It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rotating SkyScraper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is just way to cool - a rotating Skyscraper which will start being built this year and finished by 2010 in Dubai. (Next stop is Moscow.)

Just love that technology...

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 25-6-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Was already posted in the Alt. News Forum, but it's probably more appropiate for this forum. I think it's an engineering marvel. My friend told me he watched a show on the Petronas Towers the other day. I was like "that's old news man... 1998. Dubai is the big thing now."

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Was already posted in the Alt. News Forum, but it's probably more appropiate for this forum. I think it's an engineering marvel.

Yeah, I was just so psyched when I saw it I came and posted it in the forum that I thought it naturally fitted in - after, in retrospect, I did a site search and found it was in "thats weird" forum (Didnt even know such a forum existed..nor would I have thought of looking in that particular forum for technology type stuff..sounds more where you would find the bearded lady. Same with Alt. News, not really the first thing when I think of Alt. News...first thing that comes to mind are topics that the regular media doesnt cover - i.e., topics that are more conspiratorial in nature, but anyway.

I can see how it ended up in the other forums though, and I suppose its good its in the various places - that way more people will find it.

This really is, as you said, an engineering marvel - and it goes to show that "nothing that man puts their minds to is impossible". Im quite happy for this type of stuff to be honest with you. The reason being is not to long ago people who were dreamers would easily be shot down by the nay sayers and we would not get far.

Thankfully people stuck to their dreams and did not listen to the masses and showed them that "all things are possible".

There is so much potential out there and again Im quite happy to be living in this day in age when science and technology is advancing so quickly.

peace

dAlen

[edit on 26-6-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

The whole Dubai scene is an absolutely fascinating concept in itself and really deserves it's own thread on ATS.

Check out this link illustrating the rapid change going on there.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The whole Dubai scene is an absolutely fascinating concept in itself and really deserves it's own thread on ATS.

Check out this link illustrating the rapid change going on there.

No kidding it is definitely something unto its own - first the islands they made and are making, and now this.

Its only a beginning, others to follow.
The Dutch plan to build an island off their coast much like what was done in Dubai.

Amazing stuff to say the least - your right maybe there can be a thread started about Dubai and how it will influence the rest of the world with its implementation of future technology.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 26-6-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Dubai scheduled to have the world's first commericial spaceport!

It's not just the rotating skyscrapers, tallest skyscrapers, largest bridge, man-made islands, underwater hotel, largest mall, largest indoor ski facility yada yada.... People forget about all the other infrastructure needed like water, sewer, and drainage!

Dubai is one hell of a gamble... trying to turn a desert town of 200,000 people into the world's #1 city! Unreal...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

...Dubai is one hell of a gamble... trying to turn a desert town of 200,000 people into the world's #1 city! Unreal...

I don't know about that. It seems to have worked for Las Vegas!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

This is a stupid gimmick and will make you seasick.

An excellent target for terrorists.

The arabs are stealing our money with sky high fuel prices and wasting it on dumb constructions of no value except to the filthy rich while they spit on and abuse and beat up the cooks,cleaners,taxi drivers who other foreigners who do all the hard labor jobs.

I understand they also abuse and beat up their foreign workers and treat them like dirt.one arab chopped of the hand of a 7 year old child because he refused to something .this was in the news on ATS.

In another case an arab chopped of the head of a toddler after an argument in a shopping center with the toddlers uncle.This was on ATS as well.

they also starve little kids to be light weight camel jockeys.

Note how they had to hire a foreigner to design this for them.

Arabs invented zero in 1600 and since then have continued to invent zero since then.

They oppress and torture the sunni minority.

one arab who came up with the idea of towing icebergs from the antartica for fresh water was ridiculed so much by fellow arabs that he he gave up.

Only the oil keeps them from starving.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Dubai is pretty amazing, mainly because it is the most recent city from scratch... I aould love it if America built a new city, today using all new tech from scratch!

But this building, ur, I don't know that I want to be spinning around when i'm sleeping, somehow I think it will be more a novelty than a great place to live.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

The arabs are stealing our money with sky high fuel prices and wasting it on dumb constructions of no value except to the filthy rich while they spit on and abuse and beat up the cooks,cleaners,taxi drivers who other foreigners who do all the hard labor jobs.

And how is that different than any other country?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just posted a video report from Russian TV about them building this type of Skyscraper in Moscow. You can view the video at this link: Russia

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This got me thinking - in the past humanity built marvelous structures, wonders of the world. Libraries, temples,gigantic graves, palaces,lighthouses. No market in list of world wonders.
Now it is about huge houses of business.
I have nothing against this particular one in Dubai, good luck to them ,it is really marvelous project.
But as a society we are too much about materialistic stuff. Me included of course.

new topics

top topics

join