It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UK/Sun UFO Story

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Flysolo - you do realise that the two Anonymous ATS guys you quoted are more than likely to be two totally different people!

I'll try not to post one-liners in future

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't think they are two people, same user name and same avatar. Besides, I don't think it is possible for someone to create an account with a used user name.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
FlySolo - AnonymousATS is just an arbitrary username for any poster who isn't actually logged in.

Anyway, just wanted to say this is quite scary as a lot of it seems to be happening around where I live (Shropshire)
, although I haven't seen anything myself yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Flysolo - as far as I know "Anonymous ATS" is just a general account for anonymois nusers to to join in the threads. It says so in the signature, and I've seen a mods explanation somewhere. - I'll see if I can find a link explaining it, or perhaps a mod could chip in to confirm this.

Not knocking you dude - just trying to put the record straight.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ratman

DOH! don't I feel silly now. I didn't realize that one can post anonymously and be given an anonymous ATS avatar
. My deepest apologies!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks Malech

Don't worry about it Flysolo. It happens!!

Anyway - re UK UFO sightings, not sure about Liverpool and Shropshire ones - could be those pesky lanterns again.

I'm more interested in the Cardiff UFO - seemingly a solid disk shaped craft. Ironically I don't believe lanterns as the explanation of Cardiff UFO depite this! [url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk...]

[edit for typo's on 25-6-2008 by Ratman]

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Ratman]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin

They just print what people are talking about at the time.

But isn't that something in itself? If the media are reporting ufo's recently due to increased interest, is that not a good sign?

I feel that the subject has really been thrown into the limelight since Robbie Williams expressed his views

Meh, if you say so. Here in the states, around my area at least, finding sharp objects in canned foods became a HUGE fear in the area and every news paper was reporting it. Couldn't have a day without seeing canned soup on the front page of the paper. You know why? Because people are making a big deal out of it.

Now people see lights in the sky and claim it's something Alien like. But it's probably not. Don't doubt me, I do believe They will make their presence known more than it is now but in recent weeks or so, it's just all about profit for the news agencies.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lanterns.
news.bbc.co.uk...

The one in Wales plus other sightings in surrounding areas most likely originate from the same source.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Alot of fuss over nothing as usual.

[edit on 25/6/08 by Agent Venom]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Venom
Lanterns.
news.bbc.co.uk...

The one in Wales plus other sightings in surrounding areas most likely originate from the same source.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Alot of fuss over nothing as usual.

[edit on 25/6/08 by Agent Venom]

exactly.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It IS weird how these things are being reported more frequently.

There's a new x-files film being made isn't there? Might that be a reason for the increased reports in national newspapers? (especially where "The Sun" is concerned).

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Thats a #ed up video man.
I was outside my house in the west coast of Canada and having a smoke.
this was about a week ago.
I always look at the sky and at the moon when im out there.
I have seen this box object before but the one i saw was lower on the horizon and just above a house.

it moved slowly to my right until it was behind some trees about.... 300 yards away.
the object was small when it was going behind the trees so it must have obviously been much further back than the trees blocking it.
thats not a big deal because i see things in the sky i cant explain all the time. they more of less have the same kinda theme though, with only one characteristic that i may think is different.

THE ONLY THING that made me remember this, was the video of the multiple colors. the thing i saw was identical.
honestly i didnt think much of it when i saw it, but i do remember thinking "ive never seen that before" .

Maaaan, dude you are full of contradictions all the freaking time. You should remember what you post from now on. Does this sound familiar?

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I've only ever seen one UFO in my life, (in North Wales). I was very young so I don't remember much but it was late at night and there was this HUGE bright light hovering over the valley, it was incredible. Then suddenly it started assending rapidly and vanished between the stars!

Wow!

You know, your about as wishywashy as they come. I don't mean to pick on you but in one post you will try to discredit an OP and then come back 5 or six times admitting the possibilities. Then discredit the OP again! If you like, I can post those as well. Make up your mind about stuff dude and stop looking for acceptance. My pet peeve with you.

I love it

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

Nothing weird about it. People will report the most mundane things these days and everything seen in the sky becomes a "UFO"
Seems like alot of people still don't know what UFO actually stands for. Makes me chuckle when people also say things like: "It's come from a military source, highly credible, this is the real deal....OMG....Aliens!"
Two people film the exact same thing, one a military guy and the other from an old age pensioner with one eye who lives a mile down the road, we'll ignore the one eyed old guy and use the military source instead because it's "more credible" What makes the military guy's footage more credible than the one eyed old guys? Just because of the fact he IS military? Doesn't make the slightest bit of difference IMO. Anyway when I first read this article and saw the video and pics, it had lanterns written all over it. Releasing lanterns here in the UK is a craze.

Here's another article:
www.cbc.ca...

Love this bit:

"Call me cynical, but what are the chances that a flying saucer would come down from outer space in exactly the same place where lanterns have been released?"

Oh it happens all the time. Just like it did last year with the Stratford UK sighting!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think what you're saying is true. I , Myself have had a few daylight sightings these past 3 weeks or so. Im about to get me a Video Cam to record them. I live in a big city and its weird to me that no one has reported these things. Im not saying that they are of extraterrestrial origin. All Im saying is that Im seeing weird things up in the skies.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

Lanterns my butt, though the photo on the Sun does look a little like a photoshopped lava lamp...

Looks like this will be known as the UK Flap of '08. Definitely an historic one... unless it proves to be a vast conspiracy of hoaxes (which I doubt).

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Yeah. An historic flap of Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanOtoko

The sightings will increase over this time period, until every government on earth reveals what most already know....things are coming to a close and they can no longer hide the truth from us. It's been going on for a long while... we've FAILED in the experiement, it's time they took over and DO what we should have long ago.

Ya see MONEY is a tool...it won't save you, ya can't eat it and it certainly won't help you survive. If we don't JOIN together as one we will be doomed to perish as one....personally, I'm against that.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by damagemouse

Looks like a classic misidentification of aerial objects to me....

In this case these things look like a bunch of chinese lanterns.

So, the Ministry of Defence experts told him not to say anything yet instead decided to blab to the media about it.

Sounds like these guys are just in it for popularity and media coverage and perhaps money from these medias. You know people over there. They area addicted to media attention and will try ANYTHING to get into the news and getting money from them.

The rest of the 'witnesses' just made up their own stories.

And last but not least, the pilot of the helicopter that sighted those 'UFOs' three hours later are more than likely hitting the hippe lettuce or eating magic mushrooms to see all the ufos he saw.

Nothing to see here folks, just misidentification and a bunch of greedy folks.
Move along....

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
hey guys, here's another one that came out in the sun today, this one is more focused on 'abductions'

www.thesun.co.uk...

A MUM who insists she was abducted by aliens on the A5 said yesterday: “I knew they would be back.”

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
According to the suns survey, 81% of sun readers believe in ET life!

As for the Chinese lanterns, I don't seriously think the chopper coppers would make such a mistake. It would definitely show up on IR & would be hellishly slow compared to a chopper.

I'm not the plods biggest fan, but lets give them a bit of credit, eh?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by damagemouse

look, i believe in ufos but i know when to smell a rat. correct me if im wrong but isnt the sun newspaper owned by rupert murdoch? who also ownes fox? who just happen to be have several ufo based films soon to be released including the xfiles? hmmmm coincidence or a great publicity ploy? u decide...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join