It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a cricket in my bedroom!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't sleep much, I never have. When I finally do get tired, I usually only sleep for 3 or 4 hours.

So, early this morning about 2:30 a.m. I decided I was drowsy enough to fall asleep. About 15 minutes after I closed my eyes, it started!

The high, whiny pitch of a cricket chirping.

I have looked everywhere for the little bugger, and haven't found it yet. I thought I might be getting close a couple of times to finding it, because it would shut up for a few seconds here and there.

I spent hours looking for the darn thing, and never did fall asleep. I looked for so long, I figured I'd just stay up since it was getting light out when I quit looking, and the cricket had become silent.

Now, I thought it might have croaked some time during the night because I didn't hear a peep out of the thing all day long.

It's 9:15 and I am exhausted. I just put my p.j.'s on, and sure enough, here we go again! It's happily singing away!

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sounds like a cricket that has studied Murphy's Law.

Not funny I know. Been there done that.
However, after you go out camping a few times, it becomes a soothing lullaby.
But then again, I can't sleep WITHOUT noise. TV, FAN..whatever. Only thing that keeps me awake would be city noise. Traffic and sirens.

new topics

join