they are hiding anything.
But i could be completely wrong, it's just my opinion, and it's just as good as the one of everyone else

[edit on 20/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

LOL. Terran people are simply not ready for the truth. They can't handle it and all its implications.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
KAGUYA is no more..

KAGUYA was descended to the 50km altitude from February 1, 2009 and then was descended again to 10-30km in Lower altitude (Perilune)
from April 16, 2009. Finally, KAGUYA was impacted to the south-east of near side of the Moon on June 10, 2009 (GMT).

Impact location
ENear side, E80.4, S65.5

www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I can tell in all honesty that i have not a single reason to believe that the people at Jaxa is going to spend next one-two years using Photoshop: they have many more interesting toys to work on

I agree

Why spend time photoshopping a plastic model?

Well... that is what it looks like... in my opinion

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Actually, JAXA work together with NASA when they relay images from the moon orbiter to earth.
Lunar exploration timeline, next up is the LRO, 17 june 2009.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Best regards,
Shin-ichi Sobue

Here we go same old BS statements THEY'LL BE HIDING THINGS
Have you ever actually considered there is f*** all to hide?
If I was a scientist on this mission I would do the same give yourself time to look through the data so no one elese can claim the credit! THEY ARE QUITE RIGHT!
Even at 10mtr / pixel a lander will be less than a pixel across but we will see all of John Lears famous factories,bridges, tanks etc well we wont because they dont exisit!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Have you ever actually considered there is f*** all to hide?

I would consider that...

IF the Chinese Chang_E 1 would have shown us... as the skeptics shouted before the mission. But they showed us one picture that was 'doctored' and exposed as such all over the net in just 6 hours

IF the Japanese didn't tell us that we would have to wait TWO YEARS for the images and what they have shown so far looks like CGI

IF India's Chandrayaan 1 misson had showed us something but after a few low res images, and telling us they took over 40,000 high res images they too fell silent...

Well LRO is up next...

If I was a scientist on this mission

Which you are not...

Even at 10mtr / pixel a lander will be less than a pixel across but we will see all of John Lears famous factories,bridges, tanks etc well we wont because they dont exisit!

Still waiting... I am patient

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: internos Hi I am impressed by your post! I look over lunar orbiter shots as a hobby and I have this one photo that I am studying.

It came from one of those moon anomalies websites. I want to find out if it was a JAXA or NASA shot and any ID number. I emailed the webmaster but no reply. (I think its a JAXA photo)

Anyways the reason why I would like this info is to find out the scale of the photo so I know what I am looking at. This photo is shot pretty low its not like 200km above like some other photos.

I would post the picture here but I am still reading the help files on how to do this.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
JollyNJ

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jollynjIn the grey bar above you will find a white circle with a arrow pointing down. Click it.

On the new bar displayed you will see a grey cloud with a up arrow on it, click it.

That will display the upload page where you can manage and upload your photos. And, can get the link for posting.

top topics

join