Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Tenant, Their LEGACY To America

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here’s the totals President Bush, Vice President Cheney and former Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld aided by CIA’s George Tenant, have left as their joint LEGACY to America, to Iraq and to the World. Say Thank You! Thank You All!

Iraqi Health Ministry survey
151,000 violent deaths out of 400,000 excess deaths due to the war. 2003 to June, 2006

Lancet survey
601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths. 2003 to June, 2006

Opinion Research Business survey
1,033,000 violent deaths as a result of the conflict. 2003 to August 2007

The Iraq Body Count (IBC) figure of 80,419 to 87,834 civilian deaths reported in English-language media (including Arabic media translated into English) up to 10 January 2008 includes civilian deaths due to coalition and insurgent military action, sectarian violence and increased criminal violence.

Iraq has killed more media personnel than any war since World War 2. Media and aid workers: 112 journalists, 40 media support workers, and 95 aid workers have been killed. Totals as listed at source pages on 25 September 2007

U.S. Armed Forces. As of June 25, 2008, 4,110 KIA. Coalition Forces, 313 KIA.

As of March 2008 there were 8,914 wounded requiring medical air transport. 20,416 wounded did not require medical air transport. Of all the wounded 13,109 were unable to return to duty within 72 hours. Medical air transport was required for an additional 8,273 for non-hostile injuries, and for 23,052 for diseases or other medical conditions.

Armed forces of other coalition countries As of March 24, 2008 there were 311 total deaths. Breakdown: Australia 2. Bulgaria 13. Czech Republic 1. Denmark 7. El Salvador 5. Estonia 2. Fiji 1. Georgia 1. Hungary 1. Italy 33. Kazakhstan 1. Latvia 3. Netherlands 2. Poland 23. Romania 3. Slovakia 4. South Korea 1. Spain 11. Thailand 2. Ukraine 18. United Kingdom 177

IBC - Iraq Body Count Each Year of the Iraq War
Year 1. 1 May 03 - 19 Mar 04, 6332 (not counting 7400 invasion deaths through May 1, 2003)
Year 2 . 20 Mar 04 - 19 Mar 05, 11,312
Year 3. 20 Mar 05 - 19 Mar 06, 14,910
Year 4. 20 Mar 06 - 16 Mar 07, 26,540
The IBC released a report detailing the deaths it recorded between March 2003 and March 2005 in which it recorded 24,865 civilian deaths. The report says the US and its allies were responsible for the largest share (37%) of the 24,865 deaths. The remaining deaths were attributed to anti-occupations forces (9%), crime (36%) and unknown agents (11%).

A January 10, 2008 Washington Post article reported: "Previous research has shown that household surveys typically miss 30 to 50 percent of deaths. One reason is that some families that have suffered violent deaths leave the survey area. ... Some people are kidnaped and disappear, and others turn up months or years later in mass graves. Some are buried or otherwise disposed of without being recorded.

REFUGEES. As of November 4, 2006, the U.N. High Commissioner on Refugees estimated that 1.8 million Iraqis had been displaced to neighboring countries, and 1.6 million were displaced internally, with nearly 100,000 Iraqis fleeing to Syria and Jordan each month.

As of 2007 more Iraqis have suffered the loss of their homes and become refugees than the population of any other country. Over 3.9 million people, close to 16% of the Iraqi population, have become uprooted. Of these, around 2 million have fled Iraq and flooded other countries, and 1.9 million are estimated to be refugees inside Iraq.

Iraq Refugees. Roughly 40 percent of Iraq's middle class is believed to have fled, the U.N. said. Most are fleeing systematic persecution and have no desire to return. All kinds of people, from university professors to bakers, have been targeted by militias, insurgents and criminals.

An estimated 331 school teachers were murdered in the first four months of 2006, according to Human Rights Watch, and at least 2,000 Iraqi doctors have been killed and 250 kidnaped since the 2003 U.S. invasion.

Insurgent Casualties. 16,500 KIA estimated. There is a representative list of insurgents and militia members killed in the Iraq War according to a few published news sources. See: List of Insurgents killed in Iraq. According to the list, and the other sources discussed there, at least 16,500 insurgents, militia, suicide bombers, and other fighters have been killed during the war. Insurgent deaths, like civilian deaths, are hard to count or estimate.

