It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Bush admin wants N. Korea off terror watch list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Report: Bush admin wants N. Korea off terror watch list

rawstory.com

During the day today, I spoke with officials from the State Department, the CIA, the Department of Defense, President Bush’s staff, and the Office of the Vice President — and several sources from these departments confirmed that the administration was moving forward on formally asking Congress to remove North Korea from the controversial watch list — which is seen as a key confidence building step by North Korea and China in moving towards North Korea’s eventual return to the nuclear non-proliferation club.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is news to me. It seems that we were always against N. Korea, I wonder who is next, maybe Cuba?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Now, this is interesting.

North Korea has joined China and has sent 'advisor troops' to Zimbabwe to aid mugabe.

Then the next minute they are off the list ????

Threats ? double bluff ? just what the hells going on ?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Now, this is interesting.

North Korea has joined China and has sent 'advisor troops' to Zimbabwe to aid mugabe.

Then the next minute they are off the list ????

Threats ? double bluff ? just what the hells going on ?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Now that you say that, it makes you wonder what is really going on here. This is awful quick. What is in the works?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Possibly trying to appease China by giving their little brother Kim Jong Il a quick hair tussle and a high five before bombing the hell out of Iran? We very well may have made a pact with the Devil on this, but I definitely can see the possibillity of us cutting this kind of backroom deal. We tell China, "Which would you rather see, continued sanctions and hostillity against your buddy N.K. or us granting them full recognition, resumed trading status, etc... but we get to clean up some business we have with your distant acquaintance, Iran?"

I'd like to say this could be a carrot on a stick attempt with Iran to show them how we're willing to work with them, drop sanctions, and drop the Axis of Evil tag if they just play nice and follow the rules... unfortunately, North Korea hasn't done either so that can't be the game plan unless we're trying to send the message to Iran that they can continue to do what they want with no long term rammifications coming from us.

top topics

join