It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell vs George Noory...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just to keep score here, it seems most people prefer art over george noorey but still like the latter, most people like george knapp and wish he would do more shows and pretty much everyone dosen't like punnett.

The really good thing about C2C is the guests though, since they manage to get a whole lot of them and a lot are credible and even those that are not are entertaining. I've even enjoyed some of punnetts shows, DESPITE him cluncking around trying to destroy the interview, and that tells a lot about what C2C is.

Btw, I discouvered C2C on youtube because of the following guy: the dude and his profile is a vast resource of C2C shows, edited and put to images. Hope it is not a terms of use violation, because this guy has probably got 100's of thousands of new listeners to C2C am, a lot of us from places that otherwise would not know of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I hope George Knapp replaces Ian. What ever happened to Mike Levatt?
George is pretty good...but please no more Dr Morphus interviews!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I rarely listen to C2C anymore. Way to commercial with the guest selling their product, the ads selling radios, and Noory trying to sell himself.

High strangness topics need an edgy, confrontational smartass type of interviewer that is willing to do at least a little reasearch more than reading the book jacket or the chapter index.

Soft ball questions and lame guest fail to keep my intrest.

If I want to listen to strange and crazy events; I listen to the News stations. Talk radio is either got a GOP/conservative adgenda or just lame pablum interspersed with advertising selling lame products.

It's a crying shame that AM radio has become as boring as network TV.
YouTube rocks. All hail the WWW

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
noory is awesome. definitely my favorite. more considerate than bell, but they both ask great questions and are great at what they do. i love listening to both of them, and neither could be replaced.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I definitely prefer Art Bell over Noory. Art is relentless when a guest makes a point and he wants him to clarify it and George as most people have pointed out doesn't pay close enough attention. I can even hear his mouse clicks all too frequently. Punnet is okay but he can be annoying. I really enjoy listening to Knapp when he does the show he should do it more. I listened to one show when I think it was Lisa Garr who was interviewing and I couldn't even pay attention to what was happening because she had the sexiest bedroom voice I've ever heard.

Noory doesn't ruin C2C as some have said he is still pretty good but Art you could tell really listened to the guests and formulated his questions as if it were a true conversation not reading off a computer.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

That's how I really got into Coast too was because of theduderinok.
As a matter of fact that's how I first heard about ATS was because of a John Lear Coast interview on thedude's channel.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I actually like George Noory as a host, I think he does an excellent job for the most part.

But I grew up listening to Art, and he is a radio legend as far as Im concerned. I think a lot of people dislike George simply because Art Bell was such a beloved figure. It is hard to follow a legend.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Art was a legend. I first heard Art as a child growing up on Okinawa in the sixties. Me and my friends would call up the radio station and request "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron" or "Telstar". I grew up and forgot about that radio dj until forty years later my truck driving little brother pulls up in front of the house and says "I found a radio show that covers all the topics that you check books out of the library on. The host is Art Bell and he is on in the middle of the night." I did not put two and two together until I started listening and heard Art discuss the time he spent on Okinawa.

Arts style was perfect for the show. He still gave guests far to much free rope for my way of thinking, but not nearly as much as Noory does.

Noory had some "Indian Medicine Man" on the show one time. His name had "Elk" in it and he was talking about how he taught his grandson to levitate and George says something like "How nice." Instead of saying "prove it".

I like Ian and George Knapp, but both of them seem like bastard step children next to George and Art.

Rollye James... I don't think so. She does not seem like she gets into the topics. She is just doing her job being a radio personality.

[edit on 6-26-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ian Punette usually has more interesting topics than George Norray. George is a good replacement for Art. No one could ever replace Art Bell. I think the show has too much fluff since Art left. Too many callers go down personal stories, are allowed to speak too long. Lets face it, personal dreams, ghost encounters, personal problems, etc are of no interest to the general listing audience. The show should permit more conterversal subjects. Politics, government projects from military to social issues should not be off limit. World issues should be covered. Things such as the enviroment, population, science, poverty, potential military threats from China to Russia. You could have political guest without taking sides. This is an election year for goodness sakes. It is true Art Bell could be somewhat grouchy at times, where as both George and Ian are polite, sometimes too much so. They need more guests like Steve Quayle, Hal Linsey. prophecy is interesting providing the guest is qualified. Ian is doing a good job. He does not overbear you with his beliefs. He is polite, intelltgent and usually choices good guest and topics. George needs to avoid too much "fluff" such as out of body and "numbers lady" topics.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
George Noory is good but I feel he doesn't play the Devil's Advocate enough. He doesn't lean into the guests who are evasive. At the end of a lot of programs you'll hear callers complaining about program guests getting off too easy.

Art Bell is by far my fave,and always will be, but I'm a huge George Knapp fan. HUGE. I would love to see him take over full time.

Ian Punnet is good too, a little biased but good.

I have an archive of episodes.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey do you remember when that damn WORKER IN THE LIGHT book came out? Every freakin episode was full of George talking about how its available to buy and he wants 'to get rid of them' blah blah. Then there was the 'steep discount' on amazon.com. Geez, from what I hear, the book was ridiculous. Many Noory fans were upset with it, and anybody who researched it saw how bad it was.

Now I have had a problem with George Noory for quite some time, but it definitely escalated after his big contract with the network. It was like he started to care even less, because he has a contract now. ANybody else notice this?

Art Bell is amazing. His voice is great, he has the perfect personality for the job. Art was interested in the topics, and actually listened to his guests. Art would ask the right questions and if he was not getting the right answers, he would end the interview and go to open lines. This happened when the guest was not the person they tried to make themselves look to be, or if their research was not really theirs, etc.

