It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Time running out over nuke issue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by ergoli

No hard evidence.. how about we take their word for it when they say they will wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

Do not get lost in translation

In an address to the "World without Zionism" Conference held in Teheran on October 26, 2005, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said: "Our dear Imam [Khomeini] ordered that this Jerusalem-occupying regime [Israel] must be erased from the page of time. This was a very wise statement."

The New York Times translated the statement as Israel "must be wiped off the map," a non-literal translation which nevertheless conveyed the meaning of the original - the destruction of Israel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Seriously we must give A's for all the effort in the attack Iran push. and its slow and methodical cooking - and while completely transparent to a person with any integrity, I admit that the constant stimulation makes me hungry for just a little taste of hostilities. Bomb somebody I am hungy already!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Iran if they go down this road much longer will get hit. Germany and Israel will probably be the ones to do it. I would bet that within 18 months Iran will get bitch slapped hard....I might add that I love the Iranian people. I hate their gov.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm German, and I don't see why Germany would attack Iran...

Maybe you can tell me why you think this?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminist

I just don't think he understands that Germany does not regularly get involved with Israeli affairs. Maybe he got your country confused with another?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here we go again

Anyone ready to see gas prices double overnight.

Well it could be a reality if any of this IRAN Mumbojumbo starts.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
perhaps

Bush regime=Nazi germany

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
These are just a few of the warnings and threats made by Iran in today's news...

"We advise you to take Mr. ElBaradei's warnings seriously and not to be after provoking Iran. In that case, you will face our predestined action and returning to interaction will become impossible for you,"

"a little time was left for having interaction with Iran"

"If we feel that you are making decisions unilaterally and are using negotiations as an instrument to justify your illegal actions, be certain that the process will change," he said. "This is the path you have chosen to step in and the responsibility of consequences will be yours."

"Do not add to the cost you should pay with making wrong assessments"

"be careful lest they face a new catastrophe."

and my favorite...

"Our last word is that if you want to head toward Iran, be sure to bring with you a walking stick and a pair of artificial legs, because if you do come to Iran you will no longer have legs to go back home with."

They also warned that any nation participating in isolating Iran would "pay heavily."

This all spoken by a country without a nuclear weapon to back up their world-terrorizing words.

So to anyone willing to let Iran acquire a nuclear arsenal, get ready to cower under your beds every night as they threaten your infidel country with annihilation. You think they are loudmouthed idiots now? Just wait.

i have one rather large issue with the tone of your post. okay maybe two rather large issues.

1. dude, if your country were in the crosshairs of israel and the u.s.a. you'd be retaliating too. with words and perhaps more.

2. they may or may not have nukes. but they have two powerful allies who do. perhaps three if we count pakistan, and india could go either way too.

doesn't seem to me like iran is the instigator here. look to israel, puppet of the u.s. or vice versa doesn't much matter at this point.

this was ALL preordained long, long ago. before 9/11 even and maybe as long ago as '79. don't get roped into believing any of this is new news.

and hormuz has been the point all along. saudi arabia for one is really f**$cked if that closes. hmmm...makes ya really wonder who's pulling whose strings.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminist

my two cents is that russia and germany are getting more and more cozy with each other...to the point where the two countries were talking a new currency not so long ago to "compete" with the euro.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
something to consider. ahmadinejad is a genius. it is by his inflammatory and notorious words that he draws world attentilon to iran's plight and this alone has probably been enough to postpone the inevitable for a few years now.

ask yourselves why halliburton was in iran WAY past the sanctions and is now or was in deep doodoo for violating the sanctions against iran with their alledged nuclear faux pas but of course going to get away with it. what were they in iran doing? why helping them with nuclear stuff of course. same as they did for n. korea and china. boy these guys make money wherever and however they can. and people take their side over a country that did virtually NOTHING until they were targeted as an axis of evil? ha. wake the hell up.

iran is dead in the path of the oil and water pipelines to the real paydirt for the u.s. and their 9/11-perpetrating compadres the saudis. and yes control the straits. that's the real reason they're in the crosshairs.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join