Systematic under reporting by the U.S. An April 2005 article by The Independent reports:

"A week before she was killed by a suicide bomber, humanitarian worker Marla Ruzicka forced military commanders to admit they did keep records of Iraqi civilians killed by US forces . . in an essay Ms Ruzicka wrote a week before her death on Saturday and published yesterday, the 28-year-old revealed that a Brigadier General told her it was 'standard operating procedure' for US troops to file a report when they shoot a non-combatant.

She obtained figures for the number of civilians killed in Baghdad between 28 February and 5 April 2005, and discovered that 29 had been killed in firefights involving US forces and insurgents. This was four times the number of Iraqi police killed."

The December 2006 report of the Iraq Study Group (ISG) found that the United States has filtered out reports of violence in order to disguise its policy failings in Iraq. A December 7, 2006 McClatchy Newspapers article reports that the ISG found that U.S. officials reported 93 attacks or significant acts of violence on one day in July 2006, yet "a careful review of the reports for that single day brought to light more than 1,100 acts of violence."

The article further reports: "The finding confirmed a Sept. 8 McClatchy Newspapers report that U.S. officials excluded scores of people killed in car bombings and mortar attacks from tabulations measuring the results of a drive to reduce violence in Baghdad. By excluding that data, U.S. officials were able to boast that deaths from sectarian violence in the Iraqi capital had declined by more than 52 percent between July and August, McClatchy newspapers reported."

From the ISG report: "A murder of an Iraqi is not necessarily counted as an attack. If we cannot determine the source of a sectarian attack, that assault does not make it into the database. A roadside bomb or a rocket or mortar attack that doesn't hurt U.S. personnel doesn't count. So much for RELIABILITY and TRUSTWORTHINESS from the spokespersons of the White House and Defense Department.

Mental illness and suicide. A top Army psychiatrist, Colonel Charles Hoge, told Congress in March 2008 that nearly 30% of troops on their THIRD deployment suffer from serious mental health problems and that one year was not enough time between combat tours.

In January 2008 the U.S. Army reported that the rate of suicide among soldiers in 2007 was the highest since the Army started counting in 1980. There were 121 suicides in 2007, a 20% jump over the prior year. Also, there were around 2100 attempted suicides and self-injuries in 2007.

Numbers are from en.wikipedia.org...-icasualties-62 but commentary is my own.

George W. Bush, America's FIRST Designated President! You are a Prince among Princes!

[edit on 6/25/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, that's a keeper! Good post.

There is a substantial cast of characters missing from your post, but dang!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Posted by Maxmars
There is a substantial cast of characters missing from your post, but dang!

Yes Mr M/M, you are so right! I especially blame the Chairman of the JCS and the Army CS and the USMC Commandant. When you are a professional person and are requested to do something you know is wrong, it is your professional obligation to refuse. Quit or be fired, but you must refuse. If you are fired you go public. Soldiers and Marines are asked to risk their lives, and must have implicit trust and high confidence in their command structure. They are entitled to that as a minimum. That is the reciprocal to unquestioning obedience.

I am old enough to remember the drama in the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre. For reasons that would become obvious, Nixon wanted to stop the Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox. He ordered his AG who was technically the superior of the SP, to fire him! AG Richardson - no kin to Gov. Bill Richardson - refused. To Nixon's credit, his appointee did what I do not believe Bush43's AG Ashcroft or AG Gonzales would have done under similar circumstances. (Nixon was not all bad, just his criminal impulses).

Then Deputy AG Ruckelshaus also refused. Then came the Solicitor General who was later to become the HERO of the Far Right, Robert Bork, who gladly fired Mr. Cox. The Nuremberg Syndrome at work.

[edit on 6/26/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
While I appreciate the thoroughness of the OP, I feel the legacy is more tightly bound up in what they have done through the sanctioning of so-called depleted uranium weapons.

They have poisoned all humanity through the military use of depleted uranium, and they have poisoned their own U.S. troops and personnel with depleted uranium.

The legacy is the depleted uranium poisoning of humanity.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Interesting how very little we hear about that, too? I myself am not very well educated on that subject. I'll have to look in on it more.

And the worst part of all of those deaths is... what was it FOR? All those people died, for what? Iraq is a mess. Most of them don't even have electricity anymore, unless it's a government building or army. Saddam is out of power, and that's certainly a good thing, but who put him there in the first place? The White House.

