It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO pursued by military Chinook helicopter in Washington USA.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Exactly. If anything this UFO is hunting the Chinook!

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Very, very cool. I've heard so much about Gilliland on C2C as well as some of the reading I've done. I'm not sure about his out of body and remote viewing stuff, but his UFO stories and footage never fail to reinforce my belief we are not alone here on Earth. I'll probably manage to make a trip there in another year or so when my youngest is 2. Kind of difficult to make any all day road trips with a 7 month old and a 23 month old. (Besides the fact that I owe my wife about 6 months worth of "relaxing" vacations before I try dragging her off on another one of my trips to the Twilight Zone. Heh)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Well at least its somewhat better than the alleged Cardiff UFO. There were no pictures in that case, but people go crazy over it. At least in this instance they got a high res picture of it.

Funny how people flock to something that holds no evidence but word of mouth, but when there is a picture, they are quick to shoot it down. Ironic to me.

[edit on 6/25/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Ahh but Police Helicopters are fitted with cameras. I've no doubt they have something on film but are not releasing footage.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Here I have James radio show audio file where they spoke about the encounter on air from the week end just gone ... for those who are interested you can download it here ....

www....(nolink)/?dvw4mydgmjz

Look at the rotor blades of the chopper the high speed shutter has captured the blades in focus while in motion ... and yet the UFO is blurry which leads me to believe it must have been traveling at a very high speed!

This was posted by scram jet on my thread about it ....

"The phenomenon of ionized and excited atmospheric molecules around a UFO also ties together a number of related mysteries about the UFO. It accounts for the general nighttime appearance of the UFO: the many observed colors, the fiery, neon-like look, the self-illuminating character, the fuzzy, indefinite or even indiscernible outline, yet an appearance of solidity behind the light. In the daytime the same plasma is present, but usually invisible. Morning and evening, it is partly visible. The ion sheath also accounts for some daytime UFO characteristics such as a shimmering haze, nebulosity of the atmosphere or even smoke-like effects sometimes observed. The absorption characteristics of the plasma can also partly account for the daytime hazy or smoky appearance of the atmosphere around the UFO. When the surrounding illumination is brighter than the plasma, the plasma absorption may be greater than its emission, making it look darker or hazy."

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I wonder what that Chinook is actually going to do if it 'catches up' to a UFO travelling at ultra high speed. Probably more likely to be the Solviet Union than aliens...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
Look at the rotor blades of the chopper the high speed shutter has captured the blades in focus while in motion ... and yet the UFO is blurry which leads me to believe it must have been traveling at a very high speed!

If it were a bug near the camera, it would have looked the same. Speed in terms of camera is actually how fast an object changes the angle subtended at the lens.
So a car going 100 mph at a distance of 100 feet would come out sharper than then same going at the same speed at a distance of 10 feet. (same shutter speed).

I'm sorry to say that I'm disappointed a bit, by the so called UFO pro's who took that picture. Why did they take only one? And why no video cameras ?

Second, the chopper seems to be coming towards the camera, while the ufo seems to be moving right to left, out of the frame. This is not a "chase" exactly. Its more likely that those things happened to be in the same shot.

Its different from Cardiff. You can't compare the word of some random enthusiasts with a report by Police.
So, like it or not, in my humble opinion, the word of Police still holds more weight than a single pic showing a blur.

[edit on 26/6/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I cant remember but on his radio audio that I up linked I think some one did capture video footage as well .. or at least tried to , they talk to the guys in the filed on the show and rehash the experience.

Check it out and let me know ... If the video or more stuff gets posted to ECETI I will try get it off James and get it up ASAP.

Skyfreak

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is a good start! But shows the sheer lack of coordination and effort that stil is needed...

Sure the Ufo is very, very fast... but if we had a guy or two on the ground and herded it the right direction we culd have goitten it to fly right into the path of a nice shoulder mounted team of guys with anti aircraft rockets...

but obviously this was a half ass effort, a couple of raptoras should have been dispathced at first sight... One chopper isn't going to nail the thing by itself...duhr...

we need coordination, civilian participation and a genuine alert issued the minute one of these things are spotted.

This would have ben an ideal moment to test one of the new mag lev cannons... it's wide open and not concentrating on what might be over the horizon...

Just the public news of killing a few of these little grey bast%^ds would create an atmosphere of hope... needed to win the war...

they aren't invinceable..just good, lets take them down, perfect the methods, cooperate and show that they aren't immune to our resources...

this was a start... but not good enough

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

I agree with your assessment.. I also believe that the "blur" could also be due to out of focus.

I also found it strange as you that the heli was positioned in such a way to indicate it was not giving chase.

I'm wondering if it' no longer quality but quantity to get "numbers" for some indviduals... in the commercial market.. they usually pay to those with a large audience..

or

Some want to believe so badly they foul themselves into believing what they see so as to finally come to a conclusion based on "evidence" they think they may have.

