It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First OOBE gone weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ok, well, I don't usually post much on above top secret,
but this is an event that shook me up, it just happened
a few minutes ago. But let me explain my story first.
So yesterday I talked with a friend about his OOBE's,
out of body experiences, and I got a bit jealous cause
I can't do it. So I decided to do a shortcut towards my end goal.
Since to attain an out of body experience, or as some call it
astral projection, one has to meditate and "know" that what you
are about to do is 100% real. The best way I figured, is when
I'm so tired I don't think of doubt, and that occurs when you just
wake up and feel super tired and wanna go back to sleep.
So here's what I did. I woke up early in the morning today,
I was very sleepy and I wanted to go back to sleep, and then
the idea to try an OOBE hit me. So I went back to sleep, and
right as I was about to fall asleep, I percieved myself as coming
out of my body. Now, lemme tell you one thing, what followed I was not ready for. So suddenly EVERYTHING went pitch black and all
the feeling I had in my body ceased. My whole body went numb.
In fact, for a split second, you feel as if you don't HAVE a body.
Man, I was freaking out, when I came to, I couldn't move,
my whole body felt painful. it's like when you cut blood to your arm
by accident while sleeping, you wake up in the morning and you can't move it cause it's stiff, now imagine that all over your body. This was the most weirdest experience I have ever had. To be honest, it felt like I
died for a few seconds. Anyways, anyone here who does OOBE's
that can explain to me what happened to me? Did I mess up badly?
Or did I do the OOBE just right?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
interesting read I would say that you had a half and half, did you hear anything? normally you will hear a particular sound, I won't say what it is as I don't want to lead you.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sounds like to me you started to leave perhaps,and then suddenly you stopped. but some of the effects that happen were still in place.

What you described has happened to many people on different levels.One thing id like to say is that this not being able to move,is sometimes decribed as the sleep paralysis that comes from certain and sometimes different circumstances.When going about your daily life,our perception and ability to processs our senses coincide with the supposed reality we find ourselves in.When these things are tampered with,it can sometimes have adverse effects upon our physical self aswell.

At any rate sleep paralysis is when the chemical used to enduce sleep is released into our body and our mind is awake.That would be why the person said half and half above me.

the only thing i would say is that you were on your way then suddenly your physical connection with your mind kicked in and went into yourself again only fully concious within your physical body.

This is why alot of people stress that oobe can really mess with you.

and hello my friend radekus how are you?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
interesting read I would say that you had a half and half, did you hear anything? normally you will hear a particular sound, I won't say what it is as I don't want to lead you.

I felt a sharp pain in my head then everything turned pitch black,
I didn't hear anything, but it might have been because
I panicked. But I know what sound you refer to, the high pitch sound right?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by toraylin

Naah, it wasn't sleep paralysis, I've had sleep paralysis, this was
more like when your body is lacking oxygen and becomes numb.
Like when you sleep on your arm in a certain manner and wake up with it
being all numbing and kinda painful and it takes a while for the arm to come to.
I'd compare it to that more, but on my entire body.

Oh, and, yea, a lot of stuff happened to me,
that's why I wasn't on ATS for a while.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think you did a great job, interesting technigue! I'll have to try it. The fear respons is the biggest obsticle in having a successful OOBE.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ah yes i see that now.Interesting experience to be sure.But i didnt mean to say like you had an episode of sleep paralysis either.Just that this is something close to perhaps what you were experiencing,I opersonally have never had it,nor would i say ive practiced oobe by any conventional means,usually i slip into an alternate self within a different reality(or so it seems)through my sleep state.Though i would say ive heard of and studied quite a few different cases of oobe in my time.

I am glad to hear from you again my friend as you can see im still around though these last few days in the para section are basically the first time ive been in this forum(para section)on ats in a long time.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree with Toraylin it seems that you started the OOBE and panicked.

It took me years to get over the panic paralysis stage until eventually I let go when I came to the realization that if you are to die but keep you mental awareness it wasn't so bad at all.

So I let go and that's when everything started.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I decided to have another go
at it. I'll try doing it tonight, and I'll try going
all the way this time. If I die, eh, at least I'll
keep my mind as marg6043 pointed out.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If you had a half and half then it appears that your mind isn't clear,i.e apprehension,stress,preocupied thoughts e.t.c.

Take it easy half and halfs or snap backs are not good for you and thats for certain! not good for the mind and not good for the body. Plus you have to be ready, you never know what or who you may encounter

The problem with trying to induce an OBE is that its not natural and the mind kicks in with expectations.I suggest sticking with the meditation and seeing where it goes from there.

top topics

join