While Saddam's behaviour cannot be condoned, I really don't think Iraqis are any better off than they were before, and Iraq was definitely no danger to any other nation after the Gulf War. Meanwhile, American 'intervention' in Iraq has only served to make the terrorists even more determined to fight back.

I've said it a few times before, but I'll say it again. The proudest I have ever been to be Canadian was when our prime minister at the time told parliament that we would not be going into Iraq, and he got a standing ovation from everyone, including the opposing parties. I just wish that the Bush administration had seen it the same way.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

While I appreciate the thoroughness of the OP, I feel the legacy is more tightly bound up in what they have done through the sanctioning of so-called depleted uranium weapons. They have poisoned all humanity through the military use of depleted uranium, and they have poisoned their own U.S. troops and personnel with depleted uranium.

Well, I had not thought of that. I do agree that our (singular?) use of depleted uranium in our 20 mm and 30 mm repeating guns poses a high risk to anyone in the vicinity. I did not put this on Bush43 because I don't think he was the one who started using the d/e ammo.

While that is no excuse - to keep doing wrong because your predecessor did wrong- it is in a slightly different category. PLUS, I would wager the DoD has declared it to be HARMLESS to the environment. It is much boasted here as you know that d/e ammo is capable of deep penetration into light armor. Much like shooting a .50 cal through home building drywall.

I have read at sources I trust that the US has made 70,000 nuclear bombs over the 65 years of the nuclear age. At least half of those bombs were dismantled and the "good stuff" re-used. Every nuclear bomb we made after the late 1940s was at the Pantex Plant, located 17 miles northeast of Amarillo, in Carson County, Texas. And as you might have known or guessed, it is partly owned or operated by Halliburton. You say Halliburton, you are saying America! Where there is one, there will be the other.

The atom bomb plant location in Texas was a political plum a/k/a boondoggle (as was also the Houston Space Flight Center) made possible because the House was under Speaker Sam Rayburn (TX) and the Senate was under Majoriy Leader Lyndon Johnson.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It truly boggles the mind. How can these 'players' actually say with a straight face that they are concerned with national security? Their view on security seems to be that if we kill all potential enemies we will be safe. But each time we kill an innocent potential enemy we create more potential enemies that need to be killed. I wonder how the the average person would react if their child was born defective due to depleted uranium. What if your father or son was tortured and had his eyes drilled out while still living, would you embrace the 'freedom' brought to you by that regime? What would your recation be to the savage murder of your brothers family to cover up ther brutal rape and murder of your 13 year old neice?

Your list fingers the true war criminals and calls for a Nurenberg type end to this heinous chapter of history.

Plese read the following, if possible, it is worse that we have imagined.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

And the worst part of all of those deaths is ... what was it FOR? All those people died, for what? Iraq is a mess. Most of them don't even have electricity anymore, unless it's a government building or army.

Without addressing the right or wrong of our pre-emptive strike in Iraq in March, 2003, this current shambles is 99% due to a near complete lack of planning by the WH say Ms Rice, and the Sec Def office under Rumsfeld. This was inexcusable but it was fed and cultivated by the (baseless) theories of Paul Wolfowitz which Bush43 and VP Cheney bought into 110%.

Neither man had a sufficiently diverse background to help him avoid those pitfalls. Nor did either have any regard for the United Nations Charter. (Republicans see the UN as the anti-Christ). Ignorance was bliss at least at the start. That got us there. How do we get out? Again the Triple Threat - Bush43, VP Cheney and Herr Oberfuhrer Rumsfeld - had no exit plan. This is where my sharp criticism of the top uniformed members of our government - the JCS - originates. They have failed us miserably. They stood by watching the all volunteer Armed Forces rupture then break. 3 stars, 4 stars, $120,000 - $140,000 a year for life pensions and more perks than you'd ever dream about. I do hope the next prez first gives the weaklings a shot of testosterone then fires them.

Saddam is out of power, and that's certainly a good thing, but who put him there in the first place? The White House.

Now on this point I must say my memory fails to support that claim. Saddam took power in July, 1979. Jimmy Carter was our president. The hostages were taken in Tehran in November, 1979. While I admit the WH does many things wrong, I am not ready to give them “credit” for Saddam.

