It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are middle easterns good people overall? Or true terrorists?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

The common thread which helps explain all those radical groups is that if you research them, almost always an elitist moneybags pops up on the radar. Prescott Bush for the Nazis, some pakistani CIA dude and of course Bin Laden(s) for Al Qaida, and so on.

Were it not for third party funding I suspect none of these elite groups would ever outgrow regional relevance in a capitalist market economy world. Here is where the guiding hands are, and the real responsability.

As always, follow the money and you get your man. We're not going to stop terrorism by going into caves people.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Greats posts everyone!

I'm glad to have sparked the conversation about middle easterns, because many here in the states have labeled them as terrorists. My goal was to open up the conversation and seeing that we had hundreds of replies makes me happy. I am not against middle eastern people at all, and I don't fear the people, but I do fear their religion, as you know i'm a christian and I have problems with their beliefs. Saying that my favorite actress is Natalie Portman, & she's from the middle east.

many of americans and many of you posts blame the media. but do you mean the news or films? you see I think hollywood is much to blame. again, i'm speaking from an american point of view, so it might not apply to you. The movie iron man has middle easterns as terrorists, the show LOST has a middle eastern guy (the only one in the show) and the others believe he's a terrorist. it's in the news, and in shows like 24 among many other hundreds of films. in every american news station, (not fox) we always see iraqis, afgans, iranians, fighting with guns and killing their woman and making their children fight. everyday I go home to watch the news there's nothing good to say about the middle east, at least nothing positive. You never hear about iranian actresses or good people. You always hear the bad here. on television no middle eastern has a lead role on any tv show. I don't know of any middle eastern actor who is portrayed positively in the US. it's always will smith or bruce willis as the hero and the iranian as the terrorist group. I have to go back and read the thread and i'm sorry if I can't respont to everyone. Sometimes the only way to get people to talk is to bring something like this to their attention.

jedimiller

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
well, my brother in law drives a cab. he's an iranian. he told me that he's afraid of crossing to mexico and going to the airport because he's been treated like a terrorist. he has told me personally, that people don't like him anymore because of the way he looks. I'm in california, and maybe it's different here in the US than other places. but the overrall feel I get from talking to middle easterns is that they are not liked anymore. that everyone is against them.

but the question is, are they natural born fighters or really good people. because i've seen kids from iran holding guns when they are 7. cutting heads off, sleeping with 9 year old and the whole islam laws are scary to americans. I just want to know if any of you feel the same or am I just seeing red?

These people want the same things you do.To be left alone to support thier familys and raise them in thier own way.

The reason you are seeing red is because dick cheney and his minions say you have to inorder to be safe.Thier are thousands of muslims living in the states how many have bombed something since 911?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I agree, you have a good point here. the worlds elite are in one big circle jerk to keep the wars going. The elites of the world do not want world peace, they want to keep us fighting each other.

I also agree with other posters that Muslims certainly do get a lot of negative publicity, and from my understanding, the U.S. and the West in general doesn't get fair treatment from the press in the Middle East. The way to fight the distortions created by the press is to be open and honest with each other. Denying the serious problems our different cultures create does not move things forward, it keeps us stalemated in conflict.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Of course they are terrorists. Haven't you seen 24??

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe
Regardless of my value judgement, it is safe to say that the West is on a mission to stamp out radical revolutionary Islam.

We tend to frown on violence that doesn't make money for people in republics with at least lipservice to a modicum of separation of church and state.

We are attemptimg to eradicate a culture. Funny.. no one seems to miss the Third Reich which was quite the cultural institution in its day.
Radical Teutonism, maybe? Pretty much extinguished. Peripheral now at best. Not too many people crying over that loss of cultural diversity.

Which came first the chicken or the egg? You say the west wants to stamp out radical islam. Radical Islam kills Christians just because, kills women for not wearing a scarf on the their head, and kills mid eastern people who won't convert to Islam. I watched 60 Minutes last night and it was a special about the Christians===or what's left of them===in Iraq. It showed Christians attending one of the few churches left, and it was almost all women and children. Why? Because most of the Christian men have been murdered for being Christian. They go for the man of the family because with him out of the picture the women and children are virtually helpless as women are not employable. Islamists believe it is their mission to convert every living being to Islam. Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, etc., just want to be able to worship in peace and be left alone. Radical Islam is a scourge but the rest of us don't care what they do,it's THEM caring what we do is the problem. They can kneel down and sniff each other's butts 24 hours a day and it wouldn't bother me. So many wishy washy people don't have a clue about these people. They wan't to believe it's 1970 again and those people are just innocent "desert jocks" but it's 2008 and they are a dangerous sect. I just hope we get our military out of there and let them have at it to each other again. With Saddam gone, Iraq will destroy itself within a couple of years. They don't want democracy, they don't understand it. The same people the blood of our people was shed to buy them freedom are feeding and transporting terrorists everyday.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Since ethnicity is on the table, this slighlty off topic inquiry may not be wholly inappropriate.

Have you ever been discriminated against for being Welsh? Or know of anyone who has? Seriously.

I am occasionally discriminated against for being white trash.

Well because you asked, I'll answer try to answer in the quickest simplest way

When I was around age 5 I moved from london and went to a small welsh town to live, in school, they could not look at me and see much of a difference,(im very light skinned and could probably pass as a white man ) but because of my name they knew, and I had a a few problems because of that, yes you could say I was discriminated against by some people. They made fun of my father for being moroccan/arab etc etc. My father was not around, (he was in london ) so it was hard for me.

Around age 12 I moved back to london, by that time my cockney accent had changed to a welsh accent, and yes I did get a little bit of a problem because of that too, so yes I was discriminated against a little by some people for being welsh too, after about a year my accent change to a london accent. Only a couple of times after that I had people say stuff like my dad is a dirty arab etc.

When I go to morocco to visit I find people way more acceptable of me than people were in that small welsh town.

But all in all it was not that bad, and London is a great place to live, because of the multicultral society it has, there is less ignorance here than in a small welsh town lol.

So I guess you could say I've seen things from both sides. And I love being half moroccan and half welsh

[edit on 30-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I saw this video today. I have read several articles about the muslim problems in Europe. To the question, are they true terrorists? I would have to say as far as the younger generation of men go, they definitely lean towards terrorism. Even the little kids are getting in on the act. The old women aren't going to blow anyone up, but they certainly can send up a cheer when they learn of others doing so. So here is a video for your viewing pleasure.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Everyone who values their liberty needs to be made aware of how dangerous the radical Muslim threat is to our freedom. What is going on in Europe is a wake up call, and Europeans need to start taking action to wipe out radical Islam in their midst.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I just wonder what the bleeding hearts would say if a rally like this came to THEIR neighborhood. Out of sight out of mind I guess, but if we aren't careful we'll have enough of them here one day to make them a force to be reckoned with. I suppose the silver lining to the Bush invasion of Iraq is that not as many muslims want to immigrate to the USA now and that is just fine and dandy with me.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join