It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are middle easterns good people overall? Or true terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here in the United States most people hate middle eastern people now. People from Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afganistan. The idea that they are the worst and most evil race on the planet. Do you think this is an american point of view or is it the same around the world.

Personally, I fear Muslims & Islam. They scare the heck outta me and I'd hate to be lost and trapped in a Muslim country. Still, don't you think that many of these people are just misundestood? I was watching Rebel without a cause the other day, with Dean. He's the outcast, outlaw and overall guy around the block, but he's actually a pretty good guy, just misunderstood due to his beliefs and religions.

So the questions to Americans, do you fear fellow middle eastern looking people and try to avoid them? or do you treat them the same as everyone else. Note that this is not a racist thread, just an eye opener for american society. I know that after 911 everyone has hating on muslims and such, so I wonder if it still holds true today.

As a people, do middle easterns want to be good people or prefer to be warriors and fight over land and power? And if so, why haven't we, as Americans accepted their differences and do we still believe that they can be turned into democratic people. discuss.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Do you fear this woman? Myriam Fares
images.google.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...
www.dailymotion.com...
www.youtube.com...

Do you fear this man? Amr Diab
www.youtube.com...
Great music.

This woman? Najwa Karam
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

This woman?
www.youtube.com...
This one? Nancy ajram
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Do you know the other sides to the middle east, the culture, the people, the music, the families? this is only a small part of the beauty that lays there.

Fear of the unknown? then start watching these videos, and then continue from there.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I know that after 911 everyone has hating on muslims and such, so I wonder if it still holds true today.

See here we have disinfo about all that we get in news,but truth is me are slaves of Israel
.So what ever master told the slaves media they have to told to common people of America.About middle east in 9/11 check this thread buddy

Israelis were behind 9-11 !!
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

You know guys Israel dnt have its own land ,so they live like in jail fear of get attacked by those who own that land & those who just alow them to be their as they were in pain EVEN UK & AMERICANS DNT ALLOW THEM TO STAY IN THEIR COUNTRY AT THAT TIME. So now they made American also a big jail where we fear to go to another country because of hate which was created by 9/11 .No one trust us any more dude

[edit on 25-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
For the men:

Moroccan girls in Israel.
www.youtube.com...

And how about the muslims not in the middle east.

Moroccan women (recommended
)
www.youtube.com...

For the ladies! I'm sure you will enjoy!

Moroccan men.
www.youtube.com...

Now I hope I have eased your fear a little bit

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I highly doubt that "most" Americans hate middle eastern people, thats one heck of an assumption and it sure has not been my experience.

Your fear of middle eastern folks is rather ignorant and silly and unwarranted. Most middle eastern folk in the west are in the west to get away from crap governments and conflict, they also seem to want work and to take care of thier families, strangely enough the same as most Americans want.

I do not fear them and in my locale I actually prefer to do business with them as they tend to be honest and appreciative of the business I bring to them. I dont feel that I am taken for granted as is the case with most long term corporate businesses in my locale.

As a people most middle eastern folk just want to have a good life and to take care of thier families just like everyone else. Democracy is not always what its cracked up to be , scum seems to rise to the top. Just check out our political leadership here in the states.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
'Here in the US most people hate middle easterners'.
Jed. Stop that. Stop making sweeping generalizations without specific data backup.
America is a melting pot. Bet your parents didn't come over on the Mayflower or were American Indians.

Sometimes Jed......sigh.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well I'm Australian, not American, but I'm going to respond anyway...

Middle-easterners are no different to any other race in the world in that most people just want to get on with life, feed their family, enjoy life for what it is, and not get sucked into "big issues". I've spent some time in the Middle-East, and the majority of people I met were fantastic. In fact, the hospitality offered was significantly better than a middle-easterner can expect if they visited the west. In fact I'd go so far as to say better than what a westerner would get if they visited another western country.

There are issues. I don't agree with radical interpretations of the Koran, but then again I don't agree with radical interpretations of the Bible either. Also, while 9/11 was a terrible thing, let's not forget that Timothy McVeigh was responsible for the Oklahoma bombing. So you really can't generalise and hate an entire race of people based on the action of a few, otherwise you'll have to do the same for your own people.