American 'intervention' in Iraq has only served to make the terrorists even more determined to fight back. I've said it a few times before, but I'll say it again. The proudest I have ever been to be Canadian was when our prime minister at the time told parliament that we would not be going into Iraq, and he got a standing ovation from everyone, including the opposing parties. I just wish that the Bush administration had seen it the same way.

Yes, Bush43 and his circle of “advisers” have made the world less safe. We cannot get our head around the Israel-Palestinian issue. Until that is solved satisfactorily to the Palestinians, there will be “trouble” in the Middle East. Aside: What about the bellicose declarations by the Israeli government which is itself under pressures it cannot resolve at home, and now seems to be turning to foreign enemies for its survival. Is there nothing Ehud Olmert won’t do to stay in office? End.

I love Canada. Even the Quebeckers although they do make it hard to be loved. Aside: I always got angry every time I’d watch a baseball game played in Montreal. The French speakers hated the English speakers so much that although they grudgingly accommodated our preferred distance measure of “feet” over their “meter” they did finally post both. However, as a parting hit below the belt gesture, they used the French word for FEET in the distance to wall markings. Wow! That’s psychotic! End.

But look here. Canada is 80% empty snow fields. I’d guess that 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles - 170 km - of the US-Canada border. Canada’s population (33.4 mil.) is about equal to that of California (36.4 mil.). If OTOH we deduct the 7.5 mil. Quebeckers, that leaves Canada with about 26 mil. which is about the same as our #2 state, Texas, with 23.9 mil.

I have always HATED Bush43 and HIS unnecessary and ill fought war. Naturally I’m glad when very rational and highly regarded Canadians do not FALL for the Neo Con crapola. I see Canada as a SIGN OF HOPE for the future of Western Civilization. And Canadians have always enjoyed a preferred status Down Here. See Note 1.

Note 1.
The Articles of Confederation, Philadelphia, 1775. Article XI. Canada acceding to this confederation, and adjoining in the measures of the United States, shall be admitted into, and entitled to all the advantages of this Union; but no other colony shall be admitted into the same, unless such admission be agreed to by nine States. www.yale.edu...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by polanksi

How can these 'players' actually say with a straight face that they are concerned with national security? What would your reaction be to the savage murder of your brothers family to cover up the brutal rape and murder of your 13 year old niece? Your list fingers the true war criminals and calls for a Nuernberg type end to this heinous chapter of [American] history.

I expect both AG Ashcroft and AG Gonzales warned this Pres not to sign on to the ICJ. International Court of Justice in The Hague. An arm of the United Nations. (Which organization most religious Republicans believe is the anti-Christ). After 2009, Bush43 and his fellow henchmen including Ms Rice, may well be wanted for war crimes! I am told that former NSC and Sec State Henry Kissinger is a wanted man under an indictment to come before the ICJ. This for his role in the attacks on Cambodia and Laos. But he is careful not to travel where he can be apprehended, him being safely ensconced behind the walls of the US of A. Land of the Free and Home of the Brave! God Bless America!

Your link was indeed worth the trip! I'll repeat it here www.globalresearch.ca...

Post Script. Here’s a book I just finished and can recommend highly. “Understanding Arabs: A Guide For Modern Times” by Margaret K. Nydell. 4th Ed. 2006. 206 pages. Industrial Press. $19.95.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So-called depleted Uranium dust is coming back into the USA and other nations through their returning soldiers.

Because it is so frightening and private very little attention is being given to the tragedy affecting troops where male soldiers are injuring their wives during intercourse because their semen is full of uranium and causes interior genital burning in the females.

If most men in the USA knew that these depleted uranium weapons were frontloading uranium into their semen and destroying their fertility and injuring their women, I have to believe that U.S. Americans would rise up and demand the immediate end to such weaponry.

However no uprisings to date over anything. And the Nazi legacy marches on in the USA under Bush/Cheney.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If most men in the USA knew that these depleted uranium weapons were frontloading uranium into their semen and destroying their fertility and injuring their women, I have to believe that U.S. Americans would rise up and demand the immediate end to such weaponry. However no uprisings to date over anything. And the Nazi legacy marches on in the USA under Bush/Cheney.

Was it not Herr Josef Goebbels who advised "A big lie told often becomes the truth." What with our media RULED by such proto-fascists as Rupert Murdoch, do not wait for the news to be spread abroad in the land. The top 6 media conglomerates "serve" 85% of the American public. Or is "control" a better word?

top topics

join