It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court rejects death penalty for child rape cases

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

As I mentioned in another thread you need to get these monsters early and YES you find some of the ugliest and dangerous of these people in HIGH positions (note all of the teachers that are caught-and think of all the teachers and preist in the past that were NEVER BROUGH up on charges because it would be un-thinkable back in-the-day to even suggest such acts!! The monsters had a hay day back then.

a sociopath of the killing kind (also see political leaders and CEO'S and such) the type that likes to torture and/or kill starts at an early age with no compassion to the feeling of others because they cannot feel empathy . A lot of these crimes by kids(and adults) are being done by a sociopath that cannot be rehabilitated in any form. These kids have no compassion to anyone's feelings and feed off pain of others (and like a pedophile) cannot and will never get better. Either put them down or lock them up for life. Its that simple. Why wait till they grow up and become serial killers on the loose? Wake up human race! Remember even a baby rattle snake can kill you with its bite.

The BOTTOM LINE is you have to treat these monsters like TERMITES they are no different. If you do not kill them they will eat all that is around you and ( society ) you will be left with nothing.

KILL THEM

[edit on 26-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
Also, you must wonder. If the person knows they stand to get the death penalty when they rape a child, they have no incentive to leave the child alive. Same punishment, no witness.

A raped child is better off than a dead child.

If criminals thought about the consecquences of their crimes, they would not commit them. Therefore this logic does not work. simply put, I know of no one that wants to go to jail, but I know of many people that commit crimes. No one ever thinks they will get caught.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Good points. I see what you are saying.

It always gives me the creeps to think about it, but these types of people really do seem to infiltrate certain professional fields and leadership roles in order to put themselves into position to molest kids.

If you think about it, the role of priest is a perfect cover for a pedophile. Im not sure how far back into history it became epidemic like it is today, but it seems that historically speaking priest seems to have been the position of choice.

Think about it, adult men who never marry, who live a life of "celibacy" and use church dogma as a legitimate reason not to ever have to carry on an adult relationship. They are usually well trusted figures in the community, they have easy access to parishioners kids thru the church. And most important of all, many consider a priest to be beyond reproach, meaning that they would have seen it as blesphemous to accuse a man of God with such accusations.

This is why the RCC has apparently become a hot bed for molesters. Such a sick and twisted notion to think of, but more little kids have probably been raped at church than any other place. Sad and frightening. Whats worse is you watch these shows where predators are lured in and then arrested, and a lot of these people appear as normal and upstanding members of society.

I have always said that this would be one of my biggest fears as a parent. I don't have kids yet but I have an idea of what I will probably be like when I do.....waayyyyy over protective. It is just my nature to be that way. Especially were I to ever have a daughter, I would probably be one of those dads who follows their kid to school and on dates...lol...just to be sure they are safe.

It is a truly scary world out here for parents. I take my hat off to people who are trying to raise kids in this day and age, I really do. It must not be easy. Definately they have my respect.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would just like to point out i think paedophilia is a genetic/brain abnormality.Its hardly a new thing,so when it comes to paedophilia etc i would rather take the course of rehabilitation WITH strict punishment ie paying for your time in prison...i dont know,some rough labouring job that pays your way with strict rations.I feel too many people here wish to see death by looking at their own views when it comes to raping a child.Any person like you are me thinks..well you know the feelings you encounter when you think about such things,but these people dont think the same way.So i think its pretty unfair just to *kill* them...seems very dark age law to me.Death should never be a punishment as it isnt even a punishment just a get out of your conscious and jail free card...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
I would just like to point out i think paedophilia is a genetic/brain abnormality.Its hardly a new thing,so when it comes to paedophilia etc i would rather take the course of rehabilitation ....So i think its pretty unfair just to *kill* them...seems very dark age law to me.Death should never be a punishment as it isnt even a punishment just a get out of your conscious and jail free card...

They are unable to be rehabilitated, because as you state, the condition is a genetic anomaly. The only truly humane solution is to put them out of their misery and keep them from harming innocent children. They can't be fixed, and it is a waste of time and money to attempt to do so. Rehabilitation does not work for these types. They are broken from birth, and have no place among the rest of us. Sexual predators are the lowest type of animal that have the misfortune to exist on this planet.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

No, you must kill these "things" they aren't worth the trouble to feed and house. You cannot place a pile of wood near your house to keep the termites from coming to your house and eating it, they will just create more queens and then eat your house. You have to take drastic efforts to save the many that want to live with-out catering to the monsters that want to eat your life.

We are all animals and just like a ranger will hunt down a man killing cougar or bear and kill it we must do the same to the "human animal' that will kill our children.