One final thought. Just because a person is middle-eastern doen't mean they are muslim. Heck, even Iran has a (albeit small) percentage of the population that is jewish, and more who are christian. Same in Iraq. Even some of Saddam's ministry were Christian. You really do seem to be generalising. It is tough to see past the exterior, and you aren't alone. I probably wouldn't go back to Iraq anytime soon, but would have no problems going to other parts of the middle-east. We're all less different than we think.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Willard856

Good post.

Spoken like someone who really has travelled there.

To the OP, the middle east is a HUGE place, each country is totally different, different cultures, music etc. You can't possibly pick the whole middle east and ask us this question.

But I flagged this thread, because it's a question that I would like to see peoples answers to, and great to open some peoples minds too.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The idea that they are the worst and most evil race on the planet. Do you think this is an american point of view or is it the same around the world.

I would argue that neither hold this point of view. I would hope that the people in this Country realize the mistake of believing a culture produces evil. History has shown this to be absolutely false. Individuals not so long ago believed Native Americans were evil. It seems like with every passing decade we are given a new culture to hate and fear and nothing good has ever resulted.

Personally, I fear Muslims & Islam. They scare the heck outta me and I'd hate to be lost and trapped in a Muslim country.

It seems to be human nature to fear the unknown. The solution I would propose would be to make the unknown known. Learn about the things that you fear.

So the questions to Americans, do you fear fellow middle eastern looking people and try to avoid them? or do you treat them the same as everyone else. Note that this is not a racist thread, just an eye opener for american society. I know that after 911 everyone has hating on muslims and such, so I wonder if it still holds true today.

As a people, do middle easterns want to be good people or prefer to be warriors and fight over land and power? And if so, why haven't we, as Americans accepted their differences and do we still believe that they can be turned into democratic people. discuss.

I have met individuals that are of Middle Eastern descent that I liked and thought were great people and I have met some that I didn't particularly care for. I do not believe that in either case it was caused by their heritage.

This is an interesting post and I am curious to see how people respond.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
when 911 happened , I bought it Hook Line and Sinker...
I hated Muslims after that.... I admit it...

It was not until the summer 2004 that I took the red pill and WOKE UP.
the very first thing that started my new journey into the truth
was a 6 hour David Icke interview on the Newfoundland news station on tv .
I do not agree with EVERYTHING he said but....WOW.....what a wake-up call .

after that ,a bit of alex jones, george galloway, ron paul, sprinkle on some loose change
and a number of other sources and like magic...you start
to WAKE UP.. congratulations.. YOU TOOK THE RED PILL

No hate from me here...not any more
the red pill cures the hate...it really does
its a good pill but its not F.D.A APPROVED...he he

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
well, my brother in law drives a cab. he's an iranian. he told me that he's afraid of crossing to mexico and going to the airport because he's been treated like a terrorist. he has told me personally, that people don't like him anymore because of the way he looks. I'm in california, and maybe it's different here in the US than other places. but the overrall feel I get from talking to middle easterns is that they are not liked anymore. that everyone is against them.

but the question is, are they natural born fighters or really good people. because i've seen kids from iran holding guns when they are 7. cutting heads off, sleeping with 9 year old and the whole islam laws are scary to americans. I just want to know if any of you feel the same or am I just seeing red?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

I'm not being rude when I say this - but wouldn't it be better to develop your own critical thinking? You can't always believe what other people tell you, and David Icke et al might not always be there, but a well-developed sense of skepticism would have protected you from thinking Muslims are bad in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I really don't even know where to begin here so I will just say this.

Please do not include "most Americans" or "all Americans" in your words, I can only speak for myself hear when I say that you do not speak for me.

Americans have a hard enough time fending off stereotypes as it is....this type of rhetoric does none of us a bit of good

[edit on 6/25/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

As i am here in Europe, it seems to me that in USA it is all about trend. The enemy of today is the friend of tomorrow how the media and political lobbyist will dictate. One more thing, how American react when they see on TV Bush holding hand to the King of Saudi?
I am from a middle eats background and have worked and lived in many places in Europe. Here where I am now in Germany (a very small village) I have never uncounted prejudice or fear about people with my physiognomy.
If someone fear you for what you look like , you will not be wrong to assume that this person is of very low self esteem.

Kacou.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Okay, I am not an American (see signature) but i will give my view anyway.