I have to agree with everyone who says that George cuts off the guests right when they are coming to the climax of what they are saying. He also makes ridiculous and childish remarks, often at the worst times. He often asks the guest a question that they just got done answering. It is because he is not listening to the guest at all! how can you call yourself a host when you are not even there mentally. In fact, he has even been caught physically away from the mic. "Oh I had gone to get something" bullcrap. He is not involved at all, and rarely gives anything important to the conversation.

When George first came on to C2C, I actually liked him. He has since become a host that I can not stand. Oh, and I also agree with those who think that he is full of himself. His ego is huge, and he does kiss too much @$$ trying to be liked by everyone.

Ian is alright. I did not used to like him, but he has grown on me. I think you need to get to know him a little first. His style is different, but much better than George's.

The one solid point to all of this is that Art Bell is one person. Nobody is going to be the same, and all we can hope for is somebody who gets close. I love listening to George Knapp and I think he is the best replacement for Art Bell. It is just too bad he only does a couple of shows a month.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
George Noory changes the subject too soon with his guests. He doesn't seem to ask that many questions he's really interested or curious in. I would say he's very neutral most of the time. It also seems like he'd rather please his listeners than look for the truth.
It's kinda sickening how often people call in and give him complements. Once in a while is nice but it's almost like he's got some kinda spell over his fans.
And I don't like him reading commercial advertisments and being a spokesperson. I think it's misleading and just shows that he's a good actor and salesman.
Otherwise I like George. He has good intentions and every once in a while he'll share some of his own opinions and conclusions. He also seems pretty knowledgable in alot of the C2C subject matter.

I started listening to C2C around the time when Art retired so I can't say much about him except that he seems personaly driven in finding truth in his interviews, which is refreashing.

If C2C was about 2 hours shorter, had less commercials, and less openlines it might make for a better quality show.

With that said, I love coast to coast!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by evo80

Art Bell is amazing. His voice is great, he has the perfect personality for the job. Art was interested in the topics, and actually listened to his guests. Art would ask the right questions and if he was not getting the right answers, he would end the interview and go to open lines. This happened when the guest was not the person they tried to make themselves look to be, or if their research was not really theirs, etc.

Yeah, there's something about Art's voice and personality that just draws you into the mystery. He wasn't afraid to confront guests. Thats what made the show great!!

I got so many good memories from road trips listening to C2C late at night; blazing across the Mojave Desert lookin up at the night sky in wonder.

'97 was a good year.

ART COME BACK!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

"However, my main beef is all the darn commercials. Geesh, enough already. With all the commercials and LONG bumper music intros, you are lucky to get a solid half hour of actual talk for every hour the show is on air. Very annoying!! "

AMEN brother! I've pretty much quit listening just because of that. I don't mind George Noory but I liked Art Bell better. I agree that Ian seems to have some sort of religious agenda although, I don't listen enough to try and determine what it is. But, as the old saying goes, a good thing doesn't last forever.

[edit on 6/26/2008 by soldiermom]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
reply to post by WhatTheory

"However, my main beef is all the darn commercials. Geesh, enough already. With all the commercials and LONG bumper music intros, you are lucky to get a solid half hour of actual talk for every hour the show is on air. Very annoying!! "

AMEN brother! I've pretty much quit listening just because of that.

[edit on 6/26/2008 by soldiermom]

I agree. But I feel it's worth it to subscribe to the show. That way you don't have to put up with those pesky ads, and you can listen to entire episode whenever you like!

I was hesitant to subscribe at first, but I'm 3 years running and I can honestly say its been worth every penny and more.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I would have to agree with those who say that the show used to be much better in the Art Bell days. Anyone who never listened to him in his prime won't get it. I really don't listen to the show all that much anymore because Art really set the bar high in my opinion. He could really get a spooky, erie vibe going that would get you entwined in the subject matter. Also, I would have to agree that the show topics seem pretty lame much of the time, at least compared to 8 years ago and further back. Yeah, there is alot to be said in favor of Art Bell and what he did for not only C2C, but for the whole of fringe media. I can honestly say that it's a good chance I wouldn't be a member of ATS today if it weren't for all those nights of Art painting a vivid picture of something sinister lurking around each dark corner. He was truly one of the great entertainment personalities that just can not be replaced.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
IMO Art Bell started off on the right foot with the original coast to coast programming. As ratings started to become an issue, the hard questions and investigative research all went out the window. By the end of his tenure the show had strayed far from where it originally started. Art was also into UFO phenomenon more than anything else which I personally enjoyed. George Noory is more into the supernatural and all the new wave paranormal hocus pocus. He has taken coast to coast from where Art left off and sunk the battleship for sure. Whoever takes the reigns over is going to have a difficult time trying in bringing credibility and integrity back to that show. I’d love to see Gene Steinberg and David Biedny take it over. They’re about the only show that I listen to now.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i enjoy both i think that george does very well on expanding on the political scene in the US ,instead of the corporate media

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I personally think that Ian Punnit is an idiot.

Who wants to hear about COMIC BOOKS!!??!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Goerge Knapp all the way!

I'm in Australia and started listening about 2 years ago via streamlink to help with sleeping after spending the previous couple years staying awake most nights.

George Noory has a good voice to fall asleep to, but when it actually comes to issues, George Knapps superior investigative journalism background comes to the fore making for a great 4 hour show. Plus the man has awesome street smarts that you can only get after living breathing the stories you research. Knapp is the man!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join