I can't believe that if your kid was raped and tortured for days on end and then eaten by the pedophile to empower him (in his mind) you would not shoot the monster with a shot -gun in the head if given the opportunity. Animals will kill to protect their young. Even human animals. It is their way.. it is in nature. Those animals that do so know.. that it is the best way for their species to survive. Nuff Said!

[edit on 26-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333

Originally posted by Lethil
I would just like to point out i think paedophilia is a genetic/brain abnormality.Its hardly a new thing,so when it comes to paedophilia etc i would rather take the course of rehabilitation ....So i think its pretty unfair just to *kill* them...seems very dark age law to me.Death should never be a punishment as it isnt even a punishment just a get out of your conscious and jail free card...

They are unable to be rehabilitated, because as you state, the condition is a genetic anomaly. The only truly humane solution is to put them out of their misery and keep them from harming innocent children. They can't be fixed, and it is a waste of time and money to attempt to do so. Rehabilitation does not work for these types. They are broken from birth, and have no place among the rest of us. Sexual predators are the lowest type of animal that have the misfortune to exist on this planet.

Yes well its very easy to simply say ohh they are *evil* *animals* etc etc I would like to think we as a society can comprehend that not everyone has the same outlook on life,sex etc If we went down your path anyone with a genetic malfunction would be put to death.Death is never the answer,and as soon as we grow out of that line of thinking the better.Yes it disgusting,sick and i couldn't even comprehend it,but thats because i dont have a brain abnormality like these people.I would rather rehabilitation and get these people intergrated back into society ALONG with punishment off course,than simply death which is an easy lazy minded way of getting rid of the problem,not solving it.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

thats because i dont have a brain abnormality like these people

IMHO -Yes you do to write the crap your writing. If people like you were left in charge we'ed all be in a world of trouble.

and the pedophiles would be kissing the ground you walk on ( and then rape your kid). Your in the absolute minority on this. Your thoughts are just plain stupid. IMHO

Well one thing for sure ..you could probably get a job with the ACLU.

Also, I believe your probably just playing the devil's advocate. (god I hope so)

Which is good for any debate.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by Lethil

thats because i dont have a brain abnormality like these people

IMHO -Yes you do to write the crap your writing. If people like you were left in charge we'ed all be in a world of trouble.

and the pedophiles would be kissing the ground you walk on ( and then rape your kid). Your in the absolute minority on this. Your thoughts are just plain stupid. IMHO

Well one thing for sure ..you could probably get a job with the ACLU.

Also, I believe your probably just playing the devil's advocate. (god I hope so)

Which is good for any debate.

Oh well now im an idiot for actually getting to the crux of the matter rather than a crude quick fix which will never change anything?
Ok im not stupid,i realise my view is in the minorty but i feel its the only way forward for a civilized society.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Does that mean that gay people have a brain abnormality as well? I mean, it is what many would consider to be unnatural and not normal. I dont happen to think that way, personally.

Here is my dimestore 10 cent analysis of what makes a pedophile what he is. Humor me here if you will.

I do not believe that a physical ailment or a brain abnormality is the cause of what it is they do. I believe it stems from a classic psychological sense of failure and worthlessness. Most likely these people are socially awkward growing up without much sexual contact or interest from the opposite sex. They have a sense of inferiority, wheather it be physical or sexual. They operate with a sense of wanting to dominate or to achieve power over anything, and children make easy targets for anyone who wants to feel potent and powerful because they are defenseless.

I believe that molestors are usually nobodies. People who suffer from low self esteem or self worth, men who may be weak in their own minds compared to others. I think the point of sexual inadequacy can not be overlooked. They probably have difficulty carrying on a relationship with an adult female and may be unable to please women sexually due to impotence or what have you.

Also, I believe that it does take a degree of hate to do what these people do. Hate for innocence, disdain for human life and society in general. And yes, it takes a certain degree of evil to do what these people do. I am a firm believer that there is such a thing as evil out there. Not exactly biblical evil in those terms, just dark energy and negativity that surround some people and makes it impossible for them to show empathy or compassion. In these events they wish to harm or destroy goodness or innocence, and no victim is more innocent that a child.

But, being that this all stems from pent up repression and self loathing, it also indicates that although these people are driven by some cause, some factor that motivates them to do what they do, it does NOT mean that they are the way they are because of a brain abnormality or any physical reason that would take away the personal blame.

It is a conscious choice to rape and abuse children. Yes, there is a psychological urge no question, but ultimately these people make that decision to move forward, to cross over that line. And for this reason, I believe that death is a fitting punishment. Some would have you believe that these people run around like wild animals with no impulse control and no ability to stop themselves. I would argue that these people know what they are doing is vile and wrong, yet they choose to do it anyway.

