It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has NASA never gone back to the moon?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesun
How can nasa justify its large budget buy going to the same place over and over again. do any of you even know how expensive a moon mission is. Unless there is strategic reason like using the moon as launch pad for other manned missions, there really is know point.

Well there are many reasons but one JUMPS to mind

Helium3 At oil prices of 40.00 per barrel one ton of HE3 is worth 54 BILLION There are several million metric tonnes just lying around on the surface...

One shuttle can bring down 25 tons... 25 tons will power the ENTIRE USA for ONE YEAR... with a safe clean fuel..

That makes it 2,160 BILLION per trip and if you calculate it at todays price per barrel... increase that 4 times

Oil prices briefly soared to a new high near $146 a barrel Thursday
www.msnbc.msn.com...

So how much did you say ONE mission costs?

People here talk as if the moon is hidden from our view, when its not.
Does any of you own your telescope, why dont you invest in buying a powerful telescope and spend some time to observe the moon. count how many ufos you spot.

Well since HALF the moon IS invisible to us from Earth and even Mount Palomar's 200 inch scope nor Hubble is strong enough to see the landers on the Moon... what size scope would you suggest we buy to 'have a look'?

why would they want to stay on the moon when they could easily take the earth from man/or at least could have at some point.

Why would they want to do that?

There could be financial motives behind some of those books written by ex-nasa officials.

So? There are 'financial motives' behind EVERYTHING we do on Earth, including Russia and the Chinese

So what's your point?

Try to do a little research Start with HH Schmitt, Apollo 17 Astronaut who plans to use Saturn V's to mine the moon for helium and is the founder of

INTERLUNE INTERMARS INITIATIVE, INC.

Delaware Corporation incorporated in 1997
Privately Financed
Vision Statement:

CREATE COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES RELATED TO RESOURCES FROM SPACE, THAT, TAKEN AS A WHOLE, SUPPORT THE PRESERVATION OF THE HUMAN SPECIES AND ITS HOME PLANET INTERLUNE INTERMARS INITIATIVE, INC.

Seems Herr Schmitt used his time at NASA to his advantage

Now how is that for 'financial motives'

Funny thing his name also appears on a 1967 high resolution topographical map of Copernicus crater USGS mining map... two years before Apollo went up there

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Helium3 At oil prices of 40.00 per barrel one ton of HE3 is worth 54 BILLION There are several million metric tonnes just lying around on the surface...

One shuttle can bring down 25 tons... 25 tons will power the ENTIRE USA for ONE YEAR... with a safe clean fuel..

That makes it 2,160 BILLION per trip and if you calculate it at todays price per barrel... increase that 4 times

That is nice number, I kind of like and dislike it.

So a shuttle trip costs 2 thousands billions, what should I call it?, 2 trillion or 2 zillion? Where did USA get that money. The whole world trade in 1 year is not comparable to 2x1000 billions USD.

Ok let's say your USA is very rich, ( others are poor ), where did USA bought this HE3 from? who is the seller?
Ok, there is no seller, USA produce it on its own, which means USA created 2x1000 billion business or income or jobs to USA alone. Averagely at that year USA has created 8 BILLIONS per capita, which means each of you are earning 8 billions USD, wowwwwwwwwwwww but most of you are chocking with $150 per barrel oil.
And which company has produced 25tons of HE3 equally 2x1000 billions per year business? Mr. Bill Gate or your Rockerfeller?

Wowww North American is facing economic crisis while making 8 billion each person per shuttle trips.

How much is a litre of milk in America? 300 millions USD?

That IS NOT calculating today's price x4 or at around $130 per barrel.

I think I should wake up, this world is beyond help. And USA is the source of all problems.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheebay
So a shuttle trip costs 2 thousands billions, what should I call it?, 2 trillion or 2 zillion?

No that is the value of the cargo of one return trip...

We have not yet brought any back (officially)

We have not yet mass produced the HE3 fusion reactors needed for this...
but MIT is close and so is Sandia Labs

Personally I say we tell the Oil Barons what they can do with their oil...
While Americans are shelling out at the pumps OPEC ROBBER BARONS are gouging us on oil prices

And Saudis pay no Income tax and all drive a Mercedes so don't tell me about who is rich and who is not

Imagine what would happen if the US just switched to our own reserves and cut OPEC off at the pumps for a few years?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

No that is the value of the cargo of one return trip...