Like a poster above, I have travelled extensively across the world including some parts of North Africa, true not on business but as a tourist. Included in my 'world tour' are some Islamic nations - Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Turkey. In my experience the majority of peoples from whatever country, race, religion, ethnic background etc etc just want to get on with their daily mundane lives just like we do in the west. They just want the same things we do. Everyday life is hard enough without 'conjuring up' other problems.

I have several friends who are Muslims, mostly Turkish, Pakistanis or Philipinos. They are hard working, honest and dammed friendly, probably more friendly than a lot of my white/british/christian neighbours I know. Only once did I ever feel threatened by a 'native', whilst I was on holiday in Tunisia, but it was my fault, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time ...... and that can happen even in your own town or country.

I have spoken to my Muslim friends on many occasion about world politics and of religious zealotism and they are of a pretty much same frame of mind as we are. The few spoil things for the many. Christ, there have been times when I feel embarrassed to be British whilst abroad - Football (soccer) hooligans and the loudmouthed boozed up Europests who always seem to wear football shirts whilst abroad. I tend to avoid them - thank goodness i hate football - (Tip here - Always stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel, it tends to cut out the Europests).

Haha, I can remember once, when I was on holiday in Florida staying with an ex-pat (now ex-brother-in-law) who had been in Florida for years. I sort of wandered off the beaten track a bit, to which I later found out was not a nice place to be in and there were some characters lurking around of very dubious character nearby. I sort of had that feeling that I should'nt really be there. Anyway, I just went up to the nearest group and said that I was British and on holiday and that i was kind of lost, could you please point me in the right direction (my missus was nearly peeing herself at this point in fear). To my relief the group started up a conversation about the US and UK and the differences in language, customs, lifestyle etc and walked me to a 'safe area'. Not only that, they told me that I had been in a bad area and politely warned not to go there especially after dark. When i told my ex-brother-in-law this, he went crazy and for the rest of the holiday he drove us everwhere.

At the end of the day, there is good and bad in all parts of the world, but mostly i would say they are good.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

There should be a rule against posts with this sort of racial trolling in the header.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If you take experiences into consideration of people going on holiday in one of these countries and being mugged of harassed, then it would be prudent to also listen to some of the absolute horror stories adventurous tourists experience in cities like NYC or LA.

Natives of these cities know full well that there are places you should never go, they know very well there are area's where the chance of you being mugged, rapped or killed are 99.9999%.

If you go and look at it like that, the US is actually among the more dangerous places for an adventurous tourist to go.

If you don't look at those bad sides, and look at hospitality and kindness of the general people, middle eastern nations simply OWN the western worlds behind in that respect.

When I went to Lebanon recently, the region I was in was still in semi ruins after the systematic devastation the Israeli army wrought there during the invasion. Life is hard there, food is hard to come by, people owning an actual roof to sleep under is considered a luxury still.

We ran out of gas smack in the middle of probably the worst part of town and before we got out of the car people were already asking if they could help.

While they sent someone to get a can of gas for us, they invited us into their shelters and offered us tea and food.

Even under the #ty circumstances they had to live under, these people were friendly, kind, hospitable and could still laugh and enjoy themselves.

An hour later they got back with a can of gas, which they didn't want a penny more then market price for and sent us on our way.

And in the west, we are bitching and moaning about 4$ a gallon (8 and more over here in Europe) and just about everything else, while we eat, drink, sleep and live in utter luxury.

Screw anyone who sais these people are evil.
Just by saying that in your utter ignorancy, you represent the purest of evil.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

but the question is, are they natural born fighters or really good people. because i've seen kids from iran holding guns when they are 7.

So?

Here in America I've seen plenty of kids with guns at the age of 7. Everything from toy guns to double barrel shotguns. Some of them are very good shots too. Does that mean you're afraid of Americans now?

The people of the middle east are like the people of Russia, of China, of America, of Australia, of Canada, of Mexico, and so on. Most of them just want to live their life, be happy, and enjoy it.

Yea, there's a few radicals out there. There's also radical christians who bomb abortion clinics. There's radical environmentalists who blow up SUVs.

You should judge a group of people based on how the majority of that people act, not on how the radical minority do.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nice replies so far, I'm happy.

Peace to you all.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

7 Years old?

How about this at 6 years old? ....

my.break.com...

new topics

top topics