It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Fires stated intentionaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
California seems to be getting more than its fair share of small, lighting created, fires over the last five days.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

I found myself wondering today if some of these have been started deliberately by those individuals who would then profit to put them out. I am not suggesting individuals acting as "pyros". Firemen and contractors with equipment could start the small fires, the public would assume its lightning, and the workers rake in overtime pay for a few months. Curious to what others might think.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I live in Santa Cruz county, where the 3 fires in the week BEFORE the lighting fires. The lighing fires I beleive WERE the result of lighting across N. Cal. I was a very unusual storm with some of the most violent lighting I have ever witnessed and with vey little rain. So I can't believe that those fires were arson. But of the 3 fires in the week before the lighting storm at least 2 are under suspicion. Tthey are looking for "a person of interest" in conection with the 2nd fire. The 3rd fire, the one along Hwy 1 between Aptos and Watsonville (I live in Aptos) was really 5 fires in a string along the highway. This is very suspicios and there are unconfirmed rumors of someone seen lighting a fire and moving on to the next one. I wish I had more info.

RGS

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
thanks mate and happy weekend. I live in Roseville. Spoke to a social worker today and he confirmed that he "had a few" firemen who had admitted starting fires for the sake of profit. Not necessarily "these fires," but in the past few years.

thanks again, we usually camp at Brighton Beach down your ways.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bearclaw70

But that's not how firemen work. They're funded by civic governments. Fire departments don't just automatically get increased funding every time there's a fire, much less do individual firemen get raises for the same reason. It's far more likely that some major real-estate owning organization or individual would do it to collect on insurance.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Matt 24
27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matt 24 (antonym translation)
27 Against as the lightning take the guest in of the west, and dull the guest irregular (or: biased) from the east; so shall also the taking of the Daughter of woman be.

^^from east puts you west (where Cali is).

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Weren't the fires in Greece a year or two ago suspected of being started by terrorists?

If I was a terrorist and wanted to cause destruction with little effort, I'd head to California with a pack of matches.....

new topics

top topics

join