These are the types of people that gas chambers and electric chairs were invented for. It may sound cruel and uncaring and I could care less. There is no rehabilitating these sick minds, you can only hope to segregate them from civilized society and hope and pray they do not offend again, but odds are they will. It seems everyone wants to be compassionate and show empathy for these people, until one of them moves into your community right down the street from where little Billy plays every day after school. Then reality seems to set in. People need to take this kind of thing seriously.

Just my 0.02...I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Noone here thinks you are an idiot mate.

Your input is appreciated

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Lethil

Does that mean that gay people have a brain abnormality as well? I mean, it is what many would consider to be unnatural and not normal. I dont happen to think that way, personally.

Here is my dimestore 10 cent analysis of what makes a pedophile what he is. Humor me here if you will.

I do not believe that a physical ailment or a brain abnormality is the cause of what it is they do. I believe it stems from a classic psychological sense of failure and worthlessness. Most likely these people are socially awkward growing up without much sexual contact or interest from the opposite sex. They have a sense of inferiority, wheather it be physical or sexual. They operate with a sense of wanting to dominate or to achieve power over anything, and children make easy targets for anyone who wants to feel potent and powerful because they are defenseless.

I believe that molestors are usually nobodies. People who suffer from low self esteem or self worth, men who may be weak in their own minds compared to others. I think the point of sexual inadequacy can not be overlooked. They probably have difficulty carrying on a relationship with an adult female and may be unable to please women sexually due to impotence or what have you.

Also, I believe that it does take a degree of hate to do what these people do. Hate for innocence, disdain for human life and society in general. And yes, it takes a certain degree of evil to do what these people do. I am a firm believer that there is such a thing as evil out there. Not exactly biblical evil in those terms, just dark energy and negativity that surround some people and makes it impossible for them to show empathy or compassion. In these events they wish to harm or destroy goodness or innocence, and no victim is more innocent that a child.

But, being that this all stems from pent up repression and self loathing, it also indicates that although these people are driven by some cause, some factor that motivates them to do what they do, it does NOT mean that they are the way they are because of a brain abnormality or any physical reason that would take away the personal blame.

It is a conscious choice to rape and abuse children. Yes, there is a psychological urge no question, but ultimately these people make that decision to move forward, to cross over that line. And for this reason, I believe that death is a fitting punishment. Some would have you believe that these people run around like wild animals with no impulse control and no ability to stop themselves. I would argue that these people know what they are doing is vile and wrong, yet they choose to do it anyway.

These are the types of people that gas chambers and electric chairs were invented for. It may sound cruel and uncaring and I could care less. There is no rehabilitating these sick minds, you can only hope to segregate them from civilized society and hope and pray they do not offend again, but odds are they will. It seems everyone wants to be compassionate and show empathy for these people, until one of them moves into your community right down the street from where little Billy plays every day after school. Then reality seems to set in. People need to take this kind of thing seriously.

Just my 0.02...I could be wrong

Hate long quotes,but anyway.I never said these people have NO control over what they are doing.All im saying is these people are only *turned on* by children,sick yes,understandable if its a brain abnormality yes also.I obviously know i may be wrong about the brain abnormality,there are studies but nothing that could count as conclusive.Anyway death? what would death accomplish exactly? Ok you just got rid of the guy,woopty doo,does that change the trend of paedophilia in society? How many people are you willing to kill year after year after year.Why not,no matter how hard it is,especially if you are a parent.Come to terms that these people no matter how easy it is to label as evil etc are disabled mentally? And your description of a paedophile is nonsense at best,there are many paedophile's who are just as normal as you or i,but when it comes to sexuality have an urge for young children,just as we would have an urge for young woman...its a tricky subject,especially when you cant even comprehend wha tis going through these people's minds,but thats just because you dont have these people's minds...Maybe im too liberal!
Just want to add my thoughts though!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

I definately don't claim to be an expert here, I was just offerning my amateur analysis and nothing more.

Executing another human being is never an easy decision, and I am against the death penalty in a lot of cases. Any time there is a shred of evidence pointing to a possibility of innocence, even one small contradiction, then I believe the death penalty should instantly be ruled out.

In cases where the evidence is overwhelming, especially involving repeat offenders, then at some point you have to say enough is enough. This human being has no redeeming qualities and is a threat and a menace to society. Then I think the option of death is justified.

But put yourself into the shoes of a parent who's six year old daughter has been brutally raped by some sick pedophile, only to see people step in to defend the beast as being innocent due to brain failure or chemical imbalance or whatever. Imagine knowing that you will have to raise this child who will no doubt be scarred and emotionally damaged for life. Now imagine if that person responsible were to get a three years sentance followed by mandatory counseling and a probationary period of say two years once released. How would you feel?

The reason I ask is that there was a recent case here in NC of a man convicted of doing exactly what I have described, and this was the sentence he recieved for it.

