It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killed a man? Don't worry Jesus has you covered-ha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
People become religous when they messed life up or close to denying.

Everytime someone is "saved"- they had some problems in their life.

You don't get better because of Jesus, its because you now have new friends and a community every Sunday (or every day).

It all pychological, but never a bad thing. Just see through the curtain and you will see just another cult following.

Want to feel like you have Jesus in your life, do something you thought you woudn't be able to do-

Do a back flip into the pool, Boogeyboard/Surf, make a stranger into a friend.

I do more "wwjd" in siutations than my religous friends because of my exposure to more bad and good people.

Just be good, you don't need Jesus if you don't want to.

In the end, in the very end, you will have to forgive yourself, not Jesus.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I hope you don't play darts because that's WAY off the mark.
I'd have to say that MAYBE 30%~40% of the "Jesus Followers" regardless of denomination, are saved due to some hardship in their lives. The rest find salvation through gained knowledge of the christ based religion they engaged upon willingly without any trauma or catastrophe to induce the need.

There's a reason for this however. For most of those 30 percent, they've nowhere else to turn at those points in their lives. No community, family, friends, etc. They know just by being alive (and presumably in this country) about christ. So they figure it's worth a shot. Now the physical aspects like you cited are probably a major factor in what you spoke of. So for that point you are spot on. They overcome LIFE issue through those superficial man-made availabilities.

You just need to learn the word saved correctly. You've been mis-informed.
"saved" by christ isn't some junkie being "saved" into going clean and straight. That is merely that individual finding the right people to help them.
Finding Christ and saved and all that is stricktly for when you DIE.

My soul has been "SAVED" from damnation in eternal hell.

So read up because I don't really have the time to provide a spoonfed diatribe about salvation in the correct accurate sense but it's out there in spades.

Now, if you doubt, take the term "CRACKER"
If you are white like me you probably think this is some black contrived racial term that is derogatory in nature in respect to a Saltine cracker being stark white and that's a reference to our/my skintone. You are only ½ right. It's an insult made by blacks but has nothing to do with white crackers.
It is a direct reference to slave masters who would "crack" the whip on black slaves. Hence Whip Cracker or just "CRACKER" for short.

So it changes the entire meaning of the word "CRACKER" in your life as a white person. Same thing with "SAVED"and "SALVATION THROUGH CHRIST"
Once you know it's true "cracker" equivalent meaning, you will change your post on your own you wouldn't need anyone else to suggest it for you.

Now for what you DID post I don't think, other than missing saved's meaning, it's all that bad. Getting out there and living is a great remedy to not living well. I just didn't want a post to give uninformed readers the wrong impression

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinmitnick2

Your reply is not very "WJWD" which makes me not believe christ, the culture, or followers even more.

top topics

join