It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man from nowhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Right here's how the story go's i dont know if any of you could offer any info on this or if and when you've heard the story before ive done loads of search's on diffrent parts ot the story and got no where with it so i leave it open to you lot

On febary 11th 1945 A man was taken into a boston hospital. The nurses saw a man get out of an ambulance and wheel a trolly into the foyer. The driver said only that 'you will call this man Charles jamison.' police searches revealed no ambulance had been sent from any recognised source the ambulance was described as blue with no wording to match any of the ones in the city the driver was said to be wearing a high ranking navel uniform.

The man on the trolly had fading tattoo's that involved the british and american flags with the words 'US Navy' and 'United Kingdom' doctor's were called and they could see he had old shrapnel wounds and had seemed to have suffered a mild stroke . fingerprint's were taken and no match was found when given to the FBI.

'charles jamison' himself remained in a long term coma and then paralysis and a long term inability to speak until the summer of 1947 when he suddenly sat up in his wheelchair and said in a very brittish accent 'I simply do not know' as if replying to a question the doctor oliver williams with a British navel expert then went into lengthy sessions in which they tried to coax information from him. He was shown loads of photographs of ships and navel uniforms and UK facilities in an effort to identify his home. Whenever tricks were pulled such as showing him an inaccurate navel uniform he saw right through them. Jamison described being on HMS bellerophon in the battle of jutland and sailing on the cutty sark an old sailing vessel now a museum piece at greenwich in london (but did move there in the 1920's) so this could have been possible however his recall of any event's after then were missing but did mention a 'secret mission' which he declined to discuss .

However after following a fortuitous lead it was revealed that charles william jamison had arrived in Boston on the 9th of february 1945 aboard the USS Lejeune. The handwritten note in the ships records baffled the captain and he was unable to explane why the note had been added to the typed manifest at a later date nor did he recall jamison but the note explained that he was born in boston on the 17th of july 1895 and had spent 4 years in a german POW camp before being found inexplicably adrift off the irish coast by the lejeune on a 16 day voyage repatriating troops. Unfortunately reseach and cheaks on birth certificates failed to find anyone who matched.

Now this is where it's gets strange a discovery of a note in the Lloyds shipping record's of a report by a german u-boat U-24 that had engaged and sunk a wooden ship that fired on them in the north sea on the 10th of july 1941 the ship was clearly identified by the name on its side as the cutty sark and they saw it disappear under a barrage from the u-boat.
The u-boat report stated that they rescued just one man 'Charles william jamison' who spent the next 4 years in a POW camp.
charles william himself was unable to explain why the cutty sark was berthed in london but did say that the last ship he served on was fired apon and sunk by a german u-boat but gave the name as the Hinemoa a ship that was really scraped in 1945 after being towed out and holed with explosive charges .

After this final claim jamison relapsed into a catatonic state and during his last 20 years never said another word he dided in 1975 and was buried with full navel honours

[edit on 25-6-2008 by The real world order]

[edit on 25-6-2008 by The real world order]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting story, however, I would suggest for further readers that you at least add a new paragraph or two. The story is intruiging, but blends together like a run on sentence.

I have never heard of this man, I will have to look him up.

Thanks for the story.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

yeah i tryed looking him up and found nothing.
the story i first read in a book and after hours of searching i managed to trace it back to a copy of 'fate' magazine first reported by a guy named ron edwards but after that nothing

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The real world order

After this final claim jamison relapsed into a catatonic state and during his last 20 years never said another word he dided in 1975 and was buried with full navel honours

Most interesting - I'll be looking into this some more myself. Thanks for posting it.

Duncan

PS: I had a good chuckle over the full belly-button honours. Naval is what you meant to spell.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I did a little lite research on the 2 ships mentioned in the account and came up with these
The Cutty Sark
and
H.M.S. Bellerophon
Haven't really found anything outside of this post on the name but will keep digging.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I was thinking of taking a trip upto london to see the Lloyds records myself so ill keep you posted on that one but what i would like to know is would the u-boat have kept a record of where they sank the ship meaning could it be found today?????

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The only problem with that is that the "official" accounts that I have read on the services of these 2 ships nowhere mentions a u-boat sinking either. The Bellerophon was sold for scrap in 1921 and the Cutty was dismasted and sold in 1895 she was sold to Portugal and subsequently was restored and resold and pu into service as a training ship until it wound up in a museum in 1954. Here is the only thing I could dredge up on the Hinemoa.
G.S.S. Hinemoa She was a New Zealand gov't steamer ferry.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

yeah but its the u-boat making the report of the sinking not the other way round and the nazi's were knowen for there reports on everything which leads me to belive they would have logged where the sinking happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My question is which boat is supposed to have been sunk by a u-boat??
You may wanna check here first beforehand:
Record of U-boat records

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

The u-boat report states that they fired apon a wooden ship clearly displaying the name 'cutty sark'

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oddly enough according to this U-24 patrol logs if you look for the year it is claimed to have engaged this vessel, 1941 there is no patrol record, they changed captains and durinf that period changed patrol areas from the North sea to the black sea. I just find this odd especially with the frequency of the past patrols ,and patrols after that , that they would just drydock her for a year.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

yeah that does seem a bit strange

But I think for me to be totally convinced i'd have to see the Lloyds shipping note for myself

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
most definatley, lemme know how that pans out.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

yeah will do .
TC.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
26 november 1942 highgate railway station icy platform incident worthy of study

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The real world order

webpages.charter.net...

The above link is to a scan of the story which appeared in the October 1959 issue of Search Magazine, titled Lost In Time, page 10. Copy the jpg. it won't be up forever.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Almost sounds like some strange timeslip incident.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
....... just conjecture

....... what if ?

Mr. Jamison was victim of weird science experiment

"Philadelphia experiment" during WW2 ,

became stuck in time , only crew member that could be saved

[others went mad and killed each other], rescued by MIB ,

delivered back to 1945 ........ ???????

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Oddly enough according to this U-24 patrol logs if you look for the year it is claimed to have engaged this vessel, 1941 there is no patrol record, they changed captains and durinf that period changed patrol areas from the North sea to the black sea. I just find this odd especially with the frequency of the past patrols ,and patrols after that , that they would just drydock her for a year.

Ad this list show the boats that U-24 hit during it's career:
www.uboat.net...
No Cutty Sark.
The Search article refers to it as J-24--did any German subs have a designation other than "U"?

There is an obituary for Jamison here (you have to scroll across to page 6)
news.google.com...,2272301

top topics

join