It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli police officer kills self at Sarkozy ceremony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Israeli police officer kills self at Sarkozy ceremony

www.ctv.ca

An Israeli police officer fatally shot himself in the head at an airport farewell ceremony Tuesday for French President Nicolas Sarkozy, prompting bodyguards to whisk the visiting leader and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to safety, officials said.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld denied reports that there had been an assassination attempt on Sarkozy, and other police officials said the leaders were never in danger.

"We are currently investigating the circumstances to see whether it was suicide or if he accidentally discharged his weapon," said area police commander Nissim Mor. "His mission was to secure an area to prevent people from reaching the ceremony."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
What an odd time and place to off yourself. Any idea what statement he was trying to make? The article also mentioned denied allegations of an assassination attempt. Could it have actually been a botched assassination attempt?

www.ctv.ca

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
A highly trained officer part of security detail for presidential events blows his brains out during a presidential takeoff (and manages to fall off a building in the process)

riiiigghhht

The family of Raid Asaad Raid Ghanan, an Israeli guard who was shot in the head during the farewell ceremony for President Nicolas Sarkozy at Tel Aviv airport, refuted claims today that he committed suicide.

www.timesonline.co.uk... .ece

Sounds more like somebody's codename 47 ran into some local cops during his assassination mission.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

What an odd time and place to off yourself. Any idea what statement he was trying to make? The article also mentioned denied allegations of an assassination attempt. Could it have actually been a botched assassination attempt?

www.ctv.ca

Listening to Michael Savage much? I don't like the guy really, but I caught his show last night when I was on the road and he was talking about it being an assassination attempt. I honestly don't know enough about it to pass judgment, I know he was found with a scoped M16, which nowadays are deadly accurate.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I came here to post the same article.
It smells like coverup to me, especially based on where it took place.

Also another thought is he may have been a sniper on the roof programmed Manchurien style to do it, but rejected the programming...

OR he tried to stop the real killer and paid for it with his life, however the comotion causing the killer to flee.

If you are placed on a roof to overlook a ceremony, you are normally a sniper or a sighter, working in pairs.

Where was his partner?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It seems a bit 'out there' for me as well.

Why take this opportunity to off yourself. I'm not sure what the known protocols for suicide are, but this doesn't seem to fit the current basis.

Good point on them normally working in teams, where was his companion or companions?

Was it an impromptu suicide or just someone that had to be taken care of immediately.

Not sure if we will hear too much more on this, it will probably get buried with the rest.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Not sure if it was an accidental discharge....? That must have been a strange farewell ceremony if a cop could accidentally discharge a weapon into his own head.

I think it really was just a suicide. I would think that there would be video evidence and plenty of eye witnesses to show if he didn't really off himself.

We'll see.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Feel free to add comments and opinions in the existing thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join