It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
Hey ArMap have you talked to admins about getting this list you have worked very well to maintain over the years maybe added as a button in the forum layout, or somewhere on the main toolbar??

I haven't, but now I am going to present your idea.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is a great idea! I am Brazilian, so I can definitely do Brazilian Portuguese to English. I work as a translator (English to Brazilian Portuguese), so it shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Scramjet76

Nice idea, but some governmental agencies have been translating and studying ET/Alien languages for decades. And the military's push to implant soldiers with chips for "synthetic telepathy" isn't aimed at just listening in on an Earthly "enemy."

After Roswell, President Eisenhower created the Defense Intelligence Agency, primarily to collect Intel and study the ET conundrum - mainly by opening and maintaining lines of communication. And that naturally included learning their languages.

www.dia.mil...
EISENHOWER'S JOINT STUDY GROUP LEADS TO CREATION OF DIA

(You'll only read about the necessity for better "foreign intelligence" in this article, but trust me, they meant "seriously foreign extra-terrestrial intelligence". DIA is military, and today "uses all-source defense intelligence to prevent strategic surprise". Like ... Roswell?)

www.dia.mil...
DIA'S ELECTRONIC 'READING ROOM' FOR ALREADY-RELEASED FOIA DOCUMENTS
Scroll down their list to "Other," and check out their 'Documentation containing information related to Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), Part 1 and 2'.

Part one is basically a joke, over-copied black dots that were once documents. But Part 2 has some interesting information, including foreign UFO sightings and crashed ET-craft. Some data still blacked out, may also contain disinfo (look for especially crisp lettering that seems newer than the doc's date). I still recommend checking out:

Page 6: Memo that seems to hint that the Russians got to the moon before our Apollo Program. (May contain some disinfo, like last paragraph I don't remember reading before. First page follows, and tries to attribute source to ... a Japanese official.)

Page 14: An early memo reporting "balls of fire" (or intelligently-directed firey orbs we see all the time now) from Pakistan and others in 1974.

Page 20: Memo on "Booms, Bangs and Balls of Fire" in Canada in 1978.

Page 103: Memo wondering if 1966 crash-debris can be investigated for "English writing or lettering."

(NOTE: If nothing else, this proves how interested our military - and foreign governments - were and are about UFOs as ET-Craft.)
edit on 11-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is anyone familiar with the controversial CARET Program in a Palo Alto (California) Laboratory?

www.theobjectreport.com...
CARET (Commercial Applications Research for Extraterrestrial Technology)
Q4 -1986 RESEARCH REPORT
(Their mission is to work with "ET Artifacts" to provide "extractions" capable of patenting. See sample of alien writing on the 'Artifact' on Page 8.)

droneteam.com...
(PAGE FROM) PALO ALTO CARET LABORATORY - "LINGUISTIC ANALYSIS PRIMER"
(As far as I can tell, this one page of CARET's "Linquistic Analysis Primer" is all the public has access to. If someone finds the entire Primer, please post!)

Another idea - possibly suggested thru the CARET laboratory - is that it may be more productive to first study alien writing on Alien Artifacts, to get a shortcut to decoding an alien language thru simple instructions and/or definitions.

www.atlantisquest.com...
THE ALPHABET OF THE ATLANTEANS - ANCIENT EVIDENCE
"The Phoenicians gained the reputation of inventing a form of writing, which they merely received." (Tacitus)

"Men tell us ... that the Phoenicians were not the first to make the discovery of letters; but they did no more than change the form of the letters; whereupon the majority of mankind made use of the way of writing them as the Phoenicians devised." (Diodorus Siculus)

SITES WITH POSSIBLE "ET/ALIEN WRITING"
ufocon.blogspot.com...
www.ufomystic.co...
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

That's an interesting subject, but not really the topic of this thread, I suggest you start a new one with the information you posted here.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Sorry, I thought that what I posted was very relevant: ET/Alien Linguistics. (?)

If you were giving me a "warning," I will abandon this discussion right now. If you are determined to remove my last post, let me know and I'll remove it myself.

I really thought I was contributing "on topic." Sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's not the first time people interpret the thread's title like that, but as you can read on the opening post, this is about translation of UFO/Alien cases for which there aren't any videos/documents in English, it's not about possible Alien languages.

And no, it was not a warning, I was just pointing to the real topic.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Damn man. Like ArMaP said, that'd be a good thread to make.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It's ok. This thread is about UFO/alien cases that are in different languages other than English. This thread is calling for volunteers to translate them into English.

But man your post is worthy of a thread on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Thanks for the suggestion and support. I now have a discussion in this forum on my topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"The Mystery of Extraterrestrial Technology, CARET and ET Linquistics"

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm a translation student, aiming for an M.A. in English > French translation. I can do the reverse as well.

Translating isn't as easy as people think, which is why there's actually university programs for it. I'm only half-trained, but I'd be willing to donate a few hours each month.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Aliens are definitely real and are visiting earth now as we speak. My opinion, they will allow half our population to be wiped out.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This would an awesome tool.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Hi
I can translate from Spanish(Castillian),Italian and Romanian. Both oral and written skills. I am very eloquent in all 3 of them. Would gladly offer my help with any kind of videos.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
ArMap, do you ever have luck finding any more videos from other countries with UFO reports anymore?? man its like right around after the mid 2000's , it has just become harder for me to even find them. I use to have a great resource that linked to hundreds of different national newspapers that also had websites from at least 60-70 different countries on every continent.

There used to be plenty of it coming out of Mexico and South America until the cartels and Isis started taking all the screen time. I just honestly can not find much anymore when searching through google and not having that resource I use to have.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Yes, it looks like the interest has faded a little, but that may be a good thing, maybe the fakers will move on to other topics.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Great idea! It will be especially interesting to see direct translations from a lot of the Russian reports. Considering they are the ones who are most open about world wide disclosure.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow. Good info, and well explained. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree there needs to be translation on a lot of stuff I come across because not linguistic.
Don't share or give out any more information on UFO's. I'm getting rid of all my data and evidence of any of it. No longer want to share and think others should not share either. You no longer government need to lie to me or hold me a prisoner. You no longer will have actual alien to cut into because I'm getting rid of it. You will just call it another life form to dissec, humans are the monster. I am not longer accepting my human genes only my aliens and seeing humans as my enemy. Give my freedom and it might change. For now you have declared war on my kind.
edit on 5-9-2015 by historykel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join