It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return of the Honey Bees!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here in
Eastern England I too have noticed a very large amount of bees this year also some of the bees are quite small I don't remember seeing such small bees before. Also red ants, theyre everywhere never seen so many ants, dont know what that means but I like ants, except when they bite me lol. I'm a gardener and I hate strimming down wild flowers that bees are on but I try to make up for it by feeding all my gardens with Earth Juice Bloom, a great organic product to give you more longer lasting flowers. It's a bit expensive though I need to try and source a cheaper high phosphorus organic product. Most of the local manures are too nitrogen heavy to use of flowering plants effectively.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What great and wonderful news, i have just returned from Russia where my friend keeps bees, she has lost a few hives this year.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've noticed it too! LOTS of bees and wasps around.

On another note I also noticed a HUGE increase of aggression in the bees! since a kid I used to pet them while they are happily gorging on a given flower. I know it sounds a little weird but I always loved bees and was careful not to jab them or poke them just a gentle petting and a mental "Hi buddy! You're gorgeous!". This year I suddenly cannot get within a 3 foot proximity to one! I've never been stung or threatened / warned till now!

Maybe they have "formulated a plan" in an evolutionary sense that distractions must be cut short. LOL.

In a sad note, I've also noticed more suicide attacks on my windshield!

In any case I'm happy they are back. Oh! And also, a more exotic species of butterfly is around that I have never seen before. Like a black monarch. Stunningly beautiful. Hey maybe its a pigment change due to the stronger UV rays. Let's see what science says about that.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
in my back yard I have this HUGE flowering tree...[not sure what type it is]
I would put it around 75-125 ft tall
id say a good 30-40 ft wide at the bottom

for the past 2 days it has been SWARMING with millions..
and literally.. I mean millions of bees..

the kids and I have been out plenty adn the bees have payed us
no mind at all.. thankfully...

the kids swingset is maybe 20ft away from the edge of the tree line.
weve walked under the tree dozens of times...

not a single sting or even head butt.. they could care less about us...

the funny thing is.. the ground has id say at least a couple hundred dead and dying bees..

are they fighting amongst each other, are they dying naturally or what?
i dont know.. they cant be all from the same colony... can they??

oh.. btw.. absolutely no exaggeration on the amount of bees..
they have at least 4-5 bees per 1sq foot...

I should go take a few pics tomorrow morning.. :-D
it truly is an awesome site...

also.. Ive lived here for 3 years now.. this is a first for me..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
They are all over our grass here in N Ga, I haven't seen them on any bushes or flowers but the grass is covered in them most days, and has been since late spring.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That is a very good sign. Those little buggers make it possible for us to survive. I think they need to look into just what the hell nature was trying to tell us.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Bees counted locally do not agree with the findings of this researcher. Check out this link www.earthfiles.com... IMHO I believe we are still in doubt if the Bees will recover soon, keep your Q-tips handy for self pollination of your favorite fruits and veggies!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I tell you what my husband was painting the house outside and was on the roof when one of those pesky things chased him to the point that he almost fell of the roof.

He wave the paint brush and splatter pain on the Little thing, we laughed so hard it was so funny, still the littler monster would not let him be.

I guess they are now dominating the environment and fight for it they will.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KATSUO

in my back yard I have this HUGE flowering tree...[not sure what type it is]
I would put it around 75-125 ft tall
id say a good 30-40 ft wide at the bottom

for the past 2 days it has been SWARMING with millions..
and literally.. I mean millions of bees..

the kids and I have been out plenty adn the bees have payed us
no mind at all.. thankfully...

the kids swingset is maybe 20ft away from the edge of the tree line.
weve walked under the tree dozens of times...

not a single sting or even head butt.. they could care less about us...

the funny thing is.. the ground has id say at least a couple hundred dead and dying bees..

are they fighting amongst each other, are they dying naturally or what?
i dont know.. they cant be all from the same colony... can they??

oh.. btw.. absolutely no exaggeration on the amount of bees..
they have at least 4-5 bees per 1sq foot...

I should go take a few pics tomorrow morning.. :-D
it truly is an awesome site...

also.. Ive lived here for 3 years now.. this is a first for me..

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The return of the bees is good news for all. All those dumb f**k scientists didn't have a clue as to what happened to them. What is the average IQ of a PHD candidate anyway. The bees will be around for this year and probably at least the first few months of next year, only to disappear again.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think I've solved the problem at my place. I have a year old Florida Everglades wild tomato plant that didn't produce last year. I brought it in to the sun space in a planter. All winter I hand polinated with a Q-tip and had many tiny delicious tomatoes. This year, I hung it out on a line and the blossoms were dying, unpolinated. Then inspiration hit. I took a cover off a bright yellow phone book, cut it into rounded flower like shapes and straight pinned them to the trees, the fence, even the ground. Now I have honey bees and bunches of tomatoes. Perhaps bees have become nearsighted.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alikospah

Nice! You're getting closer. The sun is blinding the bees and destroying their immunity. Recently, with the late onset of the new solar cycle there has been very limited solar activity and very few sunspots. For now, the bees are safe! Take care -----------------PC

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I read something very interesting a while back, about five months ago, it had to do with a virus that affected just bees of the colony, it took 14 months of research to find out it was an bee virus, (something like bee pandemic) but people restocked their new colonies with new queens from private companys who breed insects. buildt new wooden hives, In the wild it takes much longer to recover.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Surprised there's been next to no mention of the parasites that were killing off / feeding on the bees, that there was as of yet (that I heard) no answer to.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My garden veggies and fruits are growing great here in Los Angeles. No shortage of bees as they are buzzing my head all day. Also theres alot of wasps and pole bees.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I heard it had something to do with the shifting magnetic pole. Like how birds are migrating at the wrong times and such, because they depend on the magnetic field of the earth to navigate. Kinda like a nature-made navigation system.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I too have wondered about this and have been looking into it for a while. Your entry is about all I have found.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I see them in my garden, but I still think there is a problem and it is caused by human stupidity. Bless the majestic Honey Bee!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm glad the bees are back and echo the question asked by others in the thread: why hasn't any been any major stories about this?

Perhaps it's just too early, they could have a relapse.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I for one am glad to see some honey bees returning
For me I see dollar sings Im in the wildlife and bee removal industry
and its been awhile since Iv had a bee call
around my neck of the woods I haven't seen any honey bees but have seen a lot of digger bees flying around in peoples yards

On a side note I heard a rumor from a friend (in the Ga.Dept of Agriculture) that a coloney of the Americanize honey bee was found in southern Alabama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join