It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McGee was found guilty last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett this morning called on aldermen to reform the way liquor licenses and other matters are handled, saying the case of former Ald. Michael McGee showed the system as it stands is open to abuse.

McGee was found guilty last night in federal court of shaking down business owners in his district. He faces up to 30 years in prison, but likely will get much less based on sentencing guidelines.

In an interview with the Journal Sentinel, Barrett said "there is no place for corruption in the city, certainly not in City Hall" and called on the Common Council to review how other large cities handle license matters.

"This is a test for the council," Barrett said. "It has to respond. It can't just simply say this never happened. It happened."

Don't know if anyone has been following this or not. Here in Wisconsin, Milwaukee in particular Ald. McGee has been in federal pen for a year now. He is finally been found guilty of shaking down businesses in his district.

Here another guy making Wisconsin look bad. A##hole!!!!

Anyway, my question is this...

Is this where the corruption starts?? At the low level of power and these guys just get more brazen and bigger and bully, lie, cheat and steal to get to be Mayor?
I also find it hard to believe that a guy goes to be Mayor and he's worth a couple of bucks, but when he leaves office, he's a millionaire!!
How in the hell can average person continue to pay higher taxes in gas ,food and all of the other trumped up taxes that support these guys!!
I understand that taxes are need for community services and such, but come on already!!!

Sick and tired of being screwed by a system that cares only for itself!

[edit on 25-6-2008 by wolf241e]

new topics

join