Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Red + Green + White Flashing "stars" in Western Sky (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Red + Green + White Flashing "stars" in Western Sky (video)

www.youtube.com

A video recorded by my friend whilst i was present in his back yard, where at night we have an un-tainted crystal clear view of the stars and the "stars" and the...

they are there, most nights, most clear nights you will see one sure as day. They appear to be moving, sometimes. sometimes they float around or stay still or accompany an ultra-bright white object.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
upload.wikimedia.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have gotten all up on these mofos with my binoculars and, though sadly with much loss in image quality, was able to zoom in with my crappy digital. I wish I had a damn telescope! With a camera f***cking built in!

-In person I've watched these lights go on for a couple of hours, I have also seen them just vanish-

***I keep hearing lame excuses for these things, these are NOT supernovas, these are electronical pulses of lights, CLOSE, very close to, if not withIN our atmosphere...***

So what are these strange phenomena? I have come across several message boards (including here on ATS) describing the exact same thing.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There have been several posts about these objects. I have seen them in the sky for years. A family in Indiana had captured one (or several) of these on video.

Here is a post that I wrote concerning the Indiana sightings.

Complete thread here:

As I stated in my previous post, I have seen them through a telescope...but they flash so brightly, it was impossible to determine a shape or any detail.
The lights are so bright...like L.E.D. bright...or H.I.D. bright....through the scope I was able to discern another color a almost purple white that is spectacular to behold.

There is something up there.....but without any detail or good close ups...its impossible to identify what they are........

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Was it anything like this?
This video was captured using a Meade 10" telescope with a Philips SPC900NC camera attached. I defocussed the image a couple of times, which lets you see the color variation more clearly. The focussed image so bright, the CCD is saturated.

Video

WG3

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Everybody I point this out to claims it is a satellite.
I tend to think a little bigger, and a little more paranormal. But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

I've seen these 3 different nights, in 3 different towns in Washington. and none of the stars were flickering... thats what made me stare at it in the first place.

I love how skeptics jump to the conclusion that we're too dumb to think of these things before we jump to conclusions. LMFAO

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The tricky part is that these are the same colors used by aircraft...

Left = red
Right = green
Rear = white

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The movement by our aircraft is completely different. They do move I've seen it when I was camping. The other "stars" don't seem to move though. I'm not sure what it is.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My son pointed this out to me last night. I told him it was just a star and the atmosphere causes it to twinkle. He said what causes the green and red color? I don't know. We sat and watched it for some time. It was stationary like a star, it was not a plane or sat. It was also one of the first objects to appear in the evening sky. Sorry I'm not an astronomy guy. I must admit it's not something I'm used to seeing, but never entertained anything beyond a star. We only viewed with our naked eyes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I can recall noticing and commenting about stars twinkling in these hues as far back as the early 80's. Whatever is the cause of the phenomonen, it's certainly nothing new.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
has anyone ever seen them move across the night sky???
if so then the claims are more credible do being something other worldly anyways to night i was out side taking a smoke break i looked up and noticed something at first I thought it was only a bat or another bird of the night it passed over me and rapidly doubled back i have never seen a bird do something of that nature and as it was moving away from me i noticed it began to glow 2 star like figures off to the side started to move towards it and as the light became one it vanished they vanished let me hear people try to explain this one away

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If the object is stationary, it is a "multiple star". It is, literally, more than one star that interact with each other. The fact that it is more than one is what causes the "twinkling", have multiple colors, and even appear to vanish befor your eyes!

I sure with that aspiring astronomer I knew from here a couple years ago was still around, a young dude I believe from the Netherlands, always had something about astro-stuff as his avatar, gawd I learned SO MUCH from him.

Now if it is NOT stationary ............. I can only tell the OP to insert the theme music to the Twilight Zone !!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The video of this object a few posts up looks just like the pic I took this morning; what I see in the telescope looks just like the afformentioned video ..........

The pic I have, correlating its position to what is there in Starry Nights Pro (astronomy app) and constellations, apparently is the Perseids meteor shower.

Pic taken with an 8" Dob using a 12.5mm Plossil, but via a crappy hand-held 5mp camera to the eyepiece (out of 11 shots, I got this 1); the weather was badly hazy, but I got tired of waiting for a good night.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Years ago, I was watching the night sky, holding my baby and I saw about three flashing stars. Red, Blue, green, yellow (or white), positioned in many places.
A neighbor who was in the first gulf war walked by and I told him what I was looking at.
He said, "Yea, that's a Navy surveillance satellite. If I had a grid, I could tell you where they all are."
I asked. "Why are there so many? What are they looking at?"
He didn't say much more about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
"Yea, that's a Navy surveillance satellite. If I had a grid, I could tell you where they all are."

Well hell's bells's !! Why didn't you give him a grid ????

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

lol!
He was a nice guy, though, even if he did have a drinking problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on 30-7-2008 at 11:05 PM
If the object is stationary, it is a "multiple star". It is, literally, more than one star that interact with each other. The fact that it is more than one is what causes the "twinkling", have multiple colors, and even appear to vanish befor your eyes!

I sure with that aspiring astronomer I knew from here a couple years ago was still around, a young dude I believe from the Netherlands, always had something about astro-stuff as his avatar, gawd I learned SO MUCH from him.

I am the only one who finds this utterly amazing! I am not an astronomer but i did a degree in physics and mathematics and never heard of such an object. Especially the bold part, i can't even think of how two light sources destructively interfering with eachother to completely remove all light, the colours appearing probably, but all the light? And to do so spontaneously!

If you can remeber the name of this guy i would be very interested or any more details about the theory would be appreciated

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I live in Wisconsin and ive been looking up at the stars over the months...but it wasnt until early last week that i saw something that didnt belong. It looked like a star, but it was flashing faintly a red, blue and light green color...there was no pattern to it either. Later in the week if just got stranger. Some nights i would see as many as seven in great distances from each other. I almost # in my pants and called up my friend in Florida and she saw the same thing i did...so what ever it was was in space not local. Im kind of shocked that they havent been talked about on the news. Last weekend i went to close my blinds around 2:30 AM and i saw one underneath the cloud line stationary...i almost # and then it disappeared. Please email me at mr.wilson12@yahoo.com if we can solve this.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
About a week ago, I was looking up at the sky, and I saw these lights. It was not a star or a satellite. I studied astronomy years ago, and never heard of anything natural doing what this thing was doing. Also, this thing started in the atmosphere. It was probably only a few thousand feet up. I got video of it consistantly, and evenly flashin green and red as if it were spinning and one side was each color, with a little bit of pale white in it, as well. I got video of it, and zoomed in as close as I could. The colors came through clearly, but the shape was tough to figure. I observed it for about 1.5hrs, as it slowly moved upward, and away from me. It was probably a town or 2 north of where I was (Rockford, IL).
Last night, I was scanning again. I saw it again. But this time it was in the south sky. It was further up, but directly over Rockford. It was visable just NW of the half moon. The color was more difficult to see with the naked eye, but I got my video camera again, and binoculars. The colors were definate. With the naked eye, it just looked like a star twinkling more than usual. This would prevent anyone not looking for anything unusual in the sky from noticing. This thing moved to the left and right slightly, and up, then down slowly. I called my mom who lives less than a mile away, but could see it from a different angle, and could see the movement well from where she was.
My girlfriend who also saw this with me, both times, googled red and green lights..., and came across this thread. Some of the video I got is just like the links on here, but even a bit less blurry.
The only thing I can think of is some strange helicopter hovering for a VERY long time, and very high. If so, WHY? I don't believe it was one, but that is the only earthly explaination I can think of.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join