It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UK/Sun UFO Story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
check this!

this is the most interesting ufo story i've seen in a while!:

www.thesun.co.uk...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Oh cool.

I love those kind of videos where people are talking as it's going on, with the weird friend in the background.

Classic!

That was funky though. Too bad the camera wasn't clearer and didn't have image stabilization. All the cool events never have any crystal clear, steady footage.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeah they actually just reported about this on CNN International. Is it me or do there seem to be an awful lot more sightings in recent weeks?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It's not you AmericanOtoko,there is definatly an increase in sightings. In the sun ( had to have a little look on my way to work) they're showing someone elses pictures aswell. They've got a little number/email to send more to. I reckon we should bombard them with our own ones,world wide,not just the uk. They might see that there's a big interest and run little stories each week. Hell,there's enough sightings each week! I shall be sinding mine in when I get home.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think the Sun has been publishing UFO stories in the last 3 or 4 days.......either an increase in activity or the papers need to fill up the blank pages......

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenP
I think the Sun has been publishing UFO stories in the last 3 or 4 days.......either an increase in activity or the papers need to fill up the blank pages......

Quite right frozenp - although actually I think the Sun has been pushing this theme for a few weeks now. I've seen several stories on the inside pages. What took me back a bit this morning was the fact that it got a front page splash.

The Sun is not slow to put trivia on the front page, but I think in the past may have shied away from a UFO story such prominence.

I guess it could be a slow news day, but they've still got Big Brother and the Ronaldo transfer saga to focus on if they were just up for filling space. And I suspect that both would sell more papers. So my view is, either they've made an error of judgement, and the editor thinks UFOs are more important to people than they are - or it's a last minute splash because they had to pull a more populist item for legal reasons, or something....

LW

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Thats a #ed up video man.
I was outside my house in the west coast of Canada and having a smoke.
this was about a week ago.
I always look at the sky and at the moon when im out there.
I have seen this box object before but the one i saw was lower on the horizon and just above a house.

it moved slowly to my right until it was behind some trees about.... 300 yards away.
the object was small when it was going behind the trees so it must have obviously been much further back than the trees blocking it.
thats not a big deal because i see things in the sky i cant explain all the time. they more of less have the same kinda theme though, with only one characteristic that i may think is different.

THE ONLY THING that made me remember this, was the video of the multiple colors. the thing i saw was identical.
honestly i didnt think much of it when i saw it, but i do remember thinking "ive never seen that before" .

i used to have an old panasonic cell phone that had about 7 solid colors.
at a party i bust it out and held the menu button down and watch as it shuffles through the colors making the same kinda effect. it was before cell phones had lots of colors, so it grabbed eyes real fast.

i had that recollection of that memory when i first saw that multicolored box and i just had it again when i watched that clip.
i am sitting back thinking what the #... kinda disappointed that i didnt clue in when i saw it in person the first time.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC weblink above with some video footage.

This was on the mainstream BBC news in the local area.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i registered just so i could reply to this topic.

i have seen this multicolored flying object.
it frustrates me now that i didn't realize what it was at the time.

the thing i saw was moving really slow and went behind some trees.
i only got to see it for like 20 seconds.
i thought i was hallucinating because of how many colors it was cycling through.

so many colors flashing from the same point over and over just catches your eye. i was outside having a smoke, about a week ago, and i live on the west coast of Canada.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hmmm I am quite surprised the Sun has said anything about UFOs. Here in London the slang word we use for it is scum. Thats because if any news paper are owned then it will be the scum.er I mean The sun.
Still interesting how

Ministry of Defence experts were studying his report and video yesterday — after ordering Mark and his pals NOT to say anything else about the incident

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hey guys, yea I just noticed this report this morning on the way to work. was pretty shocked to see the person in front of me reading a paper which had UFO in huge letters on the front page! Cool story too, shame Nick Pope has to say 'now there HAS to be an inquiry'.
As if there is gonna be disclosure just because it's been on the front page. Although I do feel like many others that there has been a dramatic increase in mainstream media attention this year/month

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
there is most definaltely a huge increase of media coverage on ufos etc etc over the last year. Excited to see how long the sun carry on this for

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyStoke

Pretty simple. obviously the sun have recognized that since they have been covering the subject they have noticed a small increase in sales. just a small niche they are exploiting.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
unfortunately true, and when they decide there are no more legs to the story they will not report any more.
They just print what people are talking about at the time.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by weenaman
reply to post by AndyStoke

Pretty simple. obviously the sun have recognized that since they have been covering the subject they have noticed a small increase in sales. just a small niche they are exploiting.

this is my fear

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

But isn't that something in itself? If the media are reporting ufo's recently due to increased interest, is that not a good sign?

I feel that the subject has really been thrown into the limelight since Robbie Williams expressed his views

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"UFO expert Nick Pope studied The Sun's amazing footage last night and said "Now there HAS to be an official inquiry."

Not that I like to ask that threads get "flagged" but I think if any thread deserves to get flagged it's this one!

UFOs......................it has begun

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin

But isn't that something in itself? If the media are reporting ufo's recently due to increased interest, is that not a good sign?

I feel that the subject has really been thrown into the limelight since Robbie Williams expressed his views

not really - it happened when the Santilli footage came out and then died a death again. Im all for it dont get me wrong, i just know how "newspapers" like the sun are more interested in catering for the masses than reporting things for the sake of it.
I hope so much that things are moving forward, but Ill believe it when I see it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting footage but unfortunately the UFO's don't make any out of the ordinary monoeuvers. Therefore they could just be lanterns with multicoloured lights attached to them, set off from a field nearby. I hope that's not the case...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Thats a #ed up video man.
I was outside my house in the west coast of Canada and having a smoke.
this was about a week ago.
I always look at the sky and at the moon when im out there.
I have seen this box object before but the one i saw was lower on the horizon and just above a house.

it moved slowly to my right until it was behind some trees about.... 300 yards away.
the object was small when it was going behind the trees so it must have obviously been much further back than the trees blocking it.
thats not a big deal because i see things in the sky i cant explain all the time. they more of less have the same kinda theme though, with only one characteristic that i may think is different.

THE ONLY THING that made me remember this, was the video of the multiple colors. the thing i saw was identical.
honestly i didnt think much of it when i saw it, but i do remember thinking "ive never seen that before" .

Maaaan, dude you are full of contradictions all the freaking time. You should remember what you post from now on. Does this sound familiar?

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I've only ever seen one UFO in my life, (in North Wales). I was very young so I don't remember much but it was late at night and there was this HUGE bright light hovering over the valley, it was incredible. Then suddenly it started assending rapidly and vanished between the stars!

Wow!

You know, your about as wishywashy as they come. I don't mean to pick on you but in one post you will try to discredit an OP and then come back 5 or six times admitting the possibilities. Then discredit the OP again! If you like, I can post those as well. Make up your mind about stuff dude and stop looking for acceptance. My pet peeve with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join