We have not yet brought any back (officially)

We have not yet mass produced the HE3 fusion reactors needed for this...
but MIT is close and so is Sandia Labs

Personally I say we tell the Oil Barons what they can do with their oil...
While Americans are shelling out at the pumps OPEC ROBBER BARONS are gouging us on oil prices

And Saudis pay no Income tax and all drive a Mercedes so don't tell me about who is rich and who is not

Imagine what would happen if the US just switched to our own reserves and cut OPEC off at the pumps for a few years?

Ok it is the value of the cargo, I thought it was the cost of HE3 for a a single shuttle trip. What cargo is it? gold? or some shi**t USA trying to sell after coming back from the trip? Ok then otherwise, it is the costs of a trip, so when Russia or China make the trip, USA has to charge them 2x1000 billions?Just how Russia China USA or others pay this zillions?

USA has not brought it back, so it is business ay? Put 1 dollar must bring back 2 dollar. Mmmm what an interesting concept, should I buy it?
Bring back what that cost more than 2x1000 billions? Alien technologies or selling broadcasting rights?

Ok, USA has not yet mass produced it, they just closed to 25 tonnes, but they were flying dozens of shuttles, where did this shuttles get their 25 tonnes of HE3 per trip? from your God ay?

Why should Saudi pay income tax? they should not, only MAFIA country such as USA force people to pay tax, beside those taxes, their churches also force people to pay 10% of their income, what a country and what a community. They called it "it is not what your country can do for you but it is what you can do for your country". Sounds familiar? pay more TAX!!!

By the way Saudi is Arab, and Mercedes is German, it has nothing to do with USA.

I think USA should switch to their own reserves and fly their 25 tonnes HE3 shuttle ( ups I thought space shuttle program was a collaboration of many countries, France is one of them ).
Why USA reported it as 2x1000 billions to the world? I smell corruptions here.

Ok back to the SWITCH, I think USA should switch to their own reserves and start paying 300 millions for a litre of milk to match up 2x1000 billions per 25 tons of HE3.

If USA's so called MIT and Sandia labs are close to producing 2x1000 billions , and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww the rest 33000000 companies in USA must be able to produce 79643134654613234654643131313131313 billions $$$$$$$$ of their own. And surely they will live happily ever after for 45646761313468764 years without OPEC and the rest of the world.

USA must be da best........... pay more tax please!!!!!!!

This is cute.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Just found this to add

The best rebuttal to allegations of a "Moon Hoax," however, is common sense. Evidence that the Apollo program really happened is compelling: A dozen astronauts (laden with cameras) walked on the Moon between 1969 and 1972. Nine of them are still alive and can testify to their experience. They didn't return from the Moon empty-handed, either. Just as Columbus carried a few hundred natives back to Spain as evidence of his trip to the New World, Apollo astronauts brought 841 pounds of Moon rock home to Earth.
d.

"We've found particles of fresh glass in Moon rocks that were produced by explosive volcanic activity and by meteorite impacts over 3 billion years ago," added Norman. "The presence of water on Earth rapidly breaks down such volcanic glass in only a few million years. These rocks must have come from the Moon!"

So they must have gone to the moon or Aliens gave it to them?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Someone said in an earlier post "it is not in man kinds nature to go some where and not go back". I'd like to add to that...

It is not in the US GOVERNMENTS nature to go somewhere and not suck every possible resource from it. Even if the moon could be used as a remote site for garbage disposal, the American government would surely use it for just that. Sure the flight to the moon might cost a billion or two but so what, they've spent a lot more than that financing wars since 9/11. IF the United States actually could get to the moon they would surely be taking advantage of it and they would have set up permanent residence there, likely with a big US flag planted on the top of a Starbucks or Walmart...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

well theres no nead to if robots can do our jod although ive never thought of wehat youve said and it is interesting theres really noot much else to learn from the moon

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

thats true and ill have to think about that

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Anon, I realize you were being sarcastic, or at the least, tongue-in-cheek about the Starbucks and WalMart notion. Funny, though.

But, it's so much easier to dump our garbage right here in our backyard...

Anyway, ever hear about the Restaurant on the Moon that didn't get much business??? Food was good, but there wasn't enough atmosphere....

edit: Made the joke better. (??)

[edit on 7/5/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well the claim made in the first vid that we never never returned is just rubbish. According to nasa we went back several times after 1969.

And huge alien spaceships parked on the moon eh? Fanciful, but without pics this claim is worthless..pretty much like every other claim made in the videos..

Oh, and all those times Ive looked up at the moon I seem to have missed these busy light shows they mention..I guess i must have looked at the wrong time..

We never went to the moon. Not ever. People should stop making such outlandish videos..

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Nonchalant.....are you reading the same thread I am?? Are you paying attention??

