It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible sighting in Portsmouth UK 22:25hrs 25 June 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hi all,

This evening I was walking to a friends house heading in a westerly direction near the seafront in Portsmouth, UK at about 22:35 hrs (25th June 2008).

I had been looking up at the sky because of all the recent fuss in the press in the UK regarding UFO sightings, and I have to admit I do believe on balance that such things exist.

Anyway, observed a very bright light in the sky in the west which I saw for around 6 seconds - the light seemed fairly low - I hadnt seen it previously as my view of it was obscured by housing. It was easily the brightest thing in the sky. This was a bright wiite light similar to the light of a distant lamp or very bright star. It had no other kind of lighting (eg. flashing aircraft lights, etc).

The object was moving slowly in a northerly direction and may have been in the sky / moving for some time before I saw it.

I half expected it to be a helicopter searchlight - however, as I reached for my phone (the first time Ive ever contemplated doing this) to film it, the object began to diminish in size until it was the size / brightness of a very dim star, before completely disappearing, in the space of 3 or 4 seconds. I didnt see the object again (so Im not sure that it could have been obscured by cloud cover for example)

This evening was a clear, (with minimal, but low hanging cloud cover) starry night, with half-moon, however Portsmouth is a densely populated city with a high light pollution. ....

I also saw three other objects seemingly at very high altitude from my friends garden that could have been satellites - two of the objects were observed by three (very sceptical) friends.

First object saw on my own, travelling south to north-westerly direction at moderate speed, about the size and brightness of a 'small' star - visible for about 10 seconds and disappeared abruptly.

Second object moved south to north and would have probably moved horizon to horizon in 4 minutes.

Third object observed moving west to east, very bright in appearance and was observed for around 4 minutes.

All seemed to be at very high altitude, compared to passing aircraft. These were star-like in appearance, with no discernable flashing lights and all moving in a continuous, straight path, apart from third object which seemed to begin to accelerate and decelerate after first travelling at a constant speed. This was commented on by another witness and observed by myself.

Hope you find this useful and wondering if anyone has seen similar - went to write this post up and was surprised to see the other posting relating to Portsmouth and cloud anomaly and shape in sky over portsmouth on 24th June.

Dan.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by danny-lacey]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Funny this should be here.

A few hours ago (2am) I was driving in this area and there was a stationary bright light in the sky for about twenty minutes or so.

I had just passed Southampton Airport on the M27 so assumed it must be a plane or helicopter. But twenty minutes later, it hadn't changed position in the sky at all, and I was now twenty miles on down the road towards Portsmouth.
Nothing changed in its appearance the whole time, except after twenty minutes it was half the brightness of when I first saw it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
its just wedding lanterns..

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Something is going on with these UFOs and I want answers!!!!

I saw one myself in clear dyalight a few months back and showed my family too. We all observed it for 15 mins!

WE WANT ANSWERS FROM THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Who obviously know what's going on because they don't treat it as a 'threat').

WE WANT ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join