It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some anonymous posts are not viewable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
When i have logged out i can see that the last post has been replied by an anon post but it is blank.logging in the reply disappears eg this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the pid is www.abovetopsecret.com...
You dont see any thing wrong but log out and see the thread ,you can see a anon post blank.Is this a glitch ats?

Also i thought that anon posts are posted after accepted by the mods.SO why i see anon replies but are blank and if logged in anon replies are not shown?

same problem with these posts.I have the pid as proof

If you see the pid ids they dont match with the last post.How ever there are some exceptions like this

Can the mods tell me what are the doing .?If you dont allow posts to be shown up then why are you assigning pid's and wasting bandwidth.For transparency you can post that the anon post was against TOS and provide some content in the post so we users can be satisfied that no censorship is happening.

What reason does anon posts have at ats when we cant see it?

[edit on 26-6-2008 by greenjuice]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
They are not visible because they haven't been approved by a moderator. Once one does, they will be..assuming they are approved

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Anonymous posts must be reviewed by staff before they are officially posted to the forum.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I cant imagine the paperless work that the mods have to do.So much info and no pay for mods.

ats is tuely an information overload for the poor mods

on the topic you said that it is wating for approval but then why threads like these have blank anon posts

with the pid4531883.Its old viz 2 days old and can only be seen when you have logged out.(only name but the reply is not viewable)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
These anon replies were posted 2 days ago and i am still unable to see it.
Can you guys see the anon posts?(do check the pid)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenjuice
I cant imagine the paperless work that the mods have to do.So much info and no pay for mods.

ats is tuely an information overload for the poor mods

You are absolutely right..just another reason why anonymous posting is such a bad idea.

Registering an account here is free of charge and only takes a second. In return you gain access to a wonderful community. I feel that registering promotes activity within ATS instead of anonymous "drive-by" posting as some have called it.

Edit: I would also like to add here that some would argue that anonymous posters often contribute great information to the site. While this is true it kind of works against it. For instance, if an anoymous user contributes so awesome input on a thread, in being anonymous, they are denied the right to flag it, thus giving the thread the opportunity to rise to the top and having more people read their great input.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am still unable to see anon posts.plz help

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
SO wil these anon post's (if they are "Cleared" by mods) evenyually show up, or is there a certain section we have to go to read them???

Quite a while back I posted without logging in (accidently) so it came up anon, but it was amongst other anon post's that were all together and not in their respective threads. I find I can't get back there unless i'm not logged in and they mean very little because they have no thread title or the OP's first statement.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think that some anonymous posts slip by the mods and never get approved or deleted. There was an anon post in one of my threads that I kept going back to read but it never appeared, yet it always showed the last post by anon. This went on for days, till I eventually didn't care any more.

Is this a possible explanation?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This answers alot of questions for me. I have noticed though that when I reply to a thread with an Anon post I can review it then...as long as it is only a one page thread at the time....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
You are absolutely right..just another reason why anonymous posting is such a bad idea.

Agreed.

Registering an account here is free of charge and only takes a second. In return you gain access to a wonderful community. I feel that registering promotes activity within ATS instead of anonymous "drive-by" posting as some have called it.

I hope registering has become easier. My name is so long because when i tried registering it wouldn't email me the confirmation. I tried four different names with four different addresses before i got a response. Actually i tried a couple of years before this account was registered and gave up as i coudln't get a confirmation.

Edit: I would also like to add here that some would argue that anonymous posters often contribute great information to the site. While this is true it kind of works against it. For instance, if an anoymous user contributes so awesome input on a thread, in being anonymous, they are denied the right to flag it, thus giving the thread the opportunity to rise to the top and having more people read their great input.

I have seen some epic anonymous posts, truly brilliant. My problem is i have no one to attribute this too, the next time they post i might not be able to realise it's the same person. The great thing about ATS is sometimes following what a single user posts, they might be uniquely insightful. I might want to follow all they create, in the end i think anonymous posts kind of disturb things.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It looks to me like even though some post are not approved, they will still bump the thread up and the indexing system will still show them as the last post even though you can only read the prior posts.

It is only annoying because in my active threads it will jump up the list and I click the thread looking to read a new post, but am shortly disappointed that nothing has changed and I have already read what's available to read.

Maybe if they could keep the anon post from bumping the thread until the anon post is approved it would be a bit better system with less empty looks.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join