It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mohan168

That's a good question, but, unfortunately, we don't have any volunteers to translate in that language.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wow, this is probably not the best place to post this, but I'm new to the forum and it wont let me start a forum thread. This appears to be the only thread that talks about language in general but it will have to do for now until somebody can better direct me to where I might further post about this subject.

Well the subject does have to do with language and writing! I have found one very important detail out about other intelligent life and this has to do with off worldly beings and “language”. What I have recently discovered is that all written writing comes from one special form that in turn is produced from the mathematics that are found in the natural world such as the Fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio. There is a commonality in all the writing around the globe that suggests this.

In a new book called “In Search Of The Holy Language” (which I just finished reading) it clearly illustrates this “one special form” that produces the complete Hebrew alphabet.

This is not only an intelligent and divine language, but the language of the galaxy and universe ---- it is a UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE AND WRITING that created all things and controls all things, much like the force refered to in the movie Star Wars. Therefore I am estimating that other intelligent beings including aliens use this same language and writing as well.

I think CERN and SETI are not only looking in the wrong places, but they are not searching the proper channels for something that is existing all around us at the presnt time.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthFinder1
Wow, this is probably not the best place to post this, but I'm new to the forum and it wont let me start a forum thread.

You're right, it's not the best or even the right place for this.

To make it at least on topic, do you speak any language besides English? Or, following your post's theme, do you know any other writing?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks! No all I speak is English. However I posted under another thread here. It just took some reading the forum to figure out where.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just wanted to bump to thank you for keeping an eye on this ArMap. Glad to see im still on the list. My Spanish has become a bit more proficient. I can keep up well in Cuba, Mexico, or Colombia.

I would also like to add, if anyone does find some good articles from foreign media affiliates, please by all means forward them to me. I enjoy calling international for my own line of investigate on some matters.

Telemundo hasn't posted many UFO videos in awhile. ET's scared of the cartels or what? Is Mexico still a hotspot?? IM me if anyone has anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Deaf Alien
You can go to translate.google.com... to translate websites. I don't know about pdf files though. It would be great if someone could transcribe some videos for deaf people
Youtube captions for Deaf people & language captions are Horrible. They rarely make any sense & my I wonder why its not a priority for youtube to sharpen that area up. Language is one of the major barriers between different people. It this day in age with internet connecting the world it can still be a tool to keep information confined to certain regions.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sanskrit? Why not just get a Sanskrit-English dictionary and pain-stakingly translate everything word by word, while trying to figure out contextual/double meanings.

Conversely, you could just take the original translator's word for it, as they already speak the language and have no real reason to alter the text (unless you take the hare krsna-illuminati conspiracy route). Long story short, the original translation is either going to be spot-on or close enough.

Believe you me ... if you volunteer to translate one passage out of the bible, the vedas, the mahabharata, or the ramayana, you're going to wind up translating the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
WEll guys , Im French Canadian , and I can translate very well English to French , French to English .

let me know if you could use my help , I also took Dutch and German classes for a few years , Im a little rusty but anyting I can do to help

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I could help with translations of Polish, Slovakian, lithuanian, latvian and possibly russian. many many europian friends including the missus

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
wow, very good

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I can translate french.. (my first language)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Time to update the list.

Only members that have logged in in the last 90 days.

Afrikaans:
deltaalphanovember - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 29 2014

Bahasa Indonesia:
Expat888 - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Bahasa Malay:

Bulgarian:
trusername - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 07 2014

Cantonese:
finitydream - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Caribbean creole:
Jaellma - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Catalan:
Cloro - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Croatian:
zazzafrazz - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Exitt - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Czech:
JustMike - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Danish:
flice - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Jubjub - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 07 2014

Dutch:
operation mindcrime - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
DutchBigBoy - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
loOranks - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
D0MiNAT0R 1OOO - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 11 2014
VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 29 2014

Estonian:
Amandla - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Farsi:
Davood - Send U2U - Last login: Dec, 25 2013

Finnish:
zerbot565 - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
PsykoOps - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

French:
Nitzz321 - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Teye22 - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
SonoftheSun - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Bluesma - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
elevenaugust - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
loOranks - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
schrodingers dog - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 12 2014
trex1980 - Send U2U - Last login: Feb, 26 2014
SpookyVince - Send U2U - Last login: Feb, 21 2014
WeSbO - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 29 2014

Frisian:

German:
octotom - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
WalterRatlos - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
operation mindcrime - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Dalbeck - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
lostsock - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 12 2014
D0MiNAT0R 1OOO - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 11 2014
lotusaugen - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 07 2014
jamsession - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 07 2014

Greek:
WalterRatlos - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Phantom traveller - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 08 2014

Hebrew:
ZeroKnowledge - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 10 2014

Hokkien:

Hungarian:
Outrageo - Send U2U - Last login: Feb, 19 2014

Italian:

Japanese:

Latvian:
FIFIGI - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
pr0ph3t - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 11 2014

Lithuanian:
ilaruum - Send U2U - Last login: Feb, 09 2014

Mandarin:
finitydream - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Maori:
alien - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Norwegian:

Polish:

Portuguese:
ArMaP - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
blackcube - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Portugoal - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
LordAdef - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 07 2014
mauricemsps - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 30 2014

Russian:
FIFIGI - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
InSanE1 - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 12 2014
ilaruum - Send U2U - Last login: Feb, 09 2014

Slovak:
JustMike - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Spanish:
TheEnlightenedOne - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Radiobuzz - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Casandra - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Dembow - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
Cricious - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 11 2014
Kaworu - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 10 2014
Egyptia - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 05 2014
DYepes - Send U2U - Last login: Feb, 12 2014
Camilo1 - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 27 2014
jerryznv - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 05 2014
Armour For Victor - Send U2U - Last login: Dec, 20 2013

