It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninja spotted in woods out side of school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Ninja spotted in woods out side of school

www.phillyburbs.com

BARNEGAT, N.J. - It's the case of the nonexistent ninja. Public schools in Barnegat were locked down briefly after someone reported seeing a ninja running through the woods behind an elementary school
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
the rest of the story

Turns out the ninja was actually a camp counselor dressed in black karate garb and carrying a plastic sword.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press the man was late to a costume-themed day at a nearby middle school.

The lockdown began shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday and lasted until 9:30.

i mean COME ON
How pathetic does it have to get? People are too "scared" these days, and it makes me sick.

www.phillyburbs.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That's what using the media as fear tactic does to people. We can thank the Republicans for that.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Good thing he did not wear a godzilla/king kong suit, otherwise the whole area was surely been evacuated.
I totally agree with you that people are very "jumpy" lately, everywhere. I hope that it is just result of modern world and its stresses and safety issues, and not that people who are more sensitive then me feel that something is coming.
Of course it can be leftovers of cold war/2000 stress, as far as i recall in 1666 world (or Europe to be more precise) was also very jumpy. No ninja reports survived though.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh this is just hilarious...I can just hear the police call now.

"Uh, we have uh, Ninja behind a , uh, elementary school uh. Please advise."

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Where's a pirate when you need one?

In any case when schools are lockdowned because of a ninja in the US it's a sign that things are taken a bit far. It's not as if there's all that many ninjas versus the number of people dressed like them.

[edit on 6/25/2008 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
hmm

Doesnt suprise me.

One of my hobbies is to run around in a ninja suit and you wouldnt belive how many times I have gotten in trouble for this.

And personally I think it is ridicoulus that people would call the cops on people for doing this.
Most of it is just overreaction and fear.

And you can blame the media for that.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bwahaha, looks like the "Urban Ninja" has struck again.

Youtube Urban Ninja

It's clear why this is happening, the state of fear in the US is second to none ever since that terrorist attack.
I'll repeat myself again...

The conventional purpose of terrorism is to create fear and panic...
THEY'VE WON

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow are we gonna be forced to wear signs for Halloween that state what kind of character we are instead of the actual costumes....

I mean what has gone wrong when a Man cant run around In a Ninja suit? They gonna go after that Bronze statue man that is always showing off on the corners.... On yes We will get him! Such a Nuisance...

As I read this I cant help to think to myself...

" THE SKY IS FALLING "

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The media is exercising its power to 'create' a horrible world for us. Full of fear and suspicion. This is what they've come to.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Er... you had a stranger running around a school. It's standard procedure to lock down the school until the stranger is identified or leaves campus.
I know this rule, my mom caused a lock down one time. It's not a panic or anything, it's in case someone wanders onto the campus. It could be a drunk, someone who's supposed to be there but hasn't let anybody know or something. Normally of course it's nothing, especially since most of the time it's hard to tell who is and who's not supposed to be on campus. But it's a "Just in case" scenario. ANd it ended up being pretty dang funny besides.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As you see from my Avatar, I dress just like this two sundays and one saturday a month. I'm sure glad we don't hold Cowboy Shoots during the week. I'd never get out of court!!!

Zindo

new topics

join