It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation for the Cardiff UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Looks like it was just lanterns.

I was getting quite excited about this one as well

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
even if they were real UFO's Sky lanterns will be the scapegoat always!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think this is the new excuse!
At first it was weather balloons,marsh gas and
now paper lanterns..dear dear!
They`ll be running out of scapegoats soon enough!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
yes,a police helicopter piolet wouldn't be able to identify some lanterns. I believe the lantern story. *goes back to eating what ever the media feeds me*

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcelona
Looks like it was just lanterns.

I was getting quite excited about this one as well

news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh thats ok then, looks like the experienced police helicopter crew need to be taken off duty and maybe sectioned under the mental health act as they obviously need some kind of help especially due to the fact that they need to know how to distinguish between lanterns and a solid disc shaped craft? before they can actually go back to duty, surely the video footage from all the cameras on the police helicopter will clear up all this confusion, oh wait a minute there isn't any footage. Lanterns..........

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hang on, I thought the 'object' almost collided with the helicopter and the helicopter then gave chase but had to stop due to being short of fuel? I take it the official story's changed now!!

Maybe they were jet-powered lanterns

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Lanterns???? Gimme a fricking break already

[edit on 25-6-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Hang on, I thought the 'object' almost collided with the helicopter and the helicopter then gave chase but had to stop due to being short of fuel? I take it the official story's changed now!!

Maybe they were jet-powered lanterns

I slapped my head when I read that story. Its strange indeed that BBC reported it as if they were "forced" to cook up something really fast.... hmmm

Police said, it was a disc with glowing lights on the edge and it was fast, faster then a chopper, it couldn't chase it (says the Sun). Thats not a lantern's description even remotely.

So that means only two things.... the Sun made up parts of the story to make it more spicy OR someone is now trying to hide things under the carpet.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Oh really. So whats more believable? An intergalactic cruiser controlled by an alien from pluto or a lantern? hmmm let me think for a moment....

Have you actually had a discussion with the pilot of the helicopter? Papers and the media in general blow these stories out of proportion because IT SELLS!

For a change don't let ya fantasy get the better of you and use your common sense mate.

I believe we share our universe with other races but i don't think we have been visited... Yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You cant have it both ways, if you believe there is life out there you have to believe we have been visited.

You say 'yet' so do you think this particular moment in history is unique to us? Its very possible Alien civilisations have had millions of years head start on us, and you think they couldn't have evolved past rocket propulsion to travel vast distances? Its already theoretically possible to use worm holes in the fabric of space to travel lightyears, and given a few million years of technology is very possible. Just because we cant imagine it doesn't mean it wont work and give the vast numbers of stars and potentials out there you have to conceded that yes, we have and are being visited by Alien craft. Or your calling all the credible witness's to these events lunatics who cant tell a balloon or star from something that performs amazing arial manovers (often caught on RADAR) its preposterous to consider anything else.

Originally posted by weenaman
reply to post by franspeakfree

Oh really. So whats more believable? An intergalactic cruiser controlled by an alien from pluto or a lantern? hmmm let me think for a moment....

Have you actually had a discussion with the pilot of the helicopter? Papers and the media in general blow these stories out of proportion because IT SELLS!

For a change don't let ya fantasy get the better of you and use your common sense mate.

I believe we share our universe with other races but i don't think we have been visited... Yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

You cant have it both ways, if you believe there is life out there you have to believe we have been visited.

So that must mean that we have visited them too!

Its already theoretically possible to use worm holes in the fabric of space to travel lightyears

Lol who told you this? Where is their a 'wormhole'? You watch too much Sci Fi!.

Just because we cant imagine it doesn't mean it wont work and give the vast numbers of stars and potentials out there you have to conceded that yes, we have and are being visited by Alien craft

Prove it! I will bet you 100 GBP you can't! And yeah there are vast numbers of stars, galaxies etc. The nearest galaxy to us is Andromeda, 2 million light years away. The closest known planet away from our system is 100 light years. These guys must have some serious technology because with our technology it would take us 2710396 years to get to this planet! So is it unfair to assume that we have not been visited?

Or your calling all the credible witness's to these events lunatics who cant tell a balloon or star from something that performs amazing arial manovers (often caught on RADAR) its preposterous to consider anything else.

Is that what you heard? Or have you seen it with your own eyes? I believe it when i see it thanks and while im waiting i will use my common sense which tells me the Helicopter was not attacked by a starship enterprise.

Thanks

[edit on 25-6-2008 by weenaman]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would believe the answer more if the press said it was Green Lantern!

They must be getting tired of the weather balloon explanation. I tend to think a pilot would know the difference or maybe he should retire his wings.

[edit on 6/25/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

If you aint seen a lantern before or even heard of one you are gonna think what the f**k is that, specially if your in a Heli! Don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Weenaman

First of all you say,

Oh really. So whats more believable? An intergalactic cruiser controlled by an alien from pluto

Then you say

I am confused with the last statement?

Don't get me wrong your entitled to your own views however, condescending replies like the first will not get you very far here. Before you type your replies may I suggest you take a good look around this site and study the facts and threads beforehand.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Regarding stories put around by The Sun, anyone unfamiliar with this tabloid should realise it's one of the least reliable sources of the truth in the British press.

This piece from CBC seems to put the events into context. The final comment would require addressing by anyone who's convinced the sightings were of something extraterrestrial.

WG3

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by weenaman
Prove it! I will bet you 100 GBP you can't! And yeah there are vast numbers of stars, galaxies etc. The nearest galaxy to us is Andromeda, 2 million light years away. The closest known planet away from our system is 100 light years. These guys must have some serious technology because with our technology it would take us 2710396 years to get to this planet! So is it unfair to assume that we have not been visited?

It is unfair to assume that we haven't been visited. If you do your homework, there is a wealth of strong evidence out there. All you have to do is look. Ground visual, ground radar, airborne visual, airborne radar, highly credible witnesses that have been professionally trained to identify airborne objects, witnesses of very high rank and stature that would receive absolutely no benefit in disclosing their experiences, strong photographic and video evidence long before the inception of computer software enhancement, official government documents and reports, trace physical evidence, military audio tapes and reports, strong suggestions of coverups and changes in official stories, etc... i could go on. You can choose to be blind to it and continue your comfortable existence for the time being, or you can prepare yourself for the major changes disclosure may possibly bring to the world. Not to mention, do you really want to be on the receiving end of, 'I told you so', that will most likely come in your lifetime? Hell, i'm even thinking about what i might minor in at school that would be of use in a post disclosure world.

top topics

join