Swedish:
ABeing - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014
zerbot565 - Send U2U - Last login: Mar, 13 2014

Turkish:
jamsession - Send U2U - Last login: Jan, 07 2014

Vietnamese:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Although some words may get lost in translation, there are several sites where you can hire native speakers to translate information. They could sign a non-disclosure agreement.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Scramjet76

An interesting thing to do. But language in some things and cases is more of a hindrance then anything else, any advanced super sentient entity would have gotten rid of language as we know it long ago. And besides it can go in different directions, the languages we speak today are merely a mirror of our surroundings, in space or on other planets they may be meaningless even in translation. What I am saying is that one language while here on earth can be used or you can use it to piece together translations in another foreign language, I believe that will not be the case in a truly alien language.

For instance, what language do you believe the grays speak? What would be there word for mother or father or even apple? What if you factor in that there all made in the equivalent of laboratories and have done so for hundreds of thousands of years, so much so that the concept of self is nonexistent, what does translating the word mother into there language mean? It would have a totally different meaning, most things when translated lose there meaning in that translation. We have people even today who are arguing over different meaning and translations in books such as the bible or other older books which have been translated and re-translated into different languages.

OK lets say we take every word ever written, keep its meaning the same, but we can translate it into a number sequence. For instance what if tree were 452 and what if different types of trees such as a walnut were 452-05 and even the word nut were 21 or even 2353425, what every single thing you knew from the ground to the sun were made into numbers. What effect do you think that would have on the psyche of a physical being? And what if you did that for hundreds of thousands of years to were a whole language is made of numbers, they say the language of the universe is math or a numbers game. What if you come up against a synthetic lifeforms, how do you tell something which has no definition of life as you know it to stop poking holes into you because that red stuff leaking out is not good? Sure they may be curious to what it is and they may not have quite the same definition for pain as you do, but what do you do? Maybe you can say in its language that your leaking coolant and may need an infusion of new fluids. Who knows eh, when we cant even translate the languages which some group of humans made some generations ago.

But what effect even thinking and speaking in numbers would that have on a physical mind over hundreds of thousands of years. It would not be something you can literally and easily translate into plain ol English it would be pretty alien would it not? and pretty much every concept we have today would be nonexistent or be meaningless to such a mind and being. In fact even communicating on the internet as we do today is a form of esp or telepathy, and considering that the whole knowledge of the world around you all of history can be shrunk down and codded in zeros and ones, so yes telepathy you can exchange great number of data by mere numbers, much more then words can achieve in a much faster way. Even in that you can see that words and language as you know it is outdated.

But what if its a more visual creature, and can only speak in images and movement? Or what if it evolved with no eyesight and has evolved a complicated language using sounds only, kind of like a bat only sentient would its language be one of music? Or what if it can speak in radiowaves because it has evolved to see only certain vibrations which we have not evolved to perceive? Language really when were translating it among different groups of people, what were really doing is looking for similarities in lifestyles and applying that to our words or gestures or writing. But if none of that exists if its totally alien and foreign, well what is there to translate, what is there to compare and contrasts if we literally are made of different things? What if you run up against a non carbon based lifeform?
edit on 4pmMondaypm072014f1pmMon, 07 Jul 2014 16:59:55 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
An interesting thing to do. But language in some things and cases is more of a hindrance then anything else, any advanced super sentient entity would have gotten rid of language as we know it long ago.

But that's not what this thread is about, this thread is about people volunteering to translate "information released by foreign media outlets".

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Oh lol, not much to say on that. The writing is on the wall and has been for a long time ages and ages in some cases. Wake me up when the grays or others break through the veil into this dimension, or the spaghetti people from alpha century invade and we need a translators.

Besides language is a bit overrated, and silence is golden, and the silent language is the codex alimentarius of all the garbage the mind digest and processes. Spewing out interpretations of the senses, interpreting them as needs be which need to be interpreted. And needs be? Well on that, you may as well flip a coin and everybody choose to speak one language, that way you will only confuse yourselves half the time. Maybe we should make English a universal language, that way everybody will misinterpret things equally.
edit on 6pmMondaypm072014f1pmMon, 07 Jul 2014 18:11:50 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

edit on 20/9/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SivIncGate tHAT LOOKS like too many things here on Earth to be confirmed alien bio-weapon.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hey ArMap have you talked to admins about getting this list you have worked very well to maintain over the years maybe added as a button in the forum layout, or somewhere on the main toolbar?? There is a video going on in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com..., in which A French reporter stealthily embedded within IS territory is translating im thinking Arabic into French for their domestic audience, and then subsequently subtitled in English? The woman can be heard talking native to her mother on an Internet Phone in an internet cafe, an action which to me clearly contradicts reports of extreme suppression of Western themes, culture, and tech. Im not really sure whether or not shes talking Arabic or not I will find out when I contact one of the members listed to try and listen carefully for me.

I understand you initially did this as a project geared towards foreign reports of UFO's, but I sincerely believe with the example I cited above there is significantly more potential for these services in uncovering deceptive reporting tactics in Western media, denying ignorance, and winning the information war for the greater good of the global public citizenry
haha yea that was definitely a soap box moment. Seriously though I figured I would bring it up again with you here in your thread rather than start one in the site development forum as you are a moderator, and well it is on topic

I think if you discussed a general opinion poll with the staff to get an understanding of how in favor the users would be of this. Hell there may even be increased revenue potential towards upkeep of the site if we get creative enough. But just having a button to push to get the list on the fly would be nice too

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join