It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the shelf life of a MacDonald's french fry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Besides many reports on fast food and it's weak nutritious value, what do they put in this food and how hard is it to digest? Ever notice that McDonalds lettuce is always green? Never wilts or browns? How about their french fries? What is the shelf life of a McDonald's deep fried french fry?

This is an older video, but it does use a bit of home conducted experimentation to compare similar products. Very interesting. Since seeing this, I don't order most of the fast food I would before. Still, it does little to defeat the excitement kids have when getting to go to McDonalds. I've found that in most cases, when I ask my daughter or her piers where they would like to go for lunch, about 99.9% of the time, they all respond, "McDonalds". I bet the tobacco companies would love this pattern in our youths.
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Q: What is the shelf life of a McDonald's french fry?

A: A couple of seconds--the length of time it takes me to chew and
swallow it!

Seriously, though they are pretty tasty, you may have just finished me on them for good. I eat a pretty healthy diet and only occasionally stray onto the junk food path. Next time I get an urge for fries I will remember this video. Not to mention the sandwiches...

Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok... that was icky... I had those fries YESTERDAY... eww... NEVER buying those again!!

Also word of warning. DO NOT watch this video while eating BranFlakes... I now feel REALLY sick.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Lol that's quite crazy.
Glad I only eat real food and not that *snip*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/8/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I just e-mailed the local McDonalds owners and demanded a response (sent the video link) ... my nephews eat there several times a week and this is just disturbing and DISGUSTING!
I'll post the response ... if I get one.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookshowJon

What is the point of demanding a response They the owner only sell the crap They don't make it them self The frys comes in a bag and they keep it in the freezer till they cook it

That is why it's called fast food people It's NOT NOT good for you so don't be shocked by this

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ewww.

That's funny yet disgusting, but I expect no less... after all, it's McDonalds!

[edit on 16-7-2008 by parrhesia]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Remember Morgan Spurlock's documentary titled SuperSize Me! ?? In that movie, he experimented with a McDonalds's meal to see whether it would decompose over time. I don't remember exactly how long it lasted, but it took an amazingly long time to decompose, especially compared with the control foods tested at the same time. If you haven't seen that documentary yet, check it out:

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 7/23/2008 by Uphill]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
lol do yall think its JUST mcdonalds? Im sure alot of fast food joints food would do the exact same thing

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You should hear some horror stories I get from people who work at fast food places.... Shocking...

For example, if they get BLACK mayonaise, they use it anyway. :shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylph hugger
Q: What is the shelf life of a McDonald's french fry?

A: A couple of seconds--the length of time it takes me to chew and
swallow it!

Seriously, though they are pretty tasty, you may have just finished me on them for good. I eat a pretty healthy diet and only occasionally stray onto the junk food path. Next time I get an urge for fries I will remember this video. Not to mention the sandwiches...

Thanks for the tip!

Personally I think they are only valid when they are hot and salty, they have no enjoyment factor when they get cold.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I work at maccas- and we aren't meant to sell fries that have been sat under the heaters for more than 7 minutes (10 minutes for hash browns).
After that, they go to soggy and gross. I'm not saying that some of us don't still sell them after that...
Oh and they are taken out of the freezer in the morning so they are often sat around defrosting for hours before they are cooked. This affects the way they look and taste later.
If your fries are too brown, stale or limp, it's usually because of one of these, or the oil hasn't been changed- and that happens a lot
(either that or the fries are at least an hour old..... )

Seriously i could tell you some horror stories about the stuff that goes on in maccas and some of the other fast food restaurants.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
But there again, the fries are better at Burger King and so are the burgers.
KFC fries are third, MaccyD's second and Burger King is first, in my opinion.
The TexMex burger is amazing, but that is a special rotated burger which is not stuck on the menu line-up like the Whopper which is my standard favourite!!!

Whopper Burger

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
thats nothing.. check out what a cheeseburger from McDonalds looks like after 4 years:

or fries after 38 weeks:

There is actually a guy out there that has been collecting cheeseburgers from either BK or McD's for over 10 years now, and has pictures of the whole collection. Some of the food has been preserved so well, that it's scary to think whats actually in them. Normal food is supposed to decompose.

If I can find a link to the burger-collector, ill post it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I don't know the official shelf life, but I can tell you we poured out an order of mcdonald's fries in the yard one day, thinking the birds would enjoy them. The birds didn't touch them. Day after day we would notice that the fries were becoming more and more like they were just petrified or something like it. After about a week and a half it rained, and the rain disenegrated the fries. I thought that was very strange. It didn't rain hard, it was a light dusting, so the force of the rain didn't cause this.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

My explanation to the long shelf life of the fries is that they have been fried.

In 200 degrees celcius oil, I beleive 99.99999% of all germs have been eliminated. Oil does also preserve.

These fries were also handled correctly. No germs have spread on the way from the fryer to the glass jar.

Not defending Maccers, but this seems to me obvious of how well this guy managed to get those fries germ free into the jar.

Well done.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Your first vid isn't up anymore, got another link?

The second vid is an obvious fake, it's just a picture of a box of frys, not several different pictures, that's obvious cause there is no change in the lighting and the box it's self would have moved some simply because of the wieght of the frys.

With that said, any fried food hurts my stomach bad, I grew up on the stuff.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here is the Supersize Me video in it's entirety:

Link:

video.google.com...

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join