It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Was wondering what people thought about ancient astronauts? I am open minded to the idea myself but I do think it would answer certain questions. Like the possible jump in both the human physicality and the advancement that led to the wonderful structures that were created. Do the things in the video relate to the possibility of ancient astronauts or can anybody explain these things? Would much appreciate your thoughts as I do find this very interesting.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by tarot1984]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
starred and flagged

This should make an interesting thread.

All of those paintings an artifacts have always amazed me, and left me wondering what these people who have created them have seen or came in contact with. Surely these can't be put down to an amazing imagination.

I also wonder why our technology didn't progress any sooner like planes etc considering theres a model plane found so early on in time.

Cant wait to see where this thread goes.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The problem is there are so many different ideas about it. Von Daniken (or however you spell his name!) has been proven to be misguided. That is unfortunate because it is a good question to ponder. I do believe we were visited, but I don't know if they interacted with us very much. I just find it hard to believe they would travel all those light years to build a primitive pyramid. Of course, I could be wrong as the pyramids and the sphinx have been dated at over 10,000 years old. There are too many questions that need answering.

[edit on 6/25/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
its been said before that we have had this technology before, but we screwed up and everyone vanishes (possibly huge amounts of death but not extinction) think of it like getting wiped out by the flood.

its funny to me that the egyptians have the hyrogliph of the helicopter how is that?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
what is the name of that ancient indian story? it describes a nuclear explosion. "and vishnu sent the great arrow down to earth, bringing the heat and light of the sun, causing elephants to burst into flame and soldiers to cast themselves into the rivers to wash themselves and their equipment. lest their hair and nails fall out."

ezekial saw the wheel. now why would a supernatural being that has the ability to transport one self, by divine power, need a mechanical device? to me, at least, it is more impressive if you are just standing there by your self, and then, out of no where, an angel is standing in front of you.

there are many other examples. the debunkers say that those are just imaginations. some of them, yes. but one must give people their due as intelligent beings able to desribe the events around them as well with out prejudice.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is a fascinating subject. One that can raise many question and some plausible answers. I would agree it would seem strange for them to just come here and build a few pyramids but then I suppose people would bring up the idea of it being some sort of marker. Some believe it sends a energy point into space because of the way the energy moves throughout the pyramid... is that true?... no idea but again a interesting thought.

When you talk of a earlier high technologicaly advanced civilisation, do you talk of the atlantis idea?

I find it interesting the whole alien idea may stem back thousands of years. I certainly think it is an idea that should be looked at and seriously considered.

new topics

top topics

join