It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush To Filipino President: "I Am Reminded Of Our Philippine-Americans When I Eat Dinner"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

when taken out of context, it sure is a horrible statement. Given the added comments, where he seems to clarify the reason for that remark, well, it's not worthy of attention.

I'm not a fan of the president but when you are culling out snippets from his speeches you are no different than an ad company putting "THE BEST......IN YEARS" on a theater poster when the review actually said "the best thing about this play is that it is the shortest show released in years"

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
just watch the comment here (along with others)...it's insulting and moronic...period.

www.crooksandliars.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We all make mistakes...poor Bushy
Not his fault he c@n n0t spek go00d

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

you were a cook not a Chef. you apparently didn't take much joy in cooking food for people to enjoy. it's a bit off topic, but just because you think it's a crappy job doesn't mean that is how everyone looks at it.

I hate what Bush has done to this country (or at least what he has been made to look like he's done to this country... if that makes any sense) but this is just rediculous. the man didn't say anything racist, or derogatory towards phillipino americans, he just said that every time he eats dinner he is reminded of our special relationship with the phillipines.

some of you guys dig pretty deep for crap to throw at the president, but this is by far the silliest display of bush-whacking i have ever seen.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

I was a cook and a chef at a local restaurant here in Roanoke Va for 10 years and I am good at it. I enjoy cooking and enjoy cooking for others but after 20+ years of it, burn out sets in.

Call it bushwhacking if you like but I cannot help but feel that the comment, especially given the circumstance (discussing aid after a devestating cyclone) was inapproproiate... essentially saying your people make great servants. Like I posted earlier he could have chosen better examples to praise them with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join