It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building in motion planned for Dubai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Building in motion planned for Dubai

cnews.canoe.ca

An Italian architect said he is poised to start construction on a new skyscraper in Dubai that will be "the world's first building in motion," an 80-storey tower with revolving floors that give it an ever-shifting shape.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I cant even imagnine how cool if would be to see a building move all the time like they say.
I would love to go there after its done just to see this moving building...

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Dubai is looking like the new America of the middle east... capitalism at its finest

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

They have a really cool one under construction in Chicago.. But most of the world's tallest and most modern towers are being built in Dubai and the far East.. That particular "moving" skyscraper is absolutely awesome. What a feat of engineering.

Here's a vid:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The benefit of David Fishers design is that the building would be able to move with the wind and act also a turbine, minimising the winds damaging effects that skyscrapers have to deal with and allowing something so tall and dominating to the environment to be so green and friendly as well. Personally I don't think this building would be for the faint hearted, although the concept is nothing short of pure genius, I hope his plans are put into construction, this WILL mark a new era in sky scraper design and conceptology and will surely inspire other architects too invent greener, less environmental impacting creations.

new topics

top topics

join