It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asks donors to help Clinton with debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Obama asks donors to help Clinton with debt

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday asked his finance team to help Hillary Rodham Clinton pay off a debt of at least $10 million from her failed presidential campaign, setting the stage for joint appearances by the two former rivals later in the week.

In a teleconference with his top fundraisers Tuesday afternoon, Obama asked them to do what they could to help Clinton, according to two Democrats familiar with the call. A campaign spokesman confirmed that Obama had asked them to help the former first lady.

"Some of our donors have asked and Barack said if they have the ability to raise or give money to help on debt, we encourage them to do so," spokesman Robert Gibbs said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If this doesn't covince you that they are all in this together, I don't know what will. Asking his money men to help poor Billary with her debt. Awwww, aint that sweet.
Disgusted, I am with the crap that this system produces during election years. How ignorant do the political elite think we are??? Is anyone buying into this crap??
Bitter rivals some weeks before, now...well..there it is.
Logging off now to go throw up!!

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I suspect Obama doesn't have any choice at this point.

Does anyone believe Clinton would have helped Obama pay off his debt had he gone into debt battling Hillary to the bitter end and then lost? I don't think so I think the Clinton's still have allot of power and supporters and Obama is being pressured.

No doubt Obama, will be the new puppet.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Screw that!

She COULD have avoided all that debt had she dropped out of the race when it was obvious she wasn't going to win, or at the very least, a VERY long shot!

It was her choice to stay in an unwinable election and her choice to allow this debt to build to these millions!

It's HER debt!

Besides, the Clinton's know how to "work" the system to make money!

She made her bed, ....

[edit on 6/25/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What a guy, using his fundraisers to pay off clintons debt, that corrupt
wench who has millions and her husband who has millions.

She asked for the money to pay off a debt to Mark Penn, the guy who
is lining up free trade agreements to ship your jobs overseas.
tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

You want change!!! Then vote obama, cause thats all you'll have left
after he raises taxes and gives your money away to these corrupt
people.

top topics

join