It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis is Cuba and the Americas?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hi ATS users. I just registered and found the last active topic about Atlantis I could! So I hope it's ok to post here, even though the thread is almost a month old.
Here's the thing, I just read this non fiction book by "Arthur C. Clarke" named, "Clarke's A-Z of Mysteries" (The shortened version)
Which states that a professor "A.A. Aksyenov" from the USSRs Oceanography Institute, found and even took pictures of the lost "continent"
This should have happend in 1970, and the news should have circulated the globe.

And I quote:

No one got disappointed, becuase professor A.A. Aksyenov had a dramatic history to tell. The research vessel "Kurchatov" was doing some research on a underwater plateau, in the Atlantic Ocean known as "Ampères Plateau" When they found the remains of a city, with fortresses and buildings with staircases.
No one really heard much about the remarkable findings since then.

I was trying to roam the net, but couldn't find anything which would relate to this.
Have any of you heard anything about this?
Also I'm foreign so sorry for the typos/grammer.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dunnojo

I've never heard or read anything about ruins being found on the Amperes Plateau. I wonder who named the plateau. Did the founder of the discovery name the plateau? The name that was used was one of the ten Atlantian kings, who were the sons of Poseidon and Clieto.

Poseidon

sacred-texts.com...

Of the second pair of twins he called one Ampheres

Now we just need to find the plateau he found.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I think i've some more info.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Soviet expeditions to the Atlantic Ampere Seamount resulted in photographs of ruins destroyed by lava (like the Aztecs and Mayans wrote Atlan was destroyed by). This discovery was in the New York Times May 21, 1978. The photos were developed by the Academy's Petrovsky Marakuyev and reported by the deputy Director of the Soviet Academy of Science's Institute of Oceanography, Professor Aksyonove, who also reported ruins found off Cadiz, Spain in the same area as Dr. Maxine Asher's previous discovery.

Here it says "Professor Aksyonove" But I found a lot more information about this, thanks to that. (Look up this name on google, to get results!)
His real name is "Andrei Arkadyevich Aksyonov"
It says it was in New York Times, May 21, 1978. (It was May 21, 1979)
select.nytimes.com...

Another site
atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com...

In an Area that is located 900 kilometers off the Portuguese shores, an underwater plateau was identified, with strange formations. The plateau is on top of an underwater mountain. After extensive research and based to the measurements of our scientific equipment, we have identified possible ruins of a submerged city. We clearly identified destroyed walls and gigantic stairs. And although all these items are covered with loads of marine plants, we managed to take clear photos of the area. The photos are showing symmetrical stone constructions, staircases and other remains. All this material will be sent to Moscow for further analysis

Where are these pictures? I can't seem to find any!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dunnojo

That is some interesting stuff that i am going to have to read up on.

I will say, however, that the AtlantisOnline forum is a poor place to visit. I was involved, in a way, with the creation of that site (as many of them were members of AtlantisRising at one point back during the election of 2004). Good researchers in that group, especially if Kristin is still participating in that forum.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here is an article on BBC by Dr. Ranier Kuehne (another member of Atlantis Rising, and i think Atlantis Online):

news.bbc.co.uk...

A scientist says he may have found remains of the lost city of Atlantis.
Satellite photos of southern Spain reveal features on the ground appearing to match descriptions made by Greek scholar Plato of the fabled utopia.

Dr Rainer Kuehne thinks the "island" of Atlantis simply referred to a region of the southern Spanish coast destroyed by a flood between 800 BC and 500 BC.

If there was an Atlantis, and it was what Plato says it was, we should find evidence of them in more than one place. I would expect such a people would have mastered oceanic travel, and might explain some of the OOPARTS that show very early trade between the far east and the new world.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow, this looks interesting.

I did not realise that the Mayans had spoken of Atlantis.

Is that true? I will look for some sources. I thought that only Plato had made an account (and then subsequent people following that) but if the Mayans were aware of it pre-colonisation then that is two separate civilisations (allegedly not linked) speaking of the same place.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

It's just that the Mayan version is much different or not as detailed as Plato's account. The two things they share in common is the name and the sinking of the land mass. If there were any other records to collaborate the two stories they were probably lost in the depths of the Caribbean. People just need to fork up the money and send down ROV units to comb the Caribbean floor. I mean the deep sections.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ever hear of evidence of traces of ancient civilizations from
the Egypt and Middle East being in Western America and
perhaps Mexico.

This would be a trade post for gold perhaps way before the
Spanish came looking for gold and perhaps knew of the ancient
trade that told of Atlantis in the first place.

Google peak Victorino and find there is gold hidden there along
with Spanish armor that is now part of White Sand Proving Grounds
in the land of Texas west of the Pecos.

Only tied to the pre or post Atlantis tales if some of the gold were
from the ancient trade years. I don't know where the evidence
is of markings from the ancients or perhaps DNA of people left
after the trade years.

ED: Texas spelling was in error

[edit on 6/3/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

Is that true? I will look for some sources.

Hello George.

YES, Most of the Original Inhabitants have Atlantis Lore or one type or another.

