It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Saucer Craft Developed!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My father handed me an article about a flying saucer set to fly using magnetohydrodynamics.

It looks like its from Discovery News / Discovery Channel.

Someone try to find it!

"Flying Saucer Set to Fly"
Eric Bland, Discovery News

[edit on 26-6-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
sodom

nice find, thats thelinky

sodom

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I can't believe its not a hot topic on ATS yet? Has this been debunked? Or ATS members do not log-on to discovery?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Err How can it be debunked?? It's a prototype aircraft?

It sounds cool, although it doesnt work in a vacum so not anything like supposed Alien Technology....

Still cool none the less

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Anything that has plasma and spins is pretty close to a UFO...

My conspiracy side says this is one of many BS technologies to introduce the real technology to the people.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree with '___'eed here.

I think it is more likely that non-terrestrial craft use some kind of gravity manipulation technology, perhaps coupled with this magnetohydrodynamics for atmospheric maneuvering. If our skies start filling with glowing, disk shaped craft, how likely is it that we are going to notice the odd Gravity motivated disk every now and again.

I can imagine NASA fobbing us all off with explanations like, "oh no thats no UFO thats just our new XJ31 craft. It had a minor malfunction with it's guidance systems and wandered 20 miles off course. Sorry to scare you folks...nyuk yuk yuk.

I wouldn't put it past them to start using this excuse now seeing as they have just admitted to testing this kind of technology. They will likely just miss out the fact that the XJ31 prototype is a balsa wood scale model that was sitting in a wind tunnel at the time of the sightings.

Jeez, I'm getting angry at Nasa for fictionally lying about a sighting that I just made up........the scoundrels.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
How can we come together to reap the info NASA been hiding...

I guess that can be a new thread....

MORE HACKERS PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
hmmm nice article..
i belive he has done it, to many have done it before so finally one hits discovery channel without being terminated ):
well i agree that this is close to ufo tech
and who says that the smaller ufo's are not coming with a big mothership capable of interstarsystem transport.
i would like to see a picture/movie of his invention.
i guees i have to go to my friends place he has all the discovory channels
cheers
for the inventor
and for all ATS

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Errr... This is not new technology at all! University of Florida must not take credit for it!!!

This technology was discovered in Germany and Britain over 50 years ago.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hmm...not sure why this is new. Thomas Townsend Brown was pretty well known for the same thing...with his lifters. He's already made (and demonstrated) working models.

en.wikipedia.org...

In addition, he worked for Dr. Vannevar Bush (whom many believe to be a founding member of MAJIC, or whatever other name you want to call it) and he worked for Glenn Martin (as in Lockheed Martin)...

Furthermore, Brown helped to found NICAP!

Check the links section on the wiki site....

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywatch

Well i had a look around and found this, seems there is a book out that people can buy, called How To Build a UFO.

But they show some sort of patent and drawings using Magnetohydrodynamics, maybe thats how it will look.

Picture taken from book below.

Source.

I think this all sounds cool, but how effective and stable would it be?
It couldn't go into space right? But can go in water.

Edit to add, starred and flagged!

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It couldn't work in a vacuum as it depends on ionizing the air/water around it. In a vacuum, nothing to ionize, thus no propulsion...(nor would it achieve the velocities needed for interstellar travel).

Stands to reason that an interstellar vehicle would rely on some kind of gravity manipulation device to bend/warp space/time in order to traverse such distances (and then adjusts to making use of a planetary gravity field, when operating terrestrially)...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It couldn't work in a vacuum as it depends on ionizing the air/water around it. In a vacuum, nothing to ionize, thus no propulsion...(nor would it achieve the velocities needed for interstellar travel).

Thanks for the info

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I like that in the post NASA claims "this is nothing new, we test flew a vehicle 8 years ago using this principle." It must have been a NASA "classified" program becasue there is no mention of it in the NASA news archives or the Glenn Research archives...lol
Good find...interesting stuff. Although while I was looking for any mention of this mystery test flight by NASA I found them putting ALOT of research into making MHD a viable means for interplanetary travel even though it isn't supposed to be possible.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by skywatch

Well i had a look around and found this, seems there is a book out that people can buy, called How To Build a UFO.

But they show some sort of patent and drawings using Magnetohydrodynamics, maybe thats how it will look.

Picture taken from book below.

Source.

I think this all sounds cool, but how effective and stable would it be?
It couldn't go into space right? But can go in water.

Edit to add, starred and flagged!

THANKS!

i will like when i read that page throughly. i posted a thread once called "i wanna build a ufo" so this link is something i really like.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Looks like Gaz already beat me to it but I'll say it again.

It is just an Ionocraft. The principles it works off of were discovered in 1709, thats right, about 300 years ago in a book titled Physico-Mechanical Experiments on Various Subjects by Francis Hauksbee.

The first prototype was designed in 19228 and implemented by building a working model in the 1950's.

Mythbusters built one in episode 68 trying to prove\disprove anti-gravity.

I built one for a junior high science project with nothing but 3 twigs, 2 feet of wire and about 12 inches of tinfoil.

Wikipedia article; Ionocraft

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Magneto = Electromagnetism

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the craft would be tied to earth's magnetic field lines?? Such a UFO wouldn't work for reasons I plan to cover in a new thread involving the1976 Tehran UFO.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great find op. Yes this has all been done before but only people like us have been aware of it. Discovery has just made this topic open to a much wider audience and that can only be a good thing.
I wonder what would happen in a fender bender with 2 of these vehicles.

Edit to add..... Since this actual technology has been around for over fifty years would it not stand to reason that governments and private industry have been working with it since then? If so, how much more advanced do you think the technology ACTUALLY is?

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Tybrus]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
old news...........i saw this a couple of weeks ago, cant remember where though, I think it was physorg.com (just the second best website for science n cool stuff news ATS being number one of course!)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Stands to reason that an interstellar vehicle would rely on some kind of gravity manipulation device to bend/warp space/time in order to traverse such distances (and then adjusts to making use of a planetary gravity field, when operating terrestrially)...

Vacuum, you mean NOTHING right? Does not exist. You mean "ether". No such thing as a vacuum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join