You see, look up, see the title of this thread. The question is WHY NASA has never gone back to the Moon. The implication, I think, is why a MANNED mission has never gone back. NASA has mounted subsequent missions (Clementine comes to mind, could be wrong though). There is rampant supposition, in conspiracy format mind you, that there were and still are clandestine 'secret' operations being conducted to this day.

Apollo was very real....the speculation is it was a 'cover' for some other secret stuff. Hence, the blossoming of this 'conspiracy theory' surrounding Apollo.

What I find interesting to consider is: IF adequate technology, kept secret, was used to visit the Moon before Apollo, then all of those Astronauts were indeed very brave to put on the public show of Apollo, using the liquid-fueled engines and the 1960s era technology familiar to everyone.

Just supposin'......

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

sorry double post..

1st time for me

[edit on 5-7-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Anyway, ever hear about the Restaurant on the Moon that didn't get much business??? Food was good, but there wasn't enough atmosphere....

that was a good one ww thanks for the laugh.

here is a russian version of apollo 20 ?

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - secret NASA the MOON.Extraterestes.UFO.НЛО

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

yeah, easynow.....that 'Apollo 20' thing is pretty much shown to be nonsense. A good joke, though.

Here's the rub: The video has this annoying hissing soundtrack, with all of the requisite 'beeps', but no voices. THEN we are told to read the transcript.....but, you see, the 'beeps' are what happens when two try to transmit at the same time. When you hear REAL audio from NASA missions, what you are hearing is the short 'beep' of VHF interference, as two try to talk at once, but they have this time delay due to the distance.

In an airplane, here on Earth, when two talk at once on VHF, all you hear is a squeal. NASA had better equipment, that could detect the 'overlap', and bias one out. Thus, the short 'beep'....get it?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

ok got it ...thanks

got to be the best hoax of all time though ?

ok sorry i removed it...

[edit on 5-7-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Actually, easynow....it is not funny. That particular YouTube user continually posts nonsense like that. Some kid in his parent's basement, one would assume. It gets shopped around, someone else adds to it.....the opening "narration" is lifted directly from the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey"!!!!

YouTube, IMO, is generally a barren desert of knowledge, with an occasional oasis one can find solace in....but not that garbage video!!

PS....way off-topic, but funny as heck, and a good example of an "Urban Legend" gone 'round the Internets is the four cellphones and the popcorn trick. Way hilarious, just search it, you'll see!!!

Sorry for the off-topic rant.....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

ok sorry i removed the vid.

but to be on topic here...how do we really know that we have not been back to the moon ?

if we are to believe Gary Mckinnon's story about hacking into Nasa with his claims of finding names for ships or aircraft that are top secret...do we really know ?

if the black projects did create flying saucer technology then i would say that there is a good chance that we are already on the moon with military bases and such. i think the Apollo missions were for military purposes and the alien twist it was given might be disinfo to coverup what is really going on ?

food for thought anyways

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

OH! Gary McKinnon....I think he did a great service to understanding, for people.

I truly hope he does NOT get extradicted. Unfortunately, I fear the Powers will continue to stifle. There is too much complicity, too much evil.

So many layers of truth, untruth, deception, mis-direction.....it is like the old adage, when you dig yourself into a hole, just keep digging deeper, maybe you'll get out.....but throw everything you dig up to hide the evidence!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Nonchalant.....are you reading the same thread I am?? Are you paying attention??

You see, look up, see the title of this thread. The question is WHY NASA has never gone back to the Moon. The implication, I think, is why a MANNED mission has never gone back.

Are you drunk or something? Are you saying apollo 11 was the ONLY manned mission that went to the moon?? Im not saying ANY manned mission went to the moon, but Im sure nasa will argue the point apollo 11 wasn't the only manned mission.

But like most of your responses to 'debunking' posts, you start off with a personal attack then waffle on about nothing of substance, making everyone here wonder why you even bothered responding in the first place..

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

OK....hoping to be clear here...

NO, Apollo 11 was not the only manned mission to the Moon.

Sorry if it got confusing. The point of this thread is 'Why has NASA never gone back to the moon".

The general consensus is, the American Congress cut the funding, in the early 1970s, because of the need for Defense Funding, for the Vietnam (war).

Since, if you notice, we are currently in the "Aliens & UFOs" forum....then it makes sense to speculate about Apollo being just exactly what it as portrayed to be. Valiant heroes, doing great stuff....but, what if??

What if....behind the scenes, there was something else going on?? JUST a what if, mind you....but think about it.

Check my posts, see what you think....

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join