It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Helicopter Captures 'UFO' on Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

In doing a quick search I didn't see this posted anywhere . . . most intriguing:

Raw video:June 08/08:Recently released footage:Welsh police confirmed that one of their helicopter crews had spotted an "unusual aircraft" flying over Cardiff earlier this month.

Watch Video . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Hello, Frank: the existing thread is
UK Police Chopper chases UFO .

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I may be wrong but I thought there was no footage from the helecopter?

Or is this just a plug for your site?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good Day Internos,

Originally posted by internos

Hello, Frank: the existing thread is
UK Police Chopper chases UFO .

I knew the threads existed for the articles, just didn't think the video was posted . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Good Day Knights,

Originally posted by Knights
I may be wrong but I thought there was no footage from the helecopter?

Or is this just a plug for your site?

Ouch! I cannot vouch for the veracity of the video at present; only that it was sent by a colleague from MUFON; as far the Knowledge is Power web-site is concerned, we're read in over 130 countries and "plugs" aren't necessary.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
well, it nice to see the air police are starting to open their hearts to the issue.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ah, the existing thread is this one then

Leaked UFO footage of Police Helicopter Chase

It's not the video of the last sighting: here's an article about it:

UFO film sparks fresh ET debate
Saturday 17 May, 2003

The images captured over the south coast were filmed by a police helicopter. The UFO was spotted travelling across the coast and was followed for about 10 miles.

None of the crew members on board the helicopter had seen anything like it before or since.

The footage has aroused the interest of UFO enthusiasts. So what could it be? Well, some people think it could be a balloon or some other simple explanation...

Watch actual footage taken by Brighton Police over the Sussex skies...

56k modem
ADSL

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"I cannot vouch for the veracity of the video at present; only that it was sent by a colleague from MUFON"

well your collegue needs to give up his day job as this footage is about 8 years old...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Many people are digging up old videos and pics via google and posting them here without checking the dates etc.

Newspapers are making up stuff as they go.
People are reporting stuff all of a sudden, you know "me too..." style.
Its all confusing , no wonder....

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Good Day zeetroyman,

Originally posted by zeetroyman
"I cannot vouch for the veracity of the video at present; only that it was sent by a colleague from MUFON"

well your collegue needs to give up his day job as this footage is about 8 years old...

Like myself, my colleague "made no claims about the video," he merely was offering it for consumption with folk who share the same interests, in this instance Ufology; I have done the same.

The object of course is to disseminate and evaluate; your response indicates that the goal is heading in the right direction . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This video is old! seen this last year. apparently its a missile of some sort...

[edit on 25-6-2008 by weenaman]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The wording for that video, says watch actual footage taken by Brighton police, Taken over Sussex skies, any other Brit will back me here, Brighton is as far away from Wales as you can get before you hit the channel, Im led to understand this was a Welsh police Helicopter over Cardiff? that then chased the object into England over the river.

That means this is not the footage from the Heddlu chopper.

I doubt that footage will see the light of day for a while, if ever, its one thing dealing with the English police, another to deal with the Welsh, so who would have jurisdiction on the footage?

My bet would be the Welsh, and judging by the way they deal with official UFO reports, my guess would be it needs pressure for it to be handed over, any lack of pressure i guarantee it will disappear into the long lost footage folder, and once that happens you will never be able to guarantee authenticity.

Welsh police forces are amongst the most authoritarian police in the UK, they never let anything go, in fact i got a speeding ticket just last week near Festininiog, and i have a choice, 3 points and a £60 fine, or pay the £60 to do a three hour class on speeding and no points, errrmm thats a no brainer i think, 36 miles an hour in a 30 zone, going downhill around a bend straight into a mobile unit, i need whippin

Wig

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The only 2 things this video has in common with the Cardiff UFO is that it is a police helicopter and it is filming a chinese lantern. This thread should be closed as the Cardiff UFO has it's own thread and I'm sure the East/West Sussex video must have it's own thread on here somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join