It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OoBE, What am I doing wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Okay,

I have been practicing OOBE for a short time now and I am definitely experiencing something. I lay down on my back and relax my whole body piece by piece, taking deep breaths. Once my body is completely relaxed, I start...I dunno...kind of building up energy sort of. Its the best way I can describe it, and I get this terrible ringing in my ears and get this strong vibration through my whole body. At the same time, my body gets suddenly cold and I shoot awake. How can I keep myself from automatically jumping awake from this? I can feel that I'm almost there, but I can't seem to get past the vibration and my body being cold...any ideas? Am I even going in the right direction here? I would like to hear from someone that has actually done this.

Thanks,

Hatter!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
From what i understand ( i only got my hand out a few times
) you have to get used to it. Are you getting scared when it happens? Or exited? those two will mess it up. So when you get used to it there will be more results and only time will get you used to the experience.

But you are on the right track with the whole ringing and vibrating thing.

Maybe you can try and get this feeling while sitting up and when you get the vibration and ringing you can try to sway yourself while keeping your body still? The times i got my hand out i was concentrating on keeping it still while getting it out so with a little luck you can do it with your whole body and 'tumble'out.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You will have to get used to it so that your emotions do not have any effect on your OBE. You basically have to train yourself to become a simple observer when the OBE symptoms hit (vibration, ringing in ears, etc.) When you let emotion interfere, you are likely to lose your focus and lose the OBE. If becoming cold is part of it as well, then cover up better, dress warmer, or whatever you can do to try to stay warmer. You have the process down, and you are so close to achieving the OBE. Something to try is try to focus on one thing, like your breathing, that will help keep your mind busy when the exit sensations are happening. Also try to imagine yourself on the other side of the room looking back at your body. Focusing on this will keep your mind off of the sensations as well. There is also one other thing that might be happening; you could be exiting your body and just not remembering it. Robert Bruce says that this is common, and if I remember right, is often the case when one has the exit sensations but does not leave (remember leaving) the physical body.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you for the advice.

The thing is, I have read Astral Dynamics by Robert the Bruce...haha...i can never resist that....and I can get the symptoms but never exit. I don't think I am exiting though...I have a very hard time getting the "falling sensation" that he speaks of, although I have experienced it before when I was younger. Once when I was drifting to sleep, I got the sensation and slammed my head into the wall, spazing out, thinking I was falling for real.
So I am very familiar with the sensation but have trouble reproducing it when I really need it.

And as for my body going cold, its not a outside cold that can be solved by covering up, its like my blood pressure drops and the temperature of my body goes physically cold. Kind of like a cold sweat. Then, when this happens, my body automatically tenses and wakes up. I can't really control it. I suspect it is fear of the unknown though.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah, the fear thing is hardest so keep at it, it is your body that is fearfull but you don't have to follow it if you know what i mean. Last time my body acted scared but i was mentally calm tricky thing to do but maybe it is just what you need.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I suppose another thing I am looking for here, is for someone to really tell me that they have done it with astounding results. I'm the type of person that learns by the example of others, so I think it would be helpful for someone to give me their personal account that it really is possible, even though I know it sounds good in theory.....does that make sense? Ah well, if it doesn't I'm sorry...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, there are some succes stories in the pinned thread in this forum
conscious Oobe....It's Real!! But yeah, it's pretty long

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Okay,

I have been practicing OOBE for a short time now and I am definitely experiencing something. I lay down on my back and relax my whole body piece by piece, taking deep breaths. Once my body is completely relaxed, I start...I dunno...kind of building up energy sort of. Its the best way I can describe it, and I get this terrible ringing in my ears and get this strong vibration through my whole body. At the same time, my body gets suddenly cold and I shoot awake. How can I keep myself from automatically jumping awake from this? I can feel that I'm almost there, but I can't seem to get past the vibration and my body being cold...any ideas? Am I even going in the right direction here? I would like to hear from someone that has actually done this.

Thanks,

Hatter!
i do this the same way,with the same results,but it gets easier its taken me awhile to do(right)....your on the right track,personally it kinda scares me cuz im not a relaxed person,and being that relaxed scares me a little..

top topics

join