It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Reiki?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Reiki (ray-key)

Some of you may know what Reiki is. Some of you may have already heard of Reiki but be unsure what it is, and many of you will have never heard of it. Here is an explanation of a wonderful treatment that everybody is able to learn.

Reiki is a natural healing system which aims to bring the body and mind back to balance. For example, if some one has low blood pressure Reiki will look to higher it, and high blood pressure will look to be lowered. The word reiki loosely translates as universal life energy, although the word 'ki' can be translated as this by itself. The word 'rei' can be translated as ghost, spirit, or external spiritual forces. So reiki could be translated as spiritual energy.

Ok some of you scientific minds may be a little put off but bare with us as you will find I tend to stick to the science.

Eastern medicine has always worked with this sort of energy which flows through all existence. The energy is known as 'ki' in Japan, 'chi' in china and 'prana' in India. Acupuncture, Tai chi and yoga are also based on the free flow of energy within the body.

Scientific research on therapies such as Reiki has found that not only do the brain waves of practitioner and receiver synchronise in the alpha state, which is characteristic of deep relaxation and meditation, but they also pulse in unison with the Earth's magnetic field, known as the Shuman Resonance. It has been discovered that a large pulsating bio-magnetic field is emitted from the hand's during treatment which are in the same frequency as the brain Waves.

This also sweeps up and down from 0.3 -30Hz, focusing mostly in 7-8Hz. Research has shown that this range of frequencies will stimulate healing within the body, with specific frequencies being suitable for different part's of the body. For example, 2Hz encourages nerve regeneration, 7Hz bone growth, 10Hz ligament mending and 15Hz capillary formation. There is equipment that works on the same principles to aid soft tissue regeneration, ultra sound technology is commonly used to clear clogged arteries and disintegrate kidney stones. Also it has been known for many years that placing an energised coil around a fracture that refuses to heal will stimulate bone growth.

One of the special features of Reiki is that both practitioner and client receive the benefits of the treatment, which makes it very efficient. Reiki works on every level. Because it is an energy it can work on the mind. So this makes it very good for depression, anxieties, and general relaxation of the emotions.

A session is usually carried out with the recipient lying down. Reiki is completely non-intrusive and you can stay fully clothed as Reiki passes through all matter. The practitioner places the hands on or over the receiver, who only ever takes as much as is needed. In the west, treatments are usually kept to certain time limits but in Japan the treatment can take hours or until the energy flow stops.

Reiki can be felt as a flow of energy, mild tingling, warmth, coolness, other sensations or sometimes nothing at all, but people still come away feeling deeply relaxed. Reiki is profoundly relaxing and is very effective at relieving stress. Even a single treatment can make a difference. Reiki is a very gentle yet powerful treatment that can be used alongside orthodox health care and of course expand treatment options. Reiki is easily brought in to many medical conditions and may be used safely by people of all ages.

Reiki is not a religion and so does not conflict with any belief system. So it can be incorporated into any ones life, no matter what they believe or do not believe.

Animal's also love it!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am a Reiki Master. I absolutely love it, although i put it aside for awhile (get this) because i was sick.
Thats right. While i beleive in the healing capabilities, i think i took in too much information and too many attunements too soon, and i beleive that i got sick because of all the activity for myself and others.
I am recuperating, and i am slowly going back to it.

My suggestion is for people who are interested, do it one step at a time and dont overload yourself with too much.

It is absolutely something i love, i wish people really understood what it is about because some think its some type of voodoo hype stuff.
It couldnt be further from the truth.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Remember to protect your self. As you well know a circuit is created and we must remember to break the circuit as to not take on other peoples negatives. But yes it is a good thing to say do things in stages as to not overload the system.

It is a great system and as you say to many people label it as something it is not. They should try and understand it or even better to go and have a treatment before they throw around their preconceived notions. I am sure they would soon realise what a positive thing it is

join