It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Space Pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a bit off topic, but you New Zealand natives are lucky. i think i may liquidate assets and come check it within the next year or so, things here in the U.S. just get more and more haywire. you'll hafta show me around the place!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

A little more off topic ...you should see the nite skies here...AWESOME!...I'm originally from Ft Worth TX, been in NZ for 4 yrs now...at nite you can see the milky way spread across our sky...a little furthere down south round Dunedin and further...you can see the australis borealis...beautiful

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the post!

Best pics I've seen in awhile!! Never has the clarity been so excellent!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Even with such a great camera and lens, there are no stars.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ahhhh! Were all doomed, NASA has gone and pulled the plug on Earth!

sorry it's late and I'm working

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Honestly.....thats pretty funny!!

Thanks for pointing out whats going on in the 2nd picture people. I was wondering where that was. Thanks for the compliments on the find, i appreciate it. I love these pics

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Good catch seagrass, I noticed that there no visible stars as well, anyone have any idea why this is so? A star for ya.j('
')

Maybe this is easily explainable, but I inverted the image, and the black background of space seems to be painted in.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by jafo123]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by jafo123]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
These were actually posted in another topic and the OP of that thread tried in a way to claim something odd was with these photos. Maybe fake?

But yeah, whatever.

These are beautiful....so beautiful...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

More from the Mission:::

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
beautiful pics! thanks man, I even set one up as my desktop screen.

I'm sure that camera gear must be a gift from the greys or pleidans, lmao.
starred and flagged.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

awesome pics!! Thanks for that....

OK so are we really going to think that there is something fake about these? Are they too good to be true? They are quite amazing pics, almost too good to be true.... I guess we have to analyze the possibility.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
amazing pictures ,thanks for sharing Jeff.
peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i wonder how much Canada paid for the advertisement space?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff

awesome pics!! Thanks for that....

OK so are we really going to think that there is something fake about these? Are they too good to be true? They are quite amazing pics, almost too good to be true.... I guess we have to analyze the possibility.

I know, I know. I won't even start the whole FAKE thing, I don't doubt these one bit. These are amazing pictures..now only if we could get such quality pix of Mars

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

hahaha I agree with you 10%....we are going to have to sacrifice quality for the smudges though...don't want the truthe getting out there

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
i wonder how much Canada paid for the advertisement space?

That's not an advertisement its the Canada Arm, built in Canada.

Canada Arm - Nasa

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
those pictures look like they are photoshopped or something to me over fake backgrounds.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
In no way was I implying these were fake. (do you want your star back?) Only that I think the lack of stars in Nasa photos is normal and not a very good argument for the moon conspiracies. I try to take pics of the sky and there are no stars either. I thought maybe a better camera could capture them is all I meant. This is obviously a better camera.
I like seeing lots of nations in space. Glad Canada could represent. (it makes me feel more secure knowing the other countries are contributing)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Great pics. I believe that the stars aren't visible in some of the shots due to the saturation levels of the shuttle (in the foreground). Gorehoundlarry posted 3 pics from the same mission that one can make out star points in the background. I ain't no expert or nuthin', but I suspect I'ze on the right track.

Cheers, Gram.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
FAKE! GOVERNMENT FABRICATION! WE'VE NEVER REALLY BEEN TO SPACE!! Ha ha, just kidding. They are nice pictures but a bit misleading. As a previous poster noted the earth LOOKS peaceful from afar. It's too bad it can't look that peaceful from ground level.

P.S. The 4th picture makes for a really good desktop background.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by doomsauce]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join