It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscribed to RATS, but I don't see it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I spent 5K points on the Really ATS forum access and it said I would see it on the home page but everything looks the same. My points have been deducted. Am I looking in the wrong place?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
board>Conspiracy Theory Discussion Forums

I'd subscribe myself but the mods keep taking my points away
. What's in there anyway?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by reject]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's there. It costs a whopping 5k points to get in so I figured maybe it was a discussion board with all of the really serious posts about stuff. I could be wrong. *EDIT* found it. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll check it out and let you know.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Hit the board button ^^^ up top and in the Conspiracy Theory Discussion Forums
section you will see :

R.A.T.S.

click that and you should get there.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Is Really Really ATS next? What is the difference between RATS and ATS? Why does ATS need a separate section? Just because someone pays points to get access doesn't mean they necessarily have some kind of elevated knowledge or understanding about these topics. Nor does it mean that they somehow have something more to offer any thread than anyone else. It's basically just another version of ATS isn't it?

Is the idea to be more open to content on ATS while having RATS more closely monitored for valid/ more applicable content? And If so, why would ATS censor/monitor one and not the other?

-ChriS

[edit on 26-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Anything posted in the RATS forum is hidden from any type of searches from search engines. So only members that have been here a decent amount of time can view your thread. Thats pretty much the gist of it. Less chance of the gubmint tracking your thoughts I guess lol.

Kind of pointless now though IMO since they started giving away 5k points to sign up to twitter.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
wierd.. I wonder if RATS is basically the above network's way of saying that ATS is monitored by the government/intelligence community. I get ATS results in my searches sometimes even when I'm searching for something completely unrelated to these topics. Google is good at bringing up ATS content that's for sure
. All the information on ATS is freely available to any intelligence organisations out there. Not to mention people who post here (save for anon posts). Which is interesting in and of itself because first there was ANON posts and now RATS. A next step to keeping these discussions away from "prying eyes" so to speak. Thanks for the clarification.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
For the most part any discussion of mind altering substances - whether it be from a scientific, medical, or religious view, are put in there.

Even topics on hemp for food is put in there...go figure.

Recently some other topics have been put in there that are down a different path than that from one of our members that may be a good read for you.

RATS is not searchable, that is the key point.
Some people feel better if it cant be searched.

Personally I say what I say here and there - again, check it out and see what you think...after all, what else are you going to do with your points?

Peace

dAlen

p.s.
to the O.P. - welcome to R.A.T.S.
I have read a message before, it seems, where someone did not go through the process of ordering R.A.T.S. correctly and had to do it again. You may want to get a Mod to help you out.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Its would seem that ATS is not unlike any other organisation or website in that it has a seperate elitist group who get special treatment.
In this case the elitist group are those who have the requisite points to enter the Really Above Top Secret area.
The trouble with the system in use to gain access to the R.A.T.S section is that it is open to absue, seclusion, and in a way discrimination.
Now i do not have any proof of this and it is therfore it is just an idea/suggestion of one possible situation.
For example there may be a member who is on the verge of having the requisite points for R.A.T.S. something like 4995, but due to perhaps a moderator or one of the elitist members of the R.A.T.S. section has a problem with this person their points get docked for some trivial or made up reason thereby stopping their entry into the R.A.T.S. area.
This is just one way that the need of a set number of points to enter the R.A.T.S section may be abused and used to keep certain people out of the elite forums.
Again i say this is just a possibility and i have no proof, it is just an idea.

[edit on 26/6/2008 by smokey101]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How exactly does one subscribe to RATS?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

Well you have to have 5000 points, then you go to Your Member Center (MemCenter) area, then to the ATS Store and R.A.T.S is the "Secret forum access & 1 month" option I believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smokey101

Join Twitter, u2u Asala, get 5000 points, pay for RATS.

No conspiracy, no "elitists", no "secret" group, simple as that!

Oh, and I guess you better hurry before a Mod sees you have enough points and takes them away!

Mods have more than enough to do, they don't have the time to watch how many points each member has in order to dock them points so they can't get in RATS.

Also, it takes time (at least it used to until 5000 for joining Twitter) to acquire 5000 points, by that time, hopefully, a member would understand the social graces and the T&C of ATS before they get to post in RATS.

No conspiracy, no "elitists", no "secret" group!

[edit on 8/11/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Points are plentiful in tinWikville...
Earn Points Writing on tinWiki! Up to 10,000 points per entry

A couple days ago i wrote an article on the Order of Odd Fellows
and a day latter tinWiki gave me 7500pts !

...but don't think you are going to get away with copying and pasting pages of content, you have to put as much of the article in your own words as possible and be mindful of the layout... which makes the task challenging, to say the least, but once you get a hang of the basics, the process gets easy.

...and once you've written 10 articles your avatar/profile space is given a little "tinWiki editor" badge of honor. Can't purchase anything with it, but it sure looks spiffy.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokey101
Its would seem that ATS is not unlike any other organisation or website in that it has a seperate elitist group who get special treatment.
In this case the elitist group are those who have the requisite points to enter the Really Above Top Secret area.
The trouble with the system in use to gain access to the R.A.T.S section is that it is open to absue, seclusion, and in a way discrimination.

if you are disappointed with RATS now, without even seeing it - just wait until you spend the 5000 points to realize it's just a purgatory for posts that mention marijuana for the most part. That's true disappointment.

new topics

top topics

join