Wouldnt you be outraged? I know I would be.

[edit on 6/26/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Boy, I'd give it up if I was you.

Supreme Court rejects death penalty for child rape cases-

now as far as "stupid" goes I know the people on the supreme court aren't stupid. As a matter of fact they are way smarter than me. I mean to get to that position, you have to be smart. But, being human (all of them) they sure can make some stupid laws!

Just like your argument. Its just plain stupid. No matter how smart you are.

Even a great race car driver that’s smart in driving can run into a wall and kill himself in an instant.

Its best to kill covicted child molesters and killers and let God sort 'em out.

It would seem much better than just hoping for the best and letting the system fill-up with the scum and clog the works.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You hit the nail on the head!

Yep, just think ..that pedophile put in prison and down the road being interviewed on some media TV news show doing a piece on pedophiles ..and that young kid he raped seeing that scum on TV and bring back all the terror and memories of that awful experience...This scum-bag getting all the attention and with pleading eyes and voice looking into the camera saying..I "I don't remember or know what I was doing...and I accept the lord Jesus Christ to bear my burdens and troubles...and take control of my life..."

Yep!! put 'em in prison. .let them write books !! Let them become saved by Jesus!

I say kill 'em !

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by Lethil

Boy, I'd give it up if I was you.

Supreme Court rejects death penalty for child rape cases-

now as far as "stupid" goes I know the people on the supreme court aren't stupid. As a matter of fact they are way smarter than me. I mean to get to that position, you have to be smart. But, being human (all of them) they sure can make some stupid laws!

Just like your argument. Its just plain stupid. No matter how smart you are.

Even a great race car driver that’s smart in driving can run into a wall and kill himself in an instant.

Its best to kill covicted child molesters and killers and let God sort 'em out.

It would seem much better than just hoping for the best and letting the system fill-up with the scum and clog the works.

Seems we just got to the crux of the matter,religion,you think when these people die ie they are going to float way,be judged by God and then the devil will have his way with them(doesnt apply to everyone in this thread of course) I can understand both points of view,i have no children,many of you probably do so maybe im not so experienced with the question in hand.BUT if i did,i would rather want to know why they did just a crime rather than simple act of killing them,maybe its just me,but death seems so easy..rather than stopping the main culprit in these acts which is a brain abnormality in itself(theory) but from what i have read it does seem to be something like this..

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

No....here's what I mean,,, the crux of it as you say...I think the point were all trying to make ( at least those who share my point of view or at least some of my point of view about killing the "proven guilty pedophiles that commit acts of immeasurable atrocities against human children)...

the crux of it is...WE ARE TIRED of the DIRT BAGS. Were over it.

That's all. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that should a man commit a heinous crime against a child...not just rape, but molestation, and/or severe physical abuse where the child is irreparably damaged...he should be castrated. If it is a woman...have her circumcised. This will remove the temptation(or at least the ability) to create, and perform a secondary offense. It will stand to show any future victimizers what the eventual result will be...

Killing them should be reserved for the extremely violent, and physically damaging acts. I am not against the death penalty if the child can no longer conceive, or has internal damage that will never heal. But killing for the sake of a child being molested, or spanked or something I feel is a little extreme. that is when, I feel, castration is the right avenue. Or give the offender to the parents...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

So what is really cruel and unusual punishment here?

Executing someone in a humane manor or castration and female circumcision? That sounds worse than death, not to mention there would be an entire class of halfling running around missing parts of their genitalia.

Now THAT to me has Nazi regime written all over it. Pretty nasty to think about, really.

Edit spelling

[edit on 6/26/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i dont know what i can add more to this thread, but i just feel that the justice system is becoming more lenient.

and also everyone should take into account the fact that prisons are getting overcrowded already where many are getting out who otherwise would've spent a great deal of time in prison if it weren't for that. I also think its offensive to the victim to treat the case as a mundane one, saying that 'there is too many of them to kill?' isnt gonna help the victim much.

people must understand that the death penalty not only scares child rapists but also is a means to prevent the rapist from garnering forgiveness, or accept that God forgave him; which is an inevitable mental state when one is given alot of time dealing with nothing in his head but the crime he committed; that might seem like a good thing but it aint since the end result will always be forgiveness and would lead him to a happy guilt free living if he ever got out, he might actually choose to forget about his past crimes.

also lets not forget that prison isnt that bad, he the rapist shares the same cell as drug addicts and with a kid who stole stuff so really he gets fed and its not like he is treated like a slave in prison, he might actually like it there. death penalty is a good way of saying to rapists that their lives mean nothing to us and they are worthless beings that shouldve not been born in the first place, in fact we are just reversing their existence. part of me wants to see them cry before dying but i know this aint relevant.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by DuneKnight]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join