I always found Donnelly's, Atlantis, the Antediluvian World a good read.
The Following links is direct to Lore from the America's

www.sacred-texts.com...

The Following is the Main Page/Index, incase you wished to review "Other" areas inrespect to Atlantis.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

You were unaware of this because it's not true.

Good for you!

Originally posted by george_gaz I thought that only Plato had made an account (and then subsequent people following that)

You thought right.

Atlan is the seni-mythical original home of the Aztec, not the Maya. No Aztec myth states that Atlan ever sank into the sea. In fact, according to the Aztecs, Atlan was an island surrounded by marshland; freshwater IIRC.
Also, the Aztec myth about leaving Atlan mentions political differences with the ruler (or rulers) there, not anything about any catastrophe.

By the way, I said "semi-mythical" because many researchers think Atlan might have been a real place. Among those holding this opinion, the majority place Atlan somewhere in the North American Southwest, likely in Southern California.

Harte

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Why do you believe California? is it because of the recently re-emerged nationalism surrounding Aztlan?

Not saying that it is a red herring, as it may have just helped bring back up some of the folk lore that was missing (only in bastardized form to create nationalistic pride).

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
In fact, according to the Aztecs, Atlan was an island surrounded by marshland; freshwater IIRC.

i wonder what hartes point is here. atlantis was on oceanus and oceanus meant freshwater not saltwater until after plato departed the earth. even if he says atlantis was on the pelagos of atlas he still must realize that pelagos simply means a flooded plain and need not have anything to do with salt water.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...
www.nincode.net...
i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...

By the way at those time the sea level was around 120/130 meters lower that today, the coast and the seas of the islands were covered with unimaginable amounts of animals also inland..after the fire snake(meteor) hit the oceans huge waves destroy the coast and the stone showers (Carolina bays today) were the mayor cause of melting the ice during that ice age causing sea level rise and sinking the islands.
edit on 10-2-2012 by atlantean1 because: Forgot to add info

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by atlantean1

The circular object is rather small for the city Plato wrote about isn't it?

What is the explanation for no archaeological record of 'Atlantis' on Cuba while there are plenty of fossils found on the island showing it wasn't 'scrapped' clean by a geological event?

Why no archaeological evidence for 'Atlantis' in the Americas or around the Mediterranean ?
edit on 11/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlantean1
reply to post by IvanZana

i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...
www.nincode.net...
i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...
i685.photobucket.com...

By the way at those time the sea level was around 120/130 meters lower that today, the coast and the seas of the islands were covered with unimaginable amounts of animals also inland..after the fire snake(meteor) hit the oceans huge waves destroy the coast and the stone showers (Carolina bays today) were the mayor cause of melting the ice during that ice age causing sea level rise and sinking the islands.
edit on 10-2-2012 by atlantean1 because: Forgot to add info

I saw that TV show years ago.

Yes, 9,000 years ago the ocean levels were about 400 feet lower than they are today.

Cuba = Atlantis

The Capitol City is less than 90 miles from Cubas shore.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

There is a lot of evidence about Cuba being Atlantis. You cant see the proofs or evidence because Castro's government officials keep very secret, they don't let other countries investigate anything and what they let investigate must remain unpublished/secret ,and the area where the city is underwater all those keys are restricted areas, no one is allowed pass or fish around there or they will be shot by the coastguards. And if you read the pdf you will see if the underwater city is or not and the measurement of what Plato said. There are more thing that i will not get into it now, but when the time is right they will be revealed

www.nincode.net...

while there are plenty of fossils found on the island showing it wasn't 'scrapped' clean by a geological event?
**Atlantis was a Kingdom not only one island, look at the Bahama Bank, wasn't almost the whole island wiped out, that protect a bit Cuba from the biggest hit, and yes there is evidence that the island did suffer from cataclysmic event.

edit on 11-2-2012 by atlantean1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That's is a lot of things that proof me about Cuba/Atlantis , physical evidence and other types of evidence that again i will not get into because it will take to long to explain, but the sea level were lower at those times there we more islands, the Bahama bank was a big island, some others that sank at the south of Jamaica that led the way to Central America Honduras/Nicaragua coast.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlantean1

There is a lot of evidence about Cuba being Atlantis. You cant see the proofs or evidence because Castro's government officials keep very secret, they don't let other countries investigate anything and what they let investigate must remain unpublished/secret ,and the area where the city is underwater all those keys are restricted areas, no one is allowed pass or fish around there or they will be shot by the coastguards. And if you read the pdf you will see if the underwater city is or not and the measurement of what Plato said. There are more thing that i will not get into it now, but when the time is right they will be revealed

Thanks for the reply atlantean

So its the old 'gub mint' suppression eh, so why was there no archaeological evidence of these Atlantean found prior to 1959? Please explain, why no evidence on neighboring island or in the sea, too .....

I can see no reason why Castro and Raul wouldn't want to provide evidence of Atlantis? Care to explain why they would do that?

....oh mystery huh, ....things you cannot reveal ....why do fringe writers always use this silly schtick? Tiresome. If you have something to hide why post at all? lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join