And if something was traveling that fast... would one not expect such objects to be long gone that there really would be no chase to speak of?

Common sense to me indicates that it's a close up of a bug shot with a heli in the background. And if there was a chase that there would be "multiple" shots seeing as there was ample time to take more shots since the shutter speed was quick to capture the blades on the heli.

Nay.... its one shot of many where someone picked this to garner popularity for something they wish others to think is there...

Ya.. it's a "UFO" as I'm unable to inform anyone which bug it is.....

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just the public news of killing a few of these little grey bast%^ds would create an atmosphere of hope... needed to win the war...

Umm, which war is that Mopusvindictus...if the public aren't aware of a war, they hardly need an atmosphere of hope to "win".

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Weird! I took a picture of something that looks like this! I have no idea what it could be, though but the shutter speeds were fast when I took my series of pictures... a blur thing going at speeds faster than whipping heli blades
What could it possibly be?

I actually caught a bug flying in a series of 4 quick shutter pictures (not this one), from a session and it looks like a bug without the odd rod blur.

Bugs, lightening fast birds, ufos, what a puzzle
!

check this out: I have 2 like images, one demo and one full file.

rapidshare link to the 1.21.mb original file

[edit on 26-6-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
what would you centre on if you thought you were looking at a UFO??

The UFO. But what if you were looking at a Chinook chasing a UFO? You would want to get all of the action into the picture. Also, keep in mind if it was as fast moving as they make it sound it'd probably be really hard to get a centered shot anyway.

Finally, a great picture of a UFO in the day time. I wonder what the responses of the skeptics will be that normally say "I'm a skeptic because all UFO pictures/videos are taken at night, never in the day time."

I'd like to get some analysis on this one ASAP. I'm not entirely convinced, but it is one hopeful picture!

[edit on 6/26/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Well at least its somewhat better than the alleged Cardiff UFO. There were no pictures in that case, but people go crazy over it. At least in this instance they got a high res picture of it.

Funny how people flock to something that holds no evidence but word of mouth, but when there is a picture, they are quick to shoot it down. Ironic to me.

[edit on 6/25/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Don't get arsey about it.

People are interested in the Cardiff thing cause we haven't yet had any evidence that proves it's fake. People have lost interest in your thing because... well, it's a bit crap, innit?

So, this shutter speed is so fast that it freezes the propellers? But, the UFO is still just a blur? So, that would mean the UFO is moving faster than the propeller blade... so why bother chasing something you ovbiously haven't got the slightest chance of catching?

Bug for me... possibly a bird.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

From the same page (further down). Could be the same object.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Man, you and Burdman got me all pumped up to get up there now!lol! If either of you gents get up there, make sure to create a log of weird happenings, because from what I can tell, sometimes there's too much to even remember it all in a single trip. A cool thread, involving a couple of airline pilots and their experiences there was posted just a few weeks ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They were pretty blown away by what they experienced, and they are trained observers...

I also started a thread a ways back on Gilliland and the Sattva Sanctuary:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The footage in some of those clips I posted was pretty phenomenal...I recently spotted a triangle that looked eerily similar to the one they taped above Mt. Adams there...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this is interesting.

Why would a Chinook respond to a UFO? Why wasn't there a jet following it it?

This could be a simple answer, folks.

For all we know, the Chinook could have been doing it's routs (or whatever it's doing flying around) and simple saw the craft and started to pursue it. Or it could have been told to keep an eye on it.

I know if I was flying ANYTHING and I saw a saucer I would attempt to follow it!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Don't get arsey about it.

I didn't get "arsey" about anything, but your comment speaks more than I can.

People are interested in the Cardiff thing cause we haven't yet had any evidence that proves it's fake. People have lost interest in your thing because... well, it's a bit crap, innit?

Once again, way to add intelligence to the conversation. And about the Cardiff thing there is NO EVIDENCE at all, thank you very much. But if there was, I'm sure there would be others with "expert" opinions such as yourself to bat it down and call it "crap." Something tells me you wouldn't be happy with any evidence ever presented in any case.

So, this shutter speed is so fast that it freezes the propellers? But, the UFO is still just a blur? So, that would mean the UFO is moving faster than the propeller blade... so why bother chasing something you ovbiously haven't got the slightest chance of catching?

Yes, lets use your method and not even try at all. That will get us somewhere. Thanks Einstein.

Bug for me... possibly a bird.

Glad to know. Maybe you should go apply at NASA.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The clearity of the chopper blades vs the object in question, more likely proves the object is out of focus, more likely due to being very close.

It does not help support a fast moving object, else the object would leave a motion trail..

imho

mindping

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

It's a Fake, notice the smudging and blurring around the object, notice the clouds are untouched at the helicopter's position, but at the objects position and around it, the clouds are all smudged and smeared...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Looks like a fly very close to the camera when the photo was taken